Page 649 of 750 FirstFirst ... 149549599639645646647648649650651652653659699749 ... LastLast
Results 9,721 to 9,735 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, as I was reading the run I was starting to think to myself "the Daughters of Liberty and the Carters seem to be driving the plot more than Captain America is."

I haven't read the Coates run on BP at all, but I'd rather not see a repeat of that with T'Challa and even worse characterization of the titular character.
    If you ever read Coates' BP, you will find the same story beats you see in his Captain America.

Just no rape camps and Steve don't have a Goon Slam Garry. Oh yeah, no Changemire. Well, Peggy kinda acts like Changemire.

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Has anyone watched Raised by Wolves? What you all think about Abubakar Salim as a recast? I'm not much of a pop culture guy so I am not aware of anything other than his imdb info.
    Haven't watched it but i looked up the actor. Not bad.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Haven't watched it but i looked up the actor. Not bad.
    He has a calm demeanor and presence, a good voice, and I think the physique. I am hoping he runs like he does because hes supposed to be an android, because that would be right out. I'm also enjoying the show as a whole quite a bit.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

BANNED

What ever became of the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Coats from the start said he didn't care for Black Panther.
    To be fair Priest did say that as well.

Yet who put aside that and did the job he was suppose to do?

That is what professionalism is.

Coates turned this book into something that panders to UNFANS. Sadly for NEW fans they don't see it because this is the first Black Panther title that they have read. Some fear to come here because they see how hard we are on Coates.

To be honest a lOT of us are tired of the pandering to black male stereotypes to make folks feel good.

We did not hear a PEEP about rape camps until this run. With the claim Panther did not know. I find it HARD to believe that with Shuri, Vibraxas and Doras running around. Even if THEY handled it themselves-Panther would know.

Also with Wakanda having a school OPEN to everybody (as we saw in Ms Marvel)-a rape camp would not last long especially if an outsider joined in. Because eventually a non Wakanda girl would be taken.
    I've been reading since the second volume of Coates run, I didn't hear anyone about these camps but that is pretty awful.

I've enjoyed most of the series but I csn admit Tchalla hasn't been absent for a large amount of it.

Im not sure what you are referring to regarding black male stereotypes, could you elaborate on that?

I think there was a lot of pressure eon both Marvel and whichever writer they went with. This is the most mainstream BP has ever been, after his MCU Coates basically had to welcome brsnd new readers of the character, harken back to the lore already there, modernize it all and make it all palatable. I'm willing to cut him a measure of slack for that, and I do like some of the clarification regarding the origin stories he has done, but its a shame he failed at other aspects of the character wjo often feels like he's a supporting role in his own book.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Probably the worst BP run ever.

....Tchalla is a rabid misogynist

..Tchalla supports rape camps allowing them to flourish under his watch
    I know Coates's run has problems, to say the least, but these two aren't any of them. T'Challa is not portrayed as a misogynist nor does he support the rape camps. In fact, he was unaware of them until they were brought to his attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    What ever became of the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda?
    Still waiting on Coates' final issues to wrap things up.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I know Coates's run has problems, to say the least, but these two aren't any of them. T'Challa is not portrayed as a misogynist nor does he support the rape camps. In fact, he was unaware of them until they were brought to his attention.
    You're missing the point of the post. Look at the context behind the "no one man" bull crap and regarding the rape camps, the fact that T'Challa didn't know about it emphasises that he either knew about it and did nothing or that he's that crap of a protector and leader he was overwhelmingly oblivious to the mess that was going on right under his nose. Either scenario is a false depiction of who the character is and a deliberate act to assassinate T'Challa's character and overall being. There's no middle ground here, just 2 extremes of defecating on one of the most important characters in all of fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Has anyone watched Raised by Wolves? What you all think about Abubakar Salim as a recast? I'm not much of a pop culture guy so I am not aware of anything other than his imdb info.
    Wouldn’t be my 1st choice but he probably could pull it off..

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    You're missing the point of the post. Look at the context behind the "no one man" bull crap and regarding the rape camps, the fact that T'Challa didn't know about it emphasises that he either knew about it and did nothing or that he's that crap of a protector and leader he was overwhelmingly oblivious to the mess that was going on right under his nose. Either scenario is a false depiction of who the character is and a deliberate act to assassinate T'Challa's character and overall being. There's no middle ground here, just 2 extremes of defecating on one of the most important characters in all of fiction.
    Can’t be better said
    Last edited by 4sake Baned; 11-27-2020 at 11:32 AM.

BANNED

Coates BP run does it actually end in February? Or is it Monthly?

Because I was under the impression that issues 23,24 and 25 were all going to be released collectively together in February.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

It's that T'Challa didn't know about it, because T'Challa doesn't really want to be king, and T'Challa wants to be a scientist instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How could a man like tchalla (and ALL of his servants, friends, military ect) possibly be unaware of something like that happening inside his kingdom? Of all the unbelievable things, creatures, and events that happen inside Marvel that's at the top of the list for me
    Last edited by Ekie; 11-27-2020 at 12:24 PM.

Pretty much this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mah_Boons View Post
    Coates BP run does it actually end in February? Or is it Monthly?

Because I was under the impression that issues 23,24 and 25 were all going to be released collectively together in February.
    It starts in February and ends at issue #25.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    It starts in February and ends at issue #25.
    Yes that part I know. I’m asking is it monthly. Because I did not see Issues 24 and 25 mentioned in February.