Page 288 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 188238278284285286287288289290291292298338388788 ... LastLast
Results 4,306 to 4,320 of 15079
    Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Hypothetically speaking....

If Coogler gives us a a raw "T'Challa Panther" fight scene. Would that satiate the fanbase? I'm thinking what if there's a flashback to a fight with Namor. Maybe Okoye is telling it and then during the blip is when Namor plots his move to take over Wakanda.

*maybe Nakia dies/seriously injured during the battle explaining her absence from Endgame*

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yet he never actually accomplished anything and he was on terminator mode, clint should of never been able to put him in a headlock given what we saw T'Challa do to Bucky both in and out of WS mode, and we saw what happened to non powered humans that went against Bucky in was mode. So clint should not of been able to even put T'Challa in a lock even of we did t see if, even if he immediately broke out he should ot of been able to pull it off at all. Normal humans are immensely outclassed. Sure he did better than the other Black heros in comparison but he didn't actually accomplished anything what so ever in the fight
    He dominated his fights and was always on Bucky's heels. That's not nothin'. You forget that the movie was Cap's movie?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Hypothetically speaking....

If Coogler gives us a a raw "T'Challa Panther" fight scene. Would that satiate the fanbase? I'm thinking what if there's a flashback to a fight with Namor. Maybe Okoye is telling it and then during the blip is when Namor plots his move to take over Wakanda.

*maybe Nakia dies/seriously injured during the battle explaining her absence from Endgame*
    Namor, aka Aquaman but a jerk for no reason

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Well, given how we treat the environment he's got plenty of reason to be angry. Just that he's also a douche on a personal level

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    He dominated his fights and was always on Bucky's heels. That's not nothin'. You forget that the movie was Cap's movie?
    Yeah because Bucky spent 2/3 of their fights trying to escape not fight. He only dominated the rooftop fight because Bucky was more concerned with escaping than fighting. Second fight the same thing besides for Bucky deciding to escape instead of pressing his advantage when he had T'Challa on the ground and in the end he still ghosted T'Challa. Airport battle Bucky was dominating him until he stopped to try and reason with T'Challa.

Astonishing Member

I feel like the ultimate T’Challa battle (both in and outside the comics) would come from someone who lets T’Challa’s martial arts abilities shine while in the suit. That is his most important trait outside his strategic mind, he is a top tier martial artist and can outfight all but a handful of warriors. To me Namor is the kind of character T’Challa would shine against through prep and manipulation, not fighting out the gate. And if he did fight Namor upfront it’d be more a “who can punch hardest” thing with his kinetic powers than actual skill, which is what I want to see.

Killmonger and M’Baku would’ve been the perfect options but that final fight in the Great Mound was trash and while I liked the M’Baku/1st Killmonger fights, they were with a depowered T’Challa. Maybe in the sequel they could’ve made Tetu a badass martial artist who uses a vibranium-enhanced wooden staff, with his magic being more based around physical enhancement and summoning than plant manipulation. Or maybe have Death Tiger pop up as a White Gorilla Cult assassin. Or Achebe/Baron Macabre use their demonic powers to summon up past Black Panthers for T’Challa to fight. I have a feeling Disney was gonna really up the fight choreography for the sequel to WS levels but who knows what happens with someone else likely to take the habit.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Yeah because Bucky spent 2/3 of their fights trying to escape not fight. He only dominated the rooftop fight because Bucky was more concerned with escaping than fighting. Second fight the same thing besides for Bucky deciding to escape instead of pressing his advantage when he had T'Challa on the ground and in the end he still ghosted T'Challa. Airport battle Bucky was dominating him until he stopped to try and reason with T'Challa.
    You and I clearly watched different movies.

The gunship allowed Bucky to escape the first time. T'Challa whupped Bucky in the second fight, only making one mistake in trying to pin his robot arm and T'Challa peeled back Bucky's metal arm to his horror

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Didn't they explain that Namor is mentally unstable because of the surface environment? I'm sure that's come up before.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    You are miss remebering the first fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOdkIo2Cark

Bucky was screwed until the copter started shooting T'challa. That is when he started taking off, he turned to fight when T'challa first tackled him

Then t'challa chased him down and was about to kill him again until steve tackled him in the tunnel thing

Second fight was a draw but "not pressing his advantage" is a little much considering landed on all fours after getting hit.

And he didn't stop trying int he third fight, they had each other by the throat. Bucky had the advantage (two whollops), grabbed by throat, then the "why did you run" lines, then tchalla overpowers him, gets his licks in, then was about to killl him before being tossed

https://youtu.be/Vwgygi3niVI?t=309
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Man, I'm like the only one alive who thinks the tunnel fight wasn't that bad lol.

The choreography of the fight isn't bad at all. the CGI models let it down, but the choreography was solid (the final engagement when killmonger picks up the spear end, the choreography is dope) The emotion and talking between the two was solid. Getting a glimpse of T'challa battle brain was solid.

My biggest gripe was punching while falling (meh) and then the fact the fight kept getting interrupted by cutting back to the field. The editing sucked. It is better when watching all 3 minutes straight.

But yes, im in the minority there lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    No, I didn't, hence why I am saying I understand when people complain that T'Challa wasn't as "deadly" or showing how good of a fighter he was in his Solo and then turn around and say that he had a better showing in CW, despite him not actually doing nearly as impressive as his Solo. He didn't accomplish anything while in terminator mode in CW but definitely did in his Solo.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Man, I'm like the only one alive who thinks the tunnel fight wasn't that bad lol.

The choreography of the fight isn't bad at all. the CGI models let it down, but the choreography was solid (the final engagement when killmonger picks up the spear end, the choreography is dope) The emotion and talking between the two was solid. Getting a glimpse of T'challa battle brain was solid.

My biggest gripe was punching while falling (meh) and then the fact the fight kept getting interrupted by cutting back to the field. The editing sucked. It is better when watching all 3 minutes straight.

I will acknowledge that in CW T'Challa dominated Bucky. Seriously T'Challa stalked him in his dream's for sure, and their fights T'Challa was clearly whopping his ass, I just don't care for the overall showing in CW for him. After the hype of seeing him show up wore off and the Solo came out his cw showing was lack luster compared to his solo (as it should be) but it just showed a glaring issue that terminator T'Challa is not very effective or efficient.

As for the mine fight. Yeah I agree with you, I liked it overall, I wish it wasn't so dark and that the cgi to start was cleaner but I have little complaints about the fight other than the break up for the big 3rd act battle. Which I would of cared more about if we saw the dogfight from the trailer and less ground fighting.

But that fight was solid when we got to see it

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I think part of the hate comes from the fact its amost exactly like The Phantom Menace ending. 3 fights going, cutting back and forth, etc. That main PM fight was great, but again Phantom Menace vibes kinda irks people.

And yea if people look (or can see because of the darkness) the actual choreography you see Killmonger doing the knife flip and T'Challa perfectly countering every punch. Again best of both worlds have the train vibration destroy parts of the suits. Then take it to the cliff and we see T'Challa kill him there.

Ultimate Member

Tbh, I really didn't need the whole Wakanda battle. T'Challa and his allies vs Killmonger would've been enough

You are miss remebering the first fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOdkIo2Cark

Bucky was screwed until the copter started shooting T'challa. That is when he started taking off, he turned to fight when T'challa first tackled him

Then t'challa chased him down and was about to kill him again until steve tackled him in the tunnel thing

Second fight was a draw but "not pressing his advantage" is a little much considering landed on all fours after getting hit.

And he didn't stop trying int he third fight, they had each other by the throat. Bucky had the advantage (two whollops), grabbed by throat, then the "why did you run" lines, then tchalla overpowers him, gets his licks in, then was about to killl him before being tossed

https://youtu.be/Vwgygi3niVI?t=309
    Miss remembered nothing in regards to their first fight. It's the only one T'Challa "dominates" for several reasons. He's angry and he wants Bucky dead while Bucky just want to get away and not fight and isn't in WS mode. If Bucky didn't care or was in full on WS mode like Cap 2 that fight would have gone differently.

"Pressing his advantage" isn't much because it happens again at the airport and it didn't go well for T'Challa.

That kick was basically the only hit T'Challa got in during that whole fight. Before that Bucky dominated their fight and if he wanted to he could've put effort into the arm and choked T'Challa like he's done to Steve and everyone else before. The entire airport fight didn't do T'Challa any favors.