Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Cool images. Which issues do I need to collect in order to read about Frank's time in the War Machine armor.
    Punisher 218-228.

Quote Originally Posted by SymbioteCastle View Post
    Punisher 218-228.
    Thank you for the information. I didn't realize he donned the armor for that many issues.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

has anyone ever done a story that imagined a Punisher of World War II? Just wondering.

Last nigth i read all Rucka's Punisher, it was pretty good, a solid run indeed. A pitty that Chechetto couldn't drawn War Zone, but Carmine was a good remplacement.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Last nigth i read all Rucka's Punisher, it was pretty good, a solid run indeed. A pitty that Chechetto couldn't drawn War Zone, but Carmine was a good remplacement.
    I read it recently too. Usually not a fan of Punisher but this one really worked for me. My favourite run, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    My favorite run as well. Loved it. Agreed that it's a shame Checcetto couldn't do War Zone interiors, but CdG is probably one of the only worthy spiritual successors.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

I liked Carmine's art in War Zone, too, BUT I MUST NOTE one of my biggest smallest comic book gripes:

Rucka has Black Widow pass through my family's hometown in Algeria while tracking down the Punisher, and CdG draws it in a way that looks nothing like it! I think that he was probably pulling up photo references of a different Algerian city from an entirely time period.

For reference, this is what the city in question actually looks like:

And that is my sole nit to pick with Rucka's Punisher.

Is there anything to appretiate at this point? He is a ruthless killing machine. He is not a hero. I mean sure he murders criminals, but I dont think he does it for the good of other people but for himself. 0fc9a1c6-b1fe-432f-b23c-b8e78c3376c8-punisher-marvel-comics.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by verden kommer til en slutt View Post
    Is there anything to appretiate at this point? He is a ruthless killing machine. He is not a hero. I mean sure he murders criminals, but I dont think he does it for the good of other people but for himself. 0fc9a1c6-b1fe-432f-b23c-b8e78c3376c8-punisher-marvel-comics.jpg
    and, often, so does Wolverine.

He's also... ready for this?...

A comic book character.

We saw it in the Boondock Saints. We saw it in Shooter. We see it in countless other shows and movies where someone wages a one man war against crime outside of the law. Hello, Law Abiding Citizen. Lots of fans can gravitate towards these types of characters because so many people, whether they'll ever admit it or not, have probably had the thoughts that all of these characters have. And it's fictional.

It is fictional. Don't you say? ;D
    I like his comics but I don't like him as a character.

It is fictional. Don't you say? ;D
    I like his comics but I don't like him as a character.
    This is kind of the wrong place to post if you don't like the Punisher.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Even if he isn’t a hero, doesn’t mean people can’t appreciate.
    What I like about him is that: for a man who’s essentially one-note, there’s loads of layers there too.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Even if he isn’t a hero, doesn’t mean people can’t appreciate.
    What I like about him is that: for a man who’s essentially one-note, there’s loads of layers there too.
    Same reason why I love the character.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Just read the latest issue. The stage is set for good showdowns.