Page 38 of 107 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

People are always holding their swords backwards on TV now, resulting in the editor going berserk with cuts to cover up how hopelessly inadequate that would be in a fight.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Just finished the episode and I thought it was alright, though I feel like it was padding a bit.

Really there just isn't much going on here and what is feels like it's setup for another show. Ahsoka's refusal to train the kid and looking for Thrawn feels very much like it's Filoni trying to get that Rebels spinoff to happen. And really this season feels a little too much like Rebels in the worst ways. Basically with the bad guy essentially pissing about where I assume Gideon will be back at the very end to justify him being in the show (also that the bad guys are almost painfully one dimensional). Din's mission is pretty much the same as well with it just being replaced by the kid needing to decide for himself which is pretty much what happened here. So we've gone nowhere but finally saw a live-action Ahsoka.
    Speaking of which, I think Rosario Dawson's Ahsoka is fine. Never been much a fan of Ahsoka but the material works. That all being said it's a waste of your Michael Biehn. I guess he just wanted to be in Star Wars because this is just a forgettable role. This really is going to be one of those roles that people forget an actor did. Not many lines, he doesn't have a lot to do, he really could've easily been a droid is what I'm getting at. Just some faceless goon who the mando can kill without us even caring..., but you got Michael Biehn who has little if anything to work with.

Aside from learning the kid's name not really much happened here. I'm sure Ahsoka fans will be pleased but this is just another mediocre episode to me. It might run better in a rewatch when the whole season is released but this episode is pretty much passable. C+
    Who is Michael Biehn and why are you so hang up about his role? Is he someone special?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Who is Michael Biehn and why are you so hang up about his role? Is he someone special?
    Michael Biehn was in 3 iconic movies in standout roles:

The original Terminator -Kyle Reese
    Aliens -Cpl Hicks
    Tombstone - Ringo

He also appeared in numerous TV shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

Aliens -Cpl Hicks
    Tombstone - Ringo

Slightly less memorable but he was also the bad guy in Abyss iirc

Thought this episode was good, while i'm glad they have largely avoided lightsabers up to this point felt like a nice change of pace for the series. I liked how mando managed to hold his own against Ahsoka during their brief battle. I'm not sure how i feel about the name Grogu though.

Y'know, in light of Grogu force-choking Cara for perceiving her to be hurting his "father," Ahsoka might have had a point about him turning out to be another Anakin if they didn't handle things with care.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

Aliens -Cpl Hicks
    Tombstone - Ringo

There were also talks for Biehn to be in ALIEN 3 if Sigourney didn't want to return ( And at least one screenplay-which Dark Horse did as a comic recently-was done with that in mind). There were also plans for an extended opening to T2 with Reese going into the time machine along with the "good" Terminator (We *kind of* got this with Genesys but without Biehn) although Biehn/Reese appears in a dream sequence in the extended version. He also was almost the Avatar villain too.

I think this pretty much confirms most of the guest star cast we heard about, with one exception: Jaimee Lee Curtis, who was rumored around March. Still a few episodes to go though.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-28-2020 at 11:53 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    There were also plans for an extended opening to T2 with Reese going into the time machine along with the "good" Terminator (We *kind of* got this with Genesys but without Biehn) although Biehn/Reese appears in a dream sequence in the extended version. He also was almost the Avatar villain too.
    More than that, in the earliest conceptualization of T2 Biehn was intended to play the T-1000, reversing the roles from the original film. I have no idea if that idea survived into the scripting stage though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Y'know, in light of Grogu force-choking Cara for perceiving her to be hurting his "father," Ahsoka might have had a point about him turning out to be another Anakin if they didn't handle things with care.
    I am hoping that Mando raises him to be a mandalorian

This show keeps getting better and is officially my favorite thing in Star Wars.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    But how would he wear the helmet?

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post

This show keeps getting better and is officially my favorite thing in Star Wars.
    At this rate, Grogu will just be equivalent to a two-yr old by the time Mando dies of old age...

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    At this rate, Grogu will just be equivalent to a two-yr old by the time Mando dies of old age...
    If the Yoda species lives to 900, he's already older than that. He is not a baby. He's even already gone through some Jedi training.

TBH though, I don't like the idea of races developing with respect to human lifespans.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Ahsoka can use the Force, so why didn't she just pick up the magistrate and fling her against a wall and knock her out? Or just pull the beskar staff out of her hands?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Ahsoka can use the Force, so why didn't she just pick up the magistrate and fling her against a wall and knock her out? Or just pull the beskar staff out of her hands?
    She wouldn't be able to tell Ahsoka where Thrawn is if she was unconscious.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    She wouldn't be able to tell Ahsoka where Thrawn is if she was unconscious.
    She just waits for her to wake up. It's not as if she is going to be knocked out for more than a hour but if that makes you squeamish she could just use the force to pull the staff out of her hands, that would be child's play for Ahsoka. It was a one on one fight so she was free to focus on just one person holding a staff as opposed to splitting her focus among multiple people and droids shooting at her or one highly trained Mandalorian from a people who rivaled yours.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    She just waits for her to wake up. It's not as if she is going to be knocked out for more than a hour but if that makes you squeamish she could just use the force to pull the staff out of her hands, that would be child's play for Ahsoka. It was a one on one fight so she was free to focus on just one person holding a staff as opposed to splitting her focus among multiple people and droids shooting at her or one highly trained Mandalorian from a people who rivaled yours.
    The answer seems pretty obvious...it was a cool duel, why end it early? Star Wars has always been about stuff happening because it looks cool over things that are more expedient so it's nothing new, and it goes beyond Star Wars to pretty much all genre fiction. It's like wondering why Frodo, Sam and Gandalf didn't ride Eagles to Mt. Doom; if you're really getting hung up on that kind of thing you're just being needlessly pedantic.