Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Does the MU even acknowledge that the Exiles run exists because if so, I first want to see Cap meet Peggy.
    Well its not a separate continuity. They can meet if a writer pitches the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Well, Jane does have fans, and I'm sure they are happy. I just wish their happiness didn't have come at the expense of other fans, especially those so dismissive of them.
    Of the few fans she has it may upset a tiny number of them. My bet is they will all make their voices disproportionally loud.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Of the few fans she has it may upset a tiny number of them. My bet is they will all make their voices disproportionally loud.
    Well, when you're a fan of a character and feel they're getting thrown under the bus, it's kind of all you can do...

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    We don't know exactly how many fans Val has. You forget, she was a core Defender for decades, and carried her own maxi-series and was the lead of Fearless Defenders, which DID have a vocal fandom. As for being loud ... well, I wouldn't guess that to be the case on this board, but you don't know. I'm hearing far more Jane bashing than Val love on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, when you're a fan of a character and feel they're getting thrown under the bus, it's kind of all you can do...
    Especially when you are also told you don't exist, because NOBODY is a fan of Val ...or Sif. Which, when you think about it, is a really odd thing to say. I mean Sif and Val are both in the MCU! They have as much, if not more, exposure than Jane Foster. And they are WARRIOR WOMEN in the MCU!

You can also refuse to buy the book, but that's a silent singular protest.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

We don't know exactly how many fans Val has. You forget, she was a core Defender for decades, and carried her own maxi-series and was the lead of Fearless Defenders, which DID have a vocal fandom. As for being loud ... well, I wouldn't guess that to be the case on this board, but you don't know. I'm hearing far more Jane bashing than Val love on this thread.
    I will check this book out, probably, but I'll fully admit I'd rather read about Val or Sif. I love them both.

But also... a think a big part of the problem was that first they just announced a Valkyrie book. I think most people were expecting that to mean Val. So, you get all excited, thinking a character you like is getting a solo...

... then you find out that she isn't, and also she's dead.

I think this would have been received somewhat differently if they just said it was Jane at the outset.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

It could console Brunnhilde's fans if even in death she'd still see action in the afterlife… in whatever form it takes. Still, to be a supporting character in a title that is associated with her for decades, and not being able to interact with humans in a customary way…
    Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    I think this would have been received somewhat differently if they just said it was Jane at the outset.
    Bait and switch, right?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    I will check this book out, probably, but I'll fully admit I'd rather read about Val or Sif. I love them both.

But also... a think a big part of the problem was that first they just announced a Valkyrie book. I think most people were expecting that to mean Val. So, you get all excited, thinking a character you like is getting a solo...

... then you find out that she isn't, and also she's dead.

This kind of reminds me of Unstoppable Wasp where they gave the first Wasp solo to Nadia seemingly for synergy, although the writer did a lot to rectify that by bringing Jan in and making her such a focal part of the book.

Brunnhilde will still have a role here but she's dead so I imagine it will probably be limited compared to what Whitely did with Jan.

Personally...whatever my opinion on Jane I think it would've been a better move to make her a Valkyrie with her own book without needing to kill all the others off. That just seems excessive to make sure one character is the sole individual with that title.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Personally...whatever my opinion on Jane I think it would've been a better move to make her a Valkyrie with her own book without needing to kill all the others off. That just seems excessive to make sure one character is the sole individual with that title.
    Ewing tried to justify it by saying that Jane basically has to rebuild the Valkyrior from the ground up, which implies a fresh start with a fresh perspective, free of continuity from the Asgardian Valkyries. I really hope Dani will lend a hand to this.

BTW, what happened to the former Disir who became Hela's valkyries at the end of that Journey into Mystery / New Mutants event?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Amazing Member

for many of us, the issue with Jane becoming the new Valk (ignoring the insane number of other issues with Jane as a character that many of us have pointed out annnnnd the fact that aaron has forced/pushed jane as the literal main character of the thor mythos now and greater than any asgardian/god), is that once again aaron is pushing jane at the complete expense of another established character, literally killing Brunnhilde and the rest of the valkyries (off-screen btw) just so jane gets the title.... like wth :/

if you want jane as the "only" valk left and will rebuild and all that, then just sideline Brunnhilde without killing her.... there are so many ways to go about it, they chose the literal worst one -_- and even when going with the worst option of just killing her off, they give Brunnhilde an absolute terrible, cheap and random death... can't even respect her enough to give her a good death
    Last edited by voidox; 04-30-2019 at 10:19 PM.

Well, Jane does have fans, and I'm sure they are happy. I just wish their happiness didn't have come at the expense of other fans, especially those so dismissive of them.

For me, Jane was a typical female character of the time, a cliche of the romance novels. She was a nurse mooning over a doctor / god. Yes, I realize that was decades ago, and Aaron probably wrote her differently. But that was the Jane Foster I read about for decades. Meanwhile, Sif and Val were WARRIOR WOMEN, from the get go! They carried swords, jumped into the fight, and whupped butt, just like the guys! In the early 70s, how could I not be blinded by their awesomeness, when far too many female characters were like Jane.

And then, there was this panel with Val, and it was perfect! Even with her steel cone bikini, she was speaking the TRUTH that so many women knew and were fighting for. And Val forever won a place in my heart.

Yep. Thor definitely didn't deserve Sif. And agreed. I'm just not that fond of replacement characters.
    Thor definitely doesn't deserve Sif with the way he treats her.

Once more I lament that I won't be getting my Sif/Brunhilde/Angela/Dani/Exiles/Hilde badass team up

Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post
    for many of us, the issue with Jane becoming the new Valk (ignoring the insane number of other issues with Jane as a character that many of us have pointed out annnnnd the fact that aaron has forced/pushed jane as the literal main character of the thor mythos now and greater than any asgardian/god), is that once again aaron is pushing jane at the complete expense of another established character, literally killing Brunnhilde and the rest of the valkyries (off-screen btw) just so jane gets the title.... like wth :/

if you want jane as the "only" valk left and will rebuild and all that, then just sideline Brunnhilde without killing her.... there are so many ways to go about it, they chose the literal worst one -_- and even when going with the worst option of just killing her off, they give Brunnhilde an absolute terrible, cheap and random death... can't even respect her enough to give her a good death
    Marvel: were going to make Jane a strong powerful female characters. We're going to kill off all the other strong powerful female characters to do it.

Extraordinary Member

Especially when you are also told you don't exist, because NOBODY is a fan of Val ...or Sif. Which, when you think about it, is a really odd thing to say. I mean Sif and Val are both in the MCU! They have as much, if not more, exposure than Jane Foster. And they are WARRIOR WOMEN in the MCU!

You can also refuse to buy the book, but that's a silent singular protest.
    Yeah, I wouldn't say I am a dedicated fan of Sif and Val but I enjoyed their presence in Thor books.
    And I feel they deserve their rightful place, I also enjoyed part of the Jane Thor run because part of me believe you can't really damage an A-lister like Thor, he will be fine in the end.
    For Sif and Val, the chances are rather limited for them, when there is a book named "Valkyrie" came along you'd expect that to be Brunhilde's due or something.
    But nope, Aaron just kinda let Jane rob the rich and the poor all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Ewing tried to justify it by saying that Jane basically has to rebuild the Valkyrior from the ground up, which implies a fresh start with a fresh perspective, free of continuity from the Asgardian Valkyries. I really hope Dani will lend a hand to this.

BTW, what happened to the former Disir who became Hela's valkyries at the end of that Journey into Mystery / New Mutants event?
    they are Hela's servants now.

oh and their origin has been retconed.

Excited to see Valkyrie at the forefront of Marvel’s future. This is art from newly announced Marvel artist Patrick Gleason.

124EDAA0-E657-427A-B791-2CF940E00822.jpg

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    Excited to see Valkyrie at the forefront of Marvel’s future. This is art from newly announced Marvel artist Patrick Gleason.

124EDAA0-E657-427A-B791-2CF940E00822.jpg
    Holy crap, Gleason is at Marvel! Amazing!