Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

If Tony can build an armor than go toe to toe with Thanos (whose a superior hulk on all levels that matter), I feel like him and Captain Thor can put down Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger19 View Post
    *cough cough, Civil War.
    he had them both beat, dead to rights despite purposefully holding back.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    he had them both beat, dead to rights despite purposefully holding back.
    We have different memories of events here. Dude went for a point blank "taaank missile!" on Bucky. Not exactly holding back on him. A little with Steve.

But dead to rights? They both messed Tony up just fine.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    We have different memories of events here. Dude went for a point blank "taaank missile!" on Bucky. Not exactly holding back on him. A little with Steve.

I kind of suspect that the suit in Civil War was a weaker armor, though I recognize that saying so without hard proof doesn't cut it in Rumbles.

Part of it is that the Mark III suit all the way back during the first Iron Man movie took an anti-aircraft tank shell. It knocked him out of the air but otherwise the armor wasn't dented at all, and that's a far, far cry from the punching power of Steve and even metal-arm Bucky.
    Last edited by Cyke; 05-20-2019 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post

That fight started with Stark purposefully trying not to engage steve at all or incapacitating him without hurting him over and over, to the point by the time they got to the "3 way fight" tony's armor was already damaged to the point he could couldn't fly and couldn't using aiming tech

and still had one of the ground with no arm half dead on the other he allowed to get up after beating him to a pulp (both dead to rights if he wanted)

then plot crap happened.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    That fight started with Stark purposefully trying not to engage steve at all or incapacitating him without hurting him over and over, to the point by the time they got to the "3 way fight" tony's armor was already damaged to the point he could couldn't fly and couldn't using aiming tech

and still had one of the ground with no arm half dead on the other he allowed to get up after beating him to a pulp (both dead to rights if he wanted)

then plot crap happened.
    This.

By the time they started fighting for real, Tony's armor was REALLY messed up. No flight, no shooting. This is why he had to engage Cap HtH.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

It should be noted that Civil War was also the movie where Bucky was shown to be able to overpower both of Cap's arms with his one metal arm, then that Bucky's metal arm was like a toddler's to Spider-Man (who had also previously stopped a speeding car immediately with his brute strength), then Cap was somehow able to do better against Spider-Man than Bucky and Falcon working together. Also, that same movie where War Machine ignored being caught in an exploding fuel truck and this particular Iron Man armor basically ignored having multiple cars dropped on it (it gave him some contusions, but the armor itself seemed completely unharmed).

I really like MCU Cap, but more when they play up his charisma and skill than when they seem to go out of their way to make people who have way better feats than him job seriously in order to make it seem like he can hang with them physically.

That being said, has Tony ever used InstallFightingSkills.exe ever again?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    It should be noted that Civil War was also the movie where Bucky was shown to be able to overpower both of Cap's arms with his one metal arm, then that Bucky's metal arm was like a toddler's to Spider-Man (who had also previously stopped a speeding car immediately with his brute strength), then Cap was somehow able to do better against Spider-Man than Bucky and Falcon working together. Also, that same movie where War Machine ignored being caught in an exploding fuel truck and this particular Iron Man armor basically ignored having multiple cars dropped on it (it gave him some contusions, but the armor itself seemed completely unharmed).

I really like MCU Cap, but more when they play up his charisma and skill than when they seem to go out of their way to make people who have way better feats than him job seriously in order to make it seem like he can hang with them physically.

The Russos are to Captain America what Jason Aaron is to Jane Foster as Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    His 1 on 1 bout with Thanos seemed to display some pretty creative melee skills, and it's really unlike anything before it for him, complete with flying kicks and immobilizing limbs (or at least attempting to). Almost as if he prepped for a day where he'd have to repeat the Civil War fight again.

I mean, it was never going to work considering Thanos' sheer power, but the melee skills Tony showed against Thanos would've come in real handy against the likes of Stane, Vanko, Ultron, and even Thor in the first Avengers.
    Last edited by Cyke; 05-21-2019 at 07:56 AM.

BANNED

he could probably have wiped the floor with thor and Loki in the endgame armor.

Cap and Iron Man in the MCU