Page 147 of 357 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 5350

I'm really interested in how BP and Shuri will deal with their enemies following the newest episode.

Has everyone seen the episodes? Do I still need spoiler tags?
    The J-man

Does anyone object to Tues. 8AM being the starting point to not having to use spoiler tags for the episode that aired the Sunday before?

Obviously no spoilers if you get scripts early for upcoming episodes. Unless it is a officially released preview.

Or is another time preferred?
    Last edited by Cville; 10-09-2018 at 03:54 PM.

why not just start a new thread for BP's Quest with WARNING: SPOILERS in the heading? is that not allowed?

I'm going to tune into the episode today since my son and I haven't gotten the chance to check it out. I'll give my feedback then.

But I can say I like what's been done. You want to make the villains seem credible without chumping the hero for a faux struggle.

As for spoilers I'm fine with Tuesdays, typically my son and I will be watching it every Sunday anyways

Mighty Member

Mr. Jack, or can we call you Red?, can you say if Zanda is going to show up?
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Does anyone object to Tues. 8AM being the starting point to not having to use spoiler tags for the episode that aired the Sunday before?

Obviously no spoilers if you get scripts early for upcoming episodes. Unless it is a officially released preview.

Or is another time preferred?

That sounds good to me. Gives peopel the next day to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by redjack
    why not just start a new thread for BP's Quest with WARNING: SPOILERS in the heading? is that not allowed?
    We could, but... BP threads that aren't this thread tend to take a negative turn quick for many reasons. Kinda why we all hide in here lol.

If you start it though, considering you wrote the show, it might end up better.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Mr. Jack, or can we call you Red?, can you say if Zanda is going to show up?
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-s...omic-con-panel

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    We are talking about random goons here. Not the big bads. As I alluded to, I think most god writers give the heroes an arduous journey or undertaking to complete. Blind Wedjat and my previous observations were more about cannon fodder minions or goons, redshirts etc.

Kingpin is basically superhuman. Peter certainly has a hard time with several super villains but not against average people with firearms.

Most villains especially new ones are incredibly hard for heroes to deal with. I don't really agree with your premiss that heroes have it easy or villains don't win (in comics). I think villains more often than not get the better of the hero or win the first encounter, sure they ultimately lose but thats just the nature of superhero stories. However, I do think super villains are often shown less respect in subsequent appearances. They are either stepping stones to prop up the next villain or writers just have them get owned for a cool heroic scene. Marvel not really aging the characters is probably a contributing factor too.
    I think villains get the better of the heroes often enough in their VERY first encounter... but afterwards it's usually downhill from there. Bane "broke" the Bat first time they fought... he's basically riding the coat tails of that victory ever since because frankly he hasn't been able to do it ever since. Same is true to a lesser degree with Doomsday. He "killed" Superman in their first fight... and has never really beaten Superman since (though a few of the earlier fights were difficult).

Guys like Doom and Thanos are the exception to the rules because they tend to sprinkle a few high profile victiories consistantly rather than just at the first few appearances. And that's whats needed... consistancy. A good first impression is vitally important, but doesn't net you anything if that's all you can really say about them two or five or even ten years later. They need to KEEP winning, otherwise it just comes off as a fluke.

Every major franchise should have a villain who everyone in the room goes "holy $hit" when they want into the room, like Doom or Thanos do (and I'll put Magneto in that category too when he's actually a bad guy). But in order to do that, you need to be able to flat out beat heroes regularly. Most villains can't say that. Tetu and Zenzi beat T'CHalla round one, and lost subsequent rounds. We'll see how they fair in the future encounters. Again, the pessemistic side in me belives it's all downhill from here. But we'll see.

Dear Redjack,

Is there a love scene involving Zanda or naw?

When does Armless Tiger Man show up?

Does Black Swan kill any more Wakandan children?

Who is the third Dora from the left because she is cute just saying...
    Get Hectic!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    It would probably be over in the TV/Movie side of things. And, to be honest, it wouldn't stop people from commenting the same either way in here.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Honestly, we should do this over in the TV/films sub forum. That will bring in some other posters, but as others have already stated we pretty much consolidate anything BP related in this thread for one reason or another.

I will make a thread later this week (maybe tomorrow if work is cancelled and I survive Hurricane Mathew), but if someone else wants to do it feel free. We still that village.

The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Dear Redjack,

Is there a love scene involving Zanda or naw?
    What kind of show do you think i'm running?

When does Armless Tiger Man show up?
    Never while I'm driving.

Does Black Swan kill any more Wakandan children?
    No Wakandan children will be killed on my watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Honestly, we should do this over in the TV/films sub forum. That will bring in some other posters, but as others have already stated we pretty much consolidate anything BP related in this thread for one reason or another.

I will make a thread later this week (maybe tomorrow if work is cancelled and I survive Hurricane Mathew), but if someone else wants to do it feel free. We still that village.

1) Be safe.

2) If we move the discussion to the new thread, I will not opine on ANY work, good or bad, done by Coogler, Coates,Hudlin, McDuffie, Liss, McGregor, Priest or any other writer who has had control of any version of the panther with the exception of Stan and/or Jack. The opinion I will express there is massive gratitude for them creating T'Challa in the first place. Beyond that, nada. I'm not falling into any BS flame wars or false battles between me and whoever someone's favorite or most hated writer is. That stuff bores me more than i can say.

3) That said I will answer any and all questions that aren't blocked by my Marvel NDA. Which, it turns out, is m ore flexible than [I] thought.[

Fair?

1 thread to rule them all. No side threads.

Anyway as far as character I think this is the closest I've ever seen Tchalla act like his comics self. When he told Captain America to "remove his hand" after cap tried to hold him back I got more excited than any moment Tchalla has had in cartoons or the movie. This Tchalla is the type of Tchalla that would back hand Tony Stark, the type that doesn't follow bad orders and is his own man, who puts wakanda first. So I applaud that! All I need to see now is him be a master planner and be ahead of the game. Comics wakanda doesn't let spies exist, ask the skrulls. This cartoon is awesome work clearly born of love for BOTH Tchalla and wakanda. Shuri is how she should have been in the movie. Just waiting to see her kick a little more butt.

1) Be safe.

2) If we move the discussion to the new thread, I will not opine on ANY work, good or bad, done by Coogler, Coates,Hudlin, McDuffie, Liss, McGregor, Priest or any other writer who has had control of any version of the panther with the exception of Stan and/or Jack. The opinion I will express there is massive gratitude for them creating T'Challa in the first place. Beyond that, nada. I'm not falling into any BS flame wars or false battles between me and whoever someone's favorite or most hated writer is. That stuff bores me more than i can say.

3) That said I will answer any and all questions that aren't blocked by my Marvel NDA. Which, it turns out, is m ore flexible than [I] thought.[

Fair?

Mighty Member

Sweet. She's my dark horse favorite BP villian.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.