Page 73 of 180 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2688

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Very odd. I found the motion controls to be extremely easy, intuitive, and fun. The additions to the Wii version of Twilight Princess were pretty pointless, but I really enjoyed everything about the controls in SS. My only criticisms for SS was that I wished the overworld was more connected instead of being isolated waypoints traversed through the sky, and having to fight the Imprisoned so many times.
    For me, the wii plus remote was just too sensitive, and I found it aggravating to find an opening while attempting to combat even mundane enemies. Honestly, motion controls were a decent experiment, but I simply prefer standard buttons.
    Life is but a dream

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    For me, the wii plus remote was just too sensitive, and I found it aggravating to find an opening while attempting to combat even mundane enemies. Honestly, motion controls were a decent experiment, but I simply prefer standard buttons.
    Same. They asked too much of the Wiimote in Skyward Sword. Plus it always aggravated me just how often you had to 'recalibrate' the motionplus gizmo while playing; I could put up with it in something like Wii Sports Resort or Red Steel 2 since those games are perhaps best played in short bursts, but for something like Zelda, where the natural inclination is to marathon it through a whole evening, it gets very tiresome very fast.

Latest from me: finished Call of Duty 3. Probably on the lower end of my overall COD ranking, but a lot of that is simply down to technical issues; this being the first COD for the PS3/360 generation, you can tell the engine wasn't bolted together right yet, so there's a lot of scenery to get stuck on, the AI is incredibly primitive, and - my personal highlight - sometimes a friendly NPC will run out of a broken 2nd-story window and just keep running on air alllll the way down the street to the other house where the squad is gathering. I guess Steve Rogers wasn't the only supersoldier taking the fight to the Nazis. Beyond that it's business as usual; smoke and chaos everywhere, occasional vehicle level, multiple protagonist POVs, ducking behind walls and popping up to ADS dudes doing the same thing fifty yards away. The lack of a sprint button slows the pace a little, and because it's WW2 the guns are balanced more toward extremes. Rifles like the Lee Enfield or M1 Garand offer single-shot kills with either sluggish bolt-action firing or long reloads, while anything full-auto like the MP40 kicks so much you absolutely won't see what you're aiming at (though you can bet you'll miss with every shot). There's not really a single 'just right' weapon you can stick with throughout. Oh, and there are quick-time events. A bunch of them. The little sequence of taps and stick-wiggles needed to plant and prime an explosive charge is quite welcome, actually - it's more involving and realistically pressured than just holding square for a second - but the shoulder-button-pulping close-quarter struggles that happen from time to time are an irritation. Lastly, the storyline's pretty decent. That can be a challenge with WW2 games - they tend to default to throwing you into a string of 'inspired by real events' missions with little connective tissue - but here, the multi-pronged Allied advance is built toward a tangible goal, boxing in the Nazis and forcing them into the town of Chambois, and each different faction involved has a few stand-out characters to distinguish them, like Scots paratrooper Lt. Keith getting increasingly pissed with the French resistance, or the Polish tank crew that are all family, etc. It succeeded in making me give a crap about what was going on. Good for it.

Swapped it out with Bionic Commando, the 2009 reboot/remake. Early impressions betray some rather terrible shooting but a potentially great fun stretchy-arm platforming exercise. We'll see how that works out.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

I currently vacillate between Diablo 3 ROS, Skyrim, State of Decay, and a bit of GTA Online when I'm in the mood for it.

On my PSP (which I can play while commuting) I'm going through Donkey Kong (the NES hack with the cement factory level restored), Rock Band Unplugged, Bass Landing and Elminage Original.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

I just finished Little Battlers eXperience on the 3DS, and now I want to bitch about it, so SPOILERS. This game decided to completely ruin it's story in the final act. Throughout the whole of the game the main villain is a corrupt corporate executive whose greed is driving him to world domination via manipulating an energy crisis, that he himself is creating, to put himself and his stooges in positions of power. The focus of the game is tracking down his potential rivals and alternate energy sources that he has been targeting and eliminating one by one in order to thwart his plan. There was even some character depth with his friends and family reacting to his sudden change for the worse. So far so good, this is a fun villain.

Then M. Night Shyamalan pops out yelling "What a Twist!"

Turns out he wasn't the real villain at all, you have a traitor in your party that's behind it all, and this guy has the most anime villain motive possible. He has to murder the world in order to save the world, because the world is so corrupt that it can't be saved. But he's still a really nice guy and you have to save him from himself, instantly forgiving him for all the murders, by showing him the strength of your friendship. He even has a dead little sister. Son of a bitch.

I was having fun up to this point, but now I don't even want to play the postgame.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I have decided that the Battle Tree in Sun & Moon is rigged! Seriously no matter what team I have I can never get past the third battle!

Also still playing Dragon Ball Fusions & Super Mario Maker for 3DS off & on. Fun stuff , but still sad the 3DS port doesn't have the mystery mushroom costumes. :{
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    I have decided that the Battle Tree in Sun & Moon is rigged! Seriously no matter what team I have I can never get past the third battle!

Also still playing Dragon Ball Fusions & Super Mario Maker for 3DS off & on. Fun stuff , but still sad the 3DS port doesn't have the mystery mushroom costumes. :{
    Sun is fantastic!

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post

I wish DB Fusions was on consoles, it sounds so cool to fuse characters like Frezia and Ginyu or Vegeta and Trunks up like I have wanted to see for years.

I'm playing Skyrim on my lowend laptop.

Spider-Man (Gameboy Color)
    That is officially one of the worst games anyone can play on this system.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Is was about to post here and it looks like this thread is strictly about video games rather than games in general.

Main:
    The Secret World.

Time killers (cycling through, depending on what I feel like playing):
    Cardinal Quest 2
    Don't Starve
    Dungeon of the Endless
    FTL: Faster than Light
    Invisible, Inc.
    A Matter of Murder
    Out There: Omega Edition
    Renowned Explorers: International Society
    Shattered Planet
    Spelunky
    Sunless Sea
    Tales of Maj'Eyal
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Spider-Man 2 (PS2)
    Movie missions around the power generator Ock built are annoying, same goes for pointless time limit, informers, and lack of ability to swim.
    I have other nitpicks about it, that doesn't make it any less than my second favorite Spider-Man game (so far).
    Shocker boss fights are amazing, Mysterio missions are cool, this is my favorite Black Cat in video games, wall bounce is smoother than I remember.
    It's a shame we didn't get this for PC, and the lack of New Game+.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatut Zeraze View Post
    Is was about to post here and it looks like this thread is strictly about video games rather than games in general.
    This section's description
    RPG, PC, console, handheld, card, board, or miniature games... whatever you like to play, this is the place to discuss it.
    You can say what you played last.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Finished Serious Sam: Next Encounter on PS2. Was very leery approaching this one: I've got a lot of old Sam fondness in my brain, jaundicing my opinion, and Next Encounter isn't even made by Croteam, giving it a very second-string aura. Even so, it's pretty good! Visually, a bunch of corners were cut to get Serious Engine 2 running smoothly on consoles, so there's iffy textures, lots of sharp edges, and not much in the way of the impressive particle effects Croteam love to show off with. The cutbacks do at least keep everything running smoothly even when the enemy spam gets to proper crazy levels - I don't recall a single instance of the framerate stuttering. Gameplay-wise it's business as usual for the series, taking the locked-door-find-key mechanics of original recipe Doom and stretching it out across a sequence of massive courtyards featuring escalating waves of varied, nutty monsters waiting to be shot. No aim-down-sights, no regenerating health, no sprint button and no hugging cover. Just you, your guns, and very fast, very clever movement to stay one step ahead of the other side. Next Encounter adds a few new wrinkles, like a fresh bunch of area-specific enemies, one all-new gun (the Sirian Beam Gun, replacing the unloved laser), and alternate ammo types for various weapons, like homing bullets in the minigun or liquid nitrogen in the flamethrower and so on. There's nothing wrong with the additions, though for all the difference they make, new developers Global Star Software might as well have left them out. Oh, one other complaint - secrets. I don't think there's enough secret areas and tricks in the levels, and the ones I found were sort of unremarkable (while the first two Sams had some memorably bonkers ones). Even so, it's a solid, fast-paced, challenging little number if you like your shooters old-school.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I wish DB Fusions was on consoles, it sounds so cool to fuse characters like Frezia and Ginyu or Vegeta and Trunks up like I have wanted to see for years.
    That sounds like a good way to get a Fusion with severe psychological trauma from having very detailed memories of murdering millions/billions/trillions of people, and nailing his own mom.

As for what I'm playing, I have spent a good chunk of last week watching videos analyzing what Mighty No. 9 did wrong in terms of gameplay, general design, and overall management, so I decided to finally bite the bullet and spend a little money on the Kickstarted Mega Man sequel that everyone was so hyped about... Shovel Knight. Which is awesome.

Since I last posted in this thread, I finished both campaigns in Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker. Even got two different neutral endings in the original campaign.

I also finished up the DLC stuff in Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice.

And I started and completed the main campaign in Final Fantasy XV. I've been kind of active on the gaming scene.