Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Yeah, I guess it’s just protocol. I wish Bunn had written substantially worse content so then I could be more cool with his ideas being constantly ignored.
    I would at least wanted to know his plans with Magneto.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Yeah, I guess it’s just protocol. I wish Bunn had written substantially worse content so then I could be more cool with his ideas being constantly ignored.
    Same for me. I have given my thoughts numerous times. So I won't rehash. But it is sad Bunn gets so little respect in the X-Office, and now he got the boot.

MAYBE Hickman will address some of his ideas. I am told he's good at doing thorough research. But I won't hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I have no interest in that series, but what has Rosenberg actually done that is misusing Elixir?

If Elixir can destroy inverted morality, mutant parasites, Mothervine, and the Terrigen M-PoX, it seems pretty weird that his powers stop at not being able to kill a man-made vaccine.

Extraordinary Member

If Elixir can destroy inverted morality, mutant parasites, Mothervine, and the Terrigen M-PoX, it seems pretty weird that his powers stop at not being able to kill a man-made vaccine.
    Well, after reading the Wiki with the powers as understood due to Bunn's run, I don't know why Elixir doesn't just walk into ONE, kill everyone, kill the cure, and kill all infectious diseases. Why would Rosenberg ignore such great storytelling potential?

Well, after reading the Wiki with the powers as understood due to Bunn's run, I don't know why Elixir doesn't just walk into ONE, kill everyone, kill the cure, and kill all infectious diseases. Why would Rosenberg ignore such great storytelling potential?
    Rosenberg doesn't do homework, and anything Bunn writes is ignored by following writers & the X-Office.

Bunn had Psylocke fix Mystique's brain and cured some of her madness & psycho behavior. But that doesn't seem to have stuck. Unless Hickman is gonna bring it back.

Or he could write a better story that utilizes Elixir better idk just throwing possibilities out there

Extraordinary Member

Or he could write a better story that utilizes Elixir better idk just throwing possibilities out there
    Bunn left Elixir in a place that basically made this whole story impossible to begin with, so I guess the only thing to do would have just 'forgotten' Elixir. I already said my piece about absurd increases in power levels, so the only thing I might add is maybe there is still something left up Rosenberg's sleeve with regards to Elixir, he did just bring him in and not much has happened since.

BANNED

Elixir is a problematic character who should have stayed dead honestly.

Further, I don't think Mystique is crazy in Rosenberg's story so I don't see how he would have ignored Bunn's development. If anything she was annoyed at fighting "Betsy" who lobotomized her.

Bunn's Elixir buffs were meant for Bunn's Elixir plans which we won't see but were still set up because of X-Office brilliance.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post

Further, I don't think Mystique is crazy in Rosenberg's story so I don't see how he would have ignored Bunn's development. If anything she was annoyed at fighting "Betsy" who lobotomized her.
    Elixir is a bit of Deux ex machina

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Same for me. I have given my thoughts numerous times. So I won't rehash. But it is sad Bunn gets so little respect in the X-Office, and now he got the boot.

MAYBE Hickman will address some of his ideas. I am told he's good at doing thorough research. But I won't hold my breath.
    I hope they give him a Wave 1 book to do stuff without huge editorial mandates. But also I want frrrrrrresh talent on the relaunch books. idk hopefully someone picks his stuff up

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    I would at least wanted to know his plans with Magneto.
    I imagine his Brotherhood would have been X-Force but they would go after loose ends like Someday Corporation or recruiting mutants to Asteroid M.

Bunn left Elixir in a place that basically made this whole story impossible to begin with, so I guess the only thing to do would have just 'forgotten' Elixir. I already said my piece about absurd increases in power levels, so the only thing I might add is maybe there is still something left up Rosenberg's sleeve with regards to Elixir, he did just bring him in and not much has happened since.
    Bunn gave him limits that still could’ve had him involved in the story. He could’ve been a last resort, he could’ve been hidden in Tibet taking care of the Sleepers, he could just have an aversion to using his balance powers etc etc.

if hicklord ignores briar i guess i'll just die
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I hope they give him a Wave 1 book to do stuff without huge editorial mandates. But also I want frrrrrrresh talent on the relaunch books. idk hopefully someone picks his stuff up
    I think Bunn is out. It was twitter or tumblr when he made note that he was gonna be off the books for a while. Unless it's Hickman, anything he did will probably be ignored.

I wouldn't mind fresh talent either. I have yet to be impressed with most of the current talent, outside of Brisson.

*sigh* I loved this run so much. I think I'll be revisiting. Thanks for posting.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post

Mystique being a nutjob was immediately brought back for X-Men Black and Weapon X and out of those Rosenberg probably only read the Black issue.
    "Cable was right!"