Page 17 of 93 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Ouch, they wanted something for Landry, looks like all they were offered is pocket change.

GB obviously knows Hunley is not The Man. Kizer could be the guy to step in for Rogers. Though Rogers should have another 4-5 years baring injury.
    Miami had no leverage in the Landry trade. Pretty much the whole league knew they couldn't take the cap hit to keep him at the franchise tag price and were going to withdraw it (if they didn't sign a long term more team friendly deal which was unlikely) and release him for nothing, so Cleveland stepped in and offered something knowing they wouldn't likely get him if he went to free agency. Miami liked something better than nothing, and weren't going to get any other offers that were better because teams could wait for Landry to be cut, but Cleveland was able to land a talented player who they wouldn't have had a chance at in free agency for a small pittance of the draft capital they have amassed over the last few years. They also had the cap room to take the hit of the franchise tag price.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    According to rumors the Buffalo Bills are gonna try and work a trade deal with the Denver Broncos to get into the top #5 and that means trading draft picks to get QB Baker Mayfield. After the trade with Cleveland the Bills now have 5 of the top 65 draft picks.
    If that’s the case, would that mean John Elway is going after Kirk Cousins?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    If that’s the case, would that mean John Elway is going after Kirk Cousins?
    That seems to be where he's headed...he traded Talib to free up salary cap space.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Well the Browns aren't done trading ....again.

- They traded Danny Shelton (DT) to New England for a 3rd round pick in 2019. They also sent a 5th that season to New England to take Shelton. Since being drafted in the 1st rd of the 2015 draft , Shelton never played up to expectations. This will make the 1st round picks from 2012-2015 all gone off the roster for the Cleveland Browns.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Butler and Sherman are in San Bernardino.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

To me this off-season summed up more of the stupid Cleveland Browns situation at QB. Ok since last year Hue Jackson has wanted AJ McCarron . He coached him with Bengals and wanted McCarron because he can run his system. But here is the typical Browns move , they looked at Tyrod Taylor its claimed because he had started more and actually got a team into the playoffs. Also they used it to try and convince Joe Thomas to keep playing.

But what is missing is Buffalo backed into the playoffs and had 2 teams lose that helped them. Also the fact a reason Buffalo didn't keep him was that he couldn't throw across the middle of the field well. Its why they didn't make a push to keep him.

What likely will happen is Taylor will play worse in Cleveland and while the plan is to use him as a bridge QB , what will happen is he'll end up being benched halfway into the season. Then the rookie QB they had a lot invested in will be thrown in to sink or swim.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Butler and Sherman are in San Bernardino.
    That could be interesting. Butler doesn't have the ceiling of a #1 corner (he lacks the size to handle true #1 receivers) but has the potential to be perhaps the best #2 corner in the league. If he and Sherman end up in the same place then that secondary instantly becomes a credible threat even if the safeties are scrubs.

To me this off-season summed up more of the stupid Cleveland Browns situation at QB. Ok since last year Hue Jackson has wanted AJ McCarron . He coached him with Bengals and wanted McCarron because he can run his system. But here is the typical Browns move , they looked at Tyrod Taylor its claimed because he had started more and actually got a team into the playoffs. Also they used it to try and convince Joe Thomas to keep playing.

But what is missing is Buffalo backed into the playoffs and had 2 teams lose that helped them. Also the fact a reason Buffalo didn't keep him was that he couldn't throw across the middle of the field well. Its why they didn't make a push to keep him.

What likely will happen is Taylor will play worse in Cleveland and while the plan is to use him as a bridge QB , what will happen is he'll end up being benched halfway into the season. Then the rookie QB they had a lot invested in will be thrown in to sink or swim.
    While it’s stupid easy to bash the Browns, it takes two to tango when it comes to trades. Were the Bengals ever interested in trading McCarron, or were they intent on keeping him? If it’s the latter, then what was Cleveland to do?

While it’s stupid easy to bash the Browns, it takes two to tango when it comes to trades. Were the Bengals ever interested in trading McCarron, or were they intent on keeping him? If it’s the latter, then what was Cleveland to do?

Wasn't Mccarron an unrestricted free agent though? I thought he won his grievance with the Bengals and was awarded free agency.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

McCarron is a free agent and as posted a week or two ago did win his grievance with the Bengals.

We got Richard Sherman, and he for whatever reason decided to sign a very team friendly/incentive based deal. Thanks big perm! I mean big Sherm.

McCarron is a free agent and as posted a week or two ago did win his grievance with the Bengals.
    And yet, the Browns went with Tyrod Taylor. A head scracther.

And yet, the Browns went with Tyrod Taylor. A head scracther.
    Not when you consider it's the Browns.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

The Dolphins are releasing Suh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ferro View Post
    The Dolphins are releasing Suh.
    It's going down all over the league.

Me and a coworker were talking about the salary cap and how the Colts have the third most to spend and he said that Miami was near the top of being over. I couldn't figure out how the sorry assed Dolphins are over the cap that bad. Other than Suh, who was overpaid for a goon anydamnway, I can't think of who else is getting paid like that. Wake? They let Ajai go, Cutler wasn't breaking the bank for that one year. Crazy.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.