Page 238 of 410 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248288338 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 6144

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Soule's run of SMWW, New 52 SM, new 52 WW...nothing about these books had picnics and rainbows. If anything traditionalists whined the amazons were too dark, disliked daughte rof Zeus or SM was not the nice but dim boyscout they accustomed to , Kents were dead etc. Ironically he did picnics and rainbows elsewhere.
    Right! The contradictions are really all over. Execution wasn’t perfect, maybe some things went a bit extreme but it was far better than “dim Boy Scout” and “Den Mother”. The growth of the new52 versions were very relatable in their own ways to the more modern, newer, and younger audience as well even older fans enjoyed it too.

LOL bold: exactly....

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    LOL...cute and it works for stuff like this but all I keep thinking is Superman really needs to lose those trunks.

This putting SMWW together as with the Teekeez and so many other toys and merch...I'd like to know what DC marketing talk about when it comes to approving these things. And why is DC being so stubborn at the comic book level.
    It’s the usual “have your cake and eat it too” mindset.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

SM/WW toy photography:

"It will never happen again, but the truth is that it happened... 💚💜💙"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwv_fb4lOoV/

"Beautiful and powerful couple #lovesupermanandwonderwoman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwvvOKRJzcj/

"Having fun with photography..."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwspJ2yFru7/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    SM/WW toy photography:

"It will never happen again, but the truth is that it happened... 💚💜💙"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwv_fb4lOoV/

"Beautiful and powerful couple #lovesupermanandwonderwoman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwvvOKRJzcj/

"Having fun with photography..."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwspJ2yFru7/
    More DCEU toy love!!! It’s still really unbelievable how these two are paired only because again they didn’t have any meaningful interaction. They are paired more than anything other pair that actually did interact. Says so much...🤗

The first one is absolutely adorable OMG! It seems we are getting a little bit more of these kind of figure pics too! I really hope fore more as well!

Also the caption of the first one...never say never. Yes, people know it happened. SMWW has made a mark I think was underestimated🤔

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    But SMWW was both a successful creative and financial decision? 🤔
    I meant that abandoning SM/WW was a "creative choice" and not a financial one dictated by the sales of the book.

But what if the “shaping” isn’t well received? Or if it’s temporary hype all to be forgotten by the movie audience?
    They are going to move away from it down the line.

More DCEU toy love!!! It’s still really unbelievable how these two are paired only because again they didn’t have any meaningful interaction. They are paired more than anything other pair that actually did interact. Says so much...🤗

The first one is absolutely adorable OMG! It seems we are getting a little bit more of these kind of figure pics too! I really hope fore more as well!

Also the caption of the first one...never say never. Yes, people know it happened. SMWW has made a mark I think was underestimated🤔
    Agreed. I'm sure people thought the same ("it will never happen again") after AC #600 in the 80s.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 05-05-2019 at 05:44 PM.

SM/WW toy photography:

"It will never happen again, but the truth is that it happened... ������"

Aw, so adorable
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

SuperWonder Wedding Cakes!!

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...50687145985758

“This time a non-traditional wedding cake.
    Because what if you don't really like flowers and you love cartoon characters ... then you also want a cake that suits you ...
    That's exactly what happened here ... something that fits the bridal couple.
    I hope you enjoyed it! Congratulations!”

https://www.instagram.com/floak.nl/p/BxCH10DFSOA/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwu73vXAHGQ/

Short DCEU SM/WW video edit (we rarely share these kind of videos):

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 05-06-2019 at 06:16 AM.

I meant that abandoning SM/WW was a "creative choice" and not a financial one dictated by the sales of the book.
    It still goes back to it having nothing to do with sales, which makes it even more so difficult to understand. Should’ve been more upfront about the (un)creative decisions made instead of allowing this false claim that it did have something to do with the financial side.

They are going to move away from it down the line.
    Moving away from this synergy thing. Uhh...yeah would be better when it’s not guaranteed to work as intended.

Agreed. I'm sure people thought the same ("it will never happen again") after AC #600 in the 80s.
    Wasn’t this a bait and switch cause more superficial, petty reasons? Clark all of a sudden having cold feet and awkward.
    However, I do like the set up only if only it’s not trying to force this contrived “too different” narrative. New52 showed it can work and last being both a creative and financial success. Doesn’t that all matter? It should. So, if/when they try again, hoping for better creative team that respects and understands both. Also would like the “slow burn”+”just (bestiebae) friends” + “tabloid concept”. It can be done properly🤣

It still goes back to it having nothing to do with sales, which makes it even more so difficult to understand. Should’ve been more upfront about the (un)creative decisions made instead of allowing this false claim that it did have something to do with the financial side.
    I don't think it would've changed anything, detractors claimed that the series was a financial failure since it begun. 🤨 You can't win with those people.

Moving away from this synergy thing. Uhh...yeah would be better when it’s not guaranteed to work as intended.
    They will never move away from synergize with other media, they always did it to some extend and it'll not stop now that these characters are at the apex of success in other media. They'll just move away from concepts/elements from the movies that didn't really stick as they thought.

Wasn’t this a bait and switch cause more superficial, petty reasons? Clark all of a sudden having cold feet and awkward.
    However, I do like the set up only if only it’s not trying to force this contrived “too different” narrative. New52 showed it can work and last being both a creative and financial success. Doesn’t that all matter? It should. So, if/when they try again, hoping for better creative team that respects and understands both. Also would like the “slow burn”+”just (bestiebae) friends” + “tabloid concept”. It can be done properly🤣
    Despite their "differences" pointed out in that old story are true for the SM/WW of that time, I don't see them as a good "out-of-story" excuse because differences=story potential. But it was fine as an in-story reason for the post-Crisis SM/WW to not pursue a relationship. No pettiness was there.

I don't think it would've changed anything, detractors claimed that the series was a financial failure since it begun. 🤨 You can't win with those people.
    LOL I can’t with that. Never knew selling over 100k copies debut according to TD was a failure. Despite detractors, actually had the ability to stabilize and was well reviewed with the best depictions of the new52 versions until the team changed and abrupt story change too.

They will never move away from synergize with other media, they always did it to some extend and it'll not stop now that these characters are at the apex of success in other media. They'll just move away from concepts/elements from the movies that didn't really stick as they thought.
    This is what I mean. What works in all medias keep. But what works for one media but not the others, give a different option that does work for that particular media. Don’t try to force everything to be the same or force what doesn’t work within that certain media.

Despite their "differences" pointed out in that old story are true for the SM/WW of that time, I don't see them as a good "out-of-story" excuse because differences=story potential. But it was fine as an in-story reason for the post-Crisis SM/WW to not pursue a relationship. No pettiness was there.
    It wasn’t seen as petty at the time. As I said I did like the unresolved “one that got away” type thing. But what is petty is trying to twist that to justify the now. As of the now, their differences complement their similarities and vice versa. And exactly that all equals story potential.

Good morning people!!! A happy and bleesed week for us all!

“Wear your heart on your skin in this life.”
    ― Sylvia Plath

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw8bj4cB...on_share_sheet

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxC_MV4F...on_share_sheet

LOL I can’t with that. Never knew selling over 100k copies debut according to TD was a failure. Despite detractors, actually had the ability to stabilize and was well reviewed with the best depictions of the new52 versions until the team changed and abrupt story change too.
    I think it was around the time of the Doomed crossover that, in a Q&A, a "fan" asked to the editor to break SM/WW up and cancel the series because he had the power to do it or something. The answer he/she got was that there wasn't a reason to do so because the series was selling well and the pair was popular.

This is what I mean. What works in all medias keep. But what works for one media but not the others, give a different option that does work for that particular media. Don’t try to force everything to be the same or force what doesn’t work within that certain media.
    It's not a science, they'll pick and choose anyway. Look at what they did in Rebirth with Faora, swapping her with Ursa cuz she was more popular because of the Donner movies. What's that? Synergy with 40-years old movies? 🤣

It wasn’t seen as petty at the time. As I said I did like the unresolved “one that got away” type thing. But what is petty is trying to twist that to justify the now. As of the now, their differences complement their similarities and vice versa. And exactly that all equals story potential.
    The 80s' "excuses" like Clark not being comfortable with WW not-so street level world, feeling out of Diana's league and that "no mortal man or Superman is worthy of her" preclude a potential romance with Steve Trevor too if they want to be coherent. Don't forget that, back then, Superman and Steve were both "friendzoned" for not much dissimilar reasons.

I think it was around the time of the Doomed crossover that, in a Q&A, a "fan" asked to the editor to break SM/WW up and cancel the series because he had the power to do it or something. The answer he/she got was that there wasn't a reason to do so because the series was selling well and the pair was popular.
    The self entitlement there is ridiculous.

But ok. Bold: Still so confusing. If that is known that the pair sells and is popular despite what was tried to be forcibly claimed, why was it ok to try to use this false claim when rebirth was launching?

This shows even more so how the OOC characterization from Tomasi was forced and obviously so was the break up.

Nothing of actual evidence (creatively and financially) justified the messiness and disrespectful disruption of the new52 pair.

It's not a science, they'll pick and choose anyway. Look at what they did in Rebirth with Faora, swapping her with Ursa cuz she was more popular because of the Donner movies. What's that? Synergy with 40-years old movies? 🤣
    🙄 No. this is what we not gonna do. Could we please move forward instead of stuck in the past and/or in stagnation. This is why Superman is having a hard time live action and just in general in the first place.

The 80s' "excuses" like Clark not being comfortable with WW not-so street level world, feeling out of Diana's league and that "no mortal man or Superman is worthy of her" preclude a potential romance with Steve Trevor too if they want to be coherent. Don't forget that, back then, Superman and Steve were both "friendzoned" for not much dissimilar reasons.
    🙄 Lol honestly yeah like I said, this doesn’t exactly fly now. Superman isn’t a street level character. The insecurity is ridiculous. I like a confident Superman who isn’t intimidated. I like Steve better as the big bro/father figure better.
    The idea of being worthy of Diana doesn’t have to be that exaggerated either.

It's not a science, they'll pick and choose anyway. Look at what they did in Rebirth with Faora, swapping her with Ursa cuz she was more popular because of the Donner movies. What's that? Synergy with 40-years old movies? ��
    DC has made several mistakes since the "brilliant idea" of Convergence, which we know well, including betraying those naive who believed in Rebirth's proposal (hihihihihihi, sorry I laugh every time I think people believed in DC)... such errors can be corrected very easily, just invest in the multiverse! Give us new 52 Earth, keep Rebirth Earth its "countless" fans and, if possible, give us Earth of Kingdom Come and Earth pre-flashpoint ... everyone will be happy since good sales is not a factor determining what they publish ...

The self entitlement there is ridiculous.

But ok. Bold: Still so confusing. If that is known that the pair sells and is popular despite what was tried to be forcibly claimed, why was it ok to try to use this false claim when rebirth was launching?

This shows even more so how the OOC characterization from Tomasi was forced and obviously so was the break up.

Nothing of actual evidence (creatively and financially) justified the messiness and disrespectful disruption of the new52 pair.

Who used this false claim? Not DiDio/Lee or other DC editors. There was no mention of SM/WW when they launched Rebirth. That was always a detractors' claim.

🙄 No. this is what we not gonna do. Could we please move forward instead of stuck in the past and/or in stagnation. This is why Superman is having a hard time live action and just in general in the first place.
    DC's answer: Never!!!! 🤣

🙄 Lol honestly yeah like I said, this doesn’t exactly fly now. Superman isn’t a street level character. The insecurity is ridiculous. I like a confident Superman who isn’t intimidated. I like Steve better as the big bro/father figure better.
    The idea of being worthy of Diana doesn’t have to be that exaggerated either.
    Yeah, both SM and WW started changing/evolving years later that "first meeting" and were also depicted differently before COIE to consider the 80s versions to be-all and end-all of what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    DC has made several mistakes since the "brilliant idea" of Convergence, which we know well, including betraying those naive who believed in Rebirth's proposal (hihihihihihi, sorry I laugh every time I think people believed in DC)... such errors can be corrected very easily, just invest in the multiverse! Give us new 52 Earth, keep Rebirth Earth its "countless" fans and, if possible, give us Earth of Kingdom Come and Earth pre-flashpoint ... everyone will be happy since good sales is not a factor determining what they publish ...
    I can't see DC investing in the Multiverse with ongoing series, just special limited projects here and there as usual. Continuing the KC saga somehow is a must, and I'm sure it'll happen sooner or later. After Miller pitching a book about SM/WW's son, Alex Ross can pitch a book about SM/WW's 5 children in the KCverse, lol. 🤣
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 05-06-2019 at 02:28 PM.