Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

It's here, CPU's first event! And we have Seven Days to say goodbye to our loved ones, or for the heroes to save the day!

page-13.jpg

https://deadline.com/2019/03/seven-d...mpression=true

Great interview! Can't wait to hear and see more! Interested in what series are taking a break and which new ones are coming. Gail's series for sure is coming, I'm betting Incidentals, and Astonisher, maybe Kino? Exciting stuff!

Also, this week's issue of Summit, Kino and Quincredible were fan freaking tastic! Guest stars all over!
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 03-01-2019 at 06:29 PM.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Now this is exciting! I’m in.

More info! Sounds amazing!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...nt-seven-days/

And a new image:
    Pulls:

Before reading these boards I was not familiar with Lion Forge. After doing a little research I've decided I'll take the plunge into this new comic universe. Looking forward to reading a few of the titles soon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
    Before reading these boards I was not familiar with Lion Forge. After doing a little research I've decided I'll take the plunge into this new comic universe. Looking forward to reading a few of the titles soon.
    Awesome! You'll love it here!

Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
    Awesome! Glad to hear it! Once you check them out feel free to let us know what you think!
    Pulls:

Here it is! Seven Days issue #1!!!! Can't wait! They got Sejic to do covers!!!!

2nioggm.jpg
    CATALYST PRIME SEVEN DAYS #1 (OF 7)
    (W) Gail Simone (A) Jos Luis, Jonas Trindade, Michelle Madsen (CA) Stjepan Sejic
    DAY ONE: Lorena Payan was the first to realize a meteor was hurtling towards Earth two years ago. Now, she's the first to realize the Earth is in danger once more from something equally cosmic but far more sinister. As a mystery figure dubbed, the Obsidian Men, begin appearing silently all over the globe our heroes Noble, Summit, and Accell join together to investigate.
    In Shops: Jul 03, 2019
    SRP: $3.99
    Pulls:

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclus...seven-days?amp

Here is an awesome interview with Gail about Seven Days. It also gives us an amazing preview. Love the art and the logo! I can't wait!

Lion Forge has informed me, it has been pushed till August, to add extra content. First week in August, so not much of a wait!
    Pulls:

Seven Days sounds cool and I look forward to reading it. It would be cool if they do an event like this every few years- just as a way to keep the universe fresh.

Astonishing Member

Nice to finally some lettered previews, and the covers! Looking forward to this book even more. Though I wonder what Cosmosis, Amina, and Quincredible roles are? We haven't really seen them. Really, this is the first time we've seen Astonisher on something, no? It's just been Noble, Astrid, Summit, and Accell (and of course Lorena Payan).

And I wonder which books aren't coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Seven Days sounds cool and I look forward to reading it. It would be cool if they do an event like this every few years- just as a way to keep the universe fresh.
    Agreed! I would like to see an event every two years or so! Add new blood and mix in new characters.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Nice to finally some lettered previews, and the covers! Looking forward to this book even more. Though I wonder what Cosmosis, Amina, and Quincredible roles are? We haven't really seen them. Really, this is the first time we've seen Astonisher on something, no? It's just been Noble, Astrid, Summit, and Accell (and of course Lorena Payan).

And I wonder which books aren't coming back?
    I think they will be doing something cool for sure. Gail seems to love them a lot too. Gail has said all the characters will have roles to play. Which is so exciting!

With Astonisher, are you talking about the cover? If so, that's Kino in his new, and amazing, costume. If not, then we did see Astonisher in Noble, if you're talking about character interaction.

I have my guesses on what won't be coming back, for now. My guesses are;
    Astonisher, Superb (maybe, but I hope not, maybe put them into a new team book), and, unfortunately, Incidentals (which is a favorite of mine).
    I just can't see them canceling any of these;
    Summit (which, thanks to some inside chatting, I know is going to keep going, and with something new and awesome), Noble, Accell, Kino, and Quincredible...maybe Kino? But I could be way off, these are just guesses.

I know we are getting one new title, so one has to go at least, but I'm not sure what else is getting replaced.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 05-05-2019 at 08:17 PM.
    Pulls:

Astonishing Member

Ah, didn't recognize KINO.

Hope it isn't Superb, honestly, as that's my teen-hero book of choice, and I'd miss the Incidentals, too, what with it being the only straightforward team book of the bunch (though Superb has elements of a team book as well). Another point against Superb ending is that is kind of fills a niche no other book fills. Not consistently as one of its main premises at least.

Noble, Accell, and Summit, being designated as the Catalyst Prime's heroic Power Trio are likely here to stay. Quincredible is too new compared to anything else, so I think that book is safe. KINO's new status quo seems like something they'd want to continue exploring. That would leave Astonisher and the Incidentals, though.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 05-06-2019 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Ah, didn't recognize KINO.

Hope it isn't Superb, honestly, as that's my teen-hero book of choice, and I'd miss the Incidentals, too, what with it being the only straightforward team book of the bunch (though Superb has elements of a team book as well). Another point against Superb ending is that is kind of fills a niche no other book fills. Not consistently as one of its main premises at least.

Noble, Accell, and Summit, being designated as the Catalyst Prime's heroic Power Trio are likely here to stay. Quincredible is too new compared to anything else, so I think that book is safe. KINO's new status quo seems like something they'd want to continue exploring. That would leave Astonisher and the Incidentals, though.
    I would guess that Astonisher would be the first to go, that book has had a hard time landing on its feet. Priest is leaving the title, and I feel like it could be time to have the title take a break. Maybe use him in something else....I kinda have a theory that he may end up a bad guy.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...-forge-comics/

Also looks like the CEO of Lion Forge is branching out and will do animated projects based on Lion Forge comics, as well as some new stuff. I would love to see CPAnimated world! Next, Action Figures....Hopefully (wishful thinking lol).
    Pulls:

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm not really an event person and tend to avoid them but I am really looking forward to this one so Lion Forge must be doing something right.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    I would guess that Astonisher would be the first to go, that book has had a hard time landing on its feet. Priest is leaving the title, and I feel like it could be time to have the title take a break. Maybe use him in something else....I kinda have a theory that he may end up a bad guy.
    Astonisher has been the one Catalyst Prime book that I haven't been able to really get into so if it did go I wouldn't be particularly bothered by it. I'd be far more bothered if Superb was the one axed since that one is my favorite. And I also have the same theory as you about how Astonisher will end up.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch;4342855[URL="https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05/06/david-steward-ii-polarity-animation-studio-develop-lion-forge-comics/"
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05/06/david-steward-ii-polarity-animation-studio-develop-lion-forge-comics/[/URL]

Also looks like the CEO of Lion Forge is branching out and will do animated projects based on Lion Forge comics, as well as some new stuff. I would love to see CPAnimated world! Next, Action Figures....Hopefully (wishful thinking lol).
    That sounds great. I'd love to see the CP Universe animated and I'd really like some Action Figures as well.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Good interview with Gail about Seven Days and after. Seven Days has now also been pushed to October 2nd, 2019. I have reached out to Lion Forge and have been told it was for internal reasons, that they can't comment on. With the merger happening, I'm not surprised, really. I was also told that the issues that are remaining will be shuffled around a bit, I'm guessing to fill up space between now and October, so I will keep you posted on what changes happen. I've been told to look for news in the coming months. Still excited for Seven Days, and I'm sure it will be worth the wait!

https://www.previewsworld.com/Articl...With-Seven-Day

Also here is an interview with Lion Forge about the merger. As a CPU fan it's great to here that Gail is still there and not many staff changes are happening. However, I'm still saddened for those who lost their jobs and I plan on supporting them too.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/lion-f...mpression=true
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 05-10-2019 at 08:21 PM.
    Pulls: