Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Is he going to the big house or some country club lockup for high rollers who behaved badly? If it's the former, Pharma Bro won't last a month in general population, and that's a generous estimate.
    My question is whether or not this could spark increased interest in “cleaning up” or reforming the industry itself.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I actually credit Schumer for those remarks, which I just learned of. Nice counter to the Luis Farrakhan fans on the left (Keith Ellison being one of course).

https://www.adl.org/news/op-ed/louis-farrakhan-again
    And yet Farrakhan is not entirely a fringe figure. He is a leader of a religious movement who draws thousands of attendees to his speeches and fills auditoriums for his sermonizing. His popularity gives him the dubious distinction of being, quite possibly, the most popular anti-Semite in America today.

For instance, U.S. Rep. Danny Davis, D-Illinois, recently praised Farrakhan as “an outstanding human being.” When ADL called him out for this remark, Davis insisted he had been misquoted and asked us to share recent examples of Farrakhan’s anti-Semitic rhetoric. He assured us he rejects anti-Semitism in all forms, but Congressman Davis still hasn’t publicly repudiated the NOI leader.

Or consider that in the audience at last weekend’s conference was Tamika Mallory, one of the leaders of the Women’s March, who got a special shout-out from Farrakhan and who regularly posts laudatory pictures of him on her Instagram account — as does Carmen Perez, another leader of the March. Linda Sarsour, another March organizer, spoke and participated at a Nation of Islam event in 2015. Her most notable response to his incendiary remarks this year was a glowing post on Perez’s Facebook page to praise Farrakhan’s youthful demeanor.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-09-2018 at 01:41 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Illegal or undocumented immigrants I think you left out. Many Democrats remember when there was no Democrat messaging about being against or thwarting immigration enforcement.
    Two things that helped to shift this are the Dreamers, who are here through no fault of thier own and often know only this country. In some cases they don't even speak the language of where ICE wants to deport them to.

And second is the overly heavy hand ICE is using to chase people down. Picking up witnesses outside of the courthouse, picking up legal resident aliens over 20 year old crimes (which are often minor to begin with) and you have a recipe for a lot of resentment.

Add in the fact that being undocumented is a violation rather than a crime (the same category as a parking ticket) coupled with the complete lack of due process ICE typically allows and I can understand where the Dems are coming from.

Extraordinary Member

Illegal or undocumented immigrants I think you left out. Many Democrats remember when there was no Democrat messaging about being against or thwarting immigration enforcement.
    Illegal immigration has always been a trap door for Democrats. It’s why Republicans push it so hard

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    These are the people who support Trump. These are the people we have to defeat.

I so wish the Rock would run and win so he could tell them in a speech ..."You can take those red MAGA hats ...shine em up real good....turn those sum bitches side ways and stick straight up your candy asses !"

Now being serious , making terroristic threats ...find who this is and issue charges for this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    These are the people who support Trump. These are the people we have to defeat.

Oh no! It's Meth Man again. It was posted a few pages back. But you're right...and it proves the existence of the deplorables. They're the kind that sucker punched a black guy at one of Trump's rallies.

And I left it out because that wasn't what I found disgusting about her stance. Illegal immigrants made an informed decision. Their children did not, nor did they have agency over their lives at the point that decision was made.

So, I wasn't born in America. I am a citizen. But I was not born here. I do not have any experience living in the country I was born in, nor do I speak the language. I haven't been back, either. If I'd been brought here and protected by DACA, and suddenly got sent back, I'd be completely lost.

I think the stance that DACA is an awful policy and Dreamers need to go back where they "came from" lacks basic human empathy, and is a disgusting attitude.

That's why I brought it up. I'm not going to get mad if someone thinks illegal immigrants should be deported. That's not an outlandish nor entirely new idea. The DACA situation is new, and it's happening because of your dudes.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post

They are worried ...major he's gonna say something wrong. Mueller must have a smile on his face thinking , there is something there.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    They are worried ...major he's gonna say something wrong. Mueller must have a smile on his face thinking , there is something there.
    Case in point ...

TRUMP: "I'M GONNA MEET WITH KIM!"

Sanders: "LOL! OMFG, no he's not."
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Cohen paid Stormy Daniels the 130K out of his home equity line

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Case in point ...

TRUMP: "I'M GONNA MEET WITH KIM!"

Sanders: "LOL! OMFG, no he's not."
    Can't be. #30 told us Donald does not duck.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Beastie's Cartoon of the Week:

Ehhhh, I raise you this cartoon over Penny Arcade.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Cohen paid Stormy Daniels the 130K out of his home equity line
    Isn't that a violation of the election law?
    Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Ehhhh, I raise you this cartoon over Penny Arcade.
    Hahaha! That's good too.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Remind me: How many more burned Harry Potter novels?
    Do you judge the wrongness of an act by how often it's committed?

I know, I know-- silly to even ask!