Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Right!!
    And Magik is another Xman who has shown little to no interest in any of the sexes
    What about Bishop? Was his fake flirtation with Sage his first romantic "will they or won't they"
    Pre death Magik has showed several times she was into boys.

As for Armor, I believe she was the one making out with Ahura in the last issue of Gillen's Young Avengers.
    But when a character only appears occasionaly as supporting cast, it's hard to develop their romantic life.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Right!!
    And Magik is another Xman who has shown little to no interest in any of the sexes
    What about Bishop? Was his fake flirtation with Sage his first romantic "will they or won't they"
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Magik is someone I actually buy as asexual, but that can also be explained by her being mentally scarred from her experience in Limbo

Bishop had an actual romance with Deathbird so I dont think he qualifies
    I can see why people headcanon Magik as ace, but back in the 80s she would often make sexual remarks about, or to men (reading Playgirl, the Claremontian "Yum") as well as all the heavy subtext with Kitty. It wasn't until she was brought back that she stopped seeming to show interest in sexual or romantic relations, although that might have to do with some confusion about how old this Yana is supposed to be, (also not having a complete soul). When she first came back she looked pretty young, like about the same age as the NXM kids. Then they sort bumped her up to looking to be about Kitty's age around the Bendis run.

Bishop also had some brief flirtation with Storm prior to AoA. The relationship with Deathbird never seemed entirely consensual on Bishop's end.

It would be good to get some ace representation in the X-books, though. Trans rep too (bring back Chance as a trans dude).

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I can see why people headcanon Magik as ace, but back in the 80s she would often make sexual remarks about, or to men (reading Playgirl, the Claremontian "Yum") as well as all the heavy subtext with Kitty. It wasn't until she was brought back that she stopped seeming to show interest in sexual or romantic relations, although that might have to do with some confusion about how old this Yana is supposed to be, (also not having a complete soul). When she first came back she looked pretty young, like about the same age as the NXM kids. Then they sort bumped her up to looking to be about Kitty's age around the Bendis run.

Bishop also had some brief flirtation with Storm prior to AoA. The relationship with Deathbird never seemed entirely consensual on Bishop's end.

It would be good to get some ace representation in the X-books, though. Trans rep too (bring back Chance as a trans dude).
    Nah, I never saw her as sexual. She had that one moment in an X-men special with the Playgirl but her characterization there seemed off itself and not consistent with even how Claremont wrote her in Uncanny and New Mutants. I never saw the subtext between her and Kitty. If anything, it came from Kitty, not Illyana. She just didnt seem romantically interested in boys or girls

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post

As someone who is ace, I agree. We're practically invisible in media except for the occasional uber-nerd or psychopath character.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    As someone who is ace, I agree. We're practically invisible in media except for the occasional uber-nerd or psychopath character.
    It would be a nice little character detail.

So Magik is out of contention

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    I'm auditioning for a writing job at Marvel.
    This is a method I haven't seen before, lol. Good luck?

I thought she had a thing for Wing before he died.

Sex repulsed maybe. I wonder if there's a connection between a mutant's ability and the expression of their sexuality.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    So Magik is out of contention
    she isnt psychopath or a super nerd. she is damaged

I don't think the character's orientation was addressed one way or the other, leaving us with no data to make a conclusion beyond the lack of information.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Kathryn Immonen was writing Armor and Mercury like they had some kind of thing, but Pichelli REALLY made that clear.
    Read that, I don't think there's anything there.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I don't think the character's orientation was addressed one way or the other, leaving us with no data to make a conclusion beyond the lack of information.

Read that, I don't think there's anything there.
    Pichelli literally drew them kissing. How much more textual should it get?

The only time I saw a positive ace character was Todd Chavez and his support group in Bojack Horseman. Its like trying to find a transman in the media.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    The only time I saw a positive ace character was Todd Chavez and his support group in Bojack Horseman. Its like trying to find a transman in the media.
    Certain minorities get it really rough in media. I was diagnosed with Asperger's when I was 12, but at least I get decent implied characters like Ron Stoppable. My wife has OCD, and you can imagine how much that hurts when Monk is the least offensive example. Obviously Trans and Ace get it really rough since those are even less publicly "understood".

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Armor can't just be single? Not everyone gotta be in some sought of relationship. Being single is more than alright
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account