Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Storm vs Storm

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    He doesn't need to say "Flame on!" to nova flame. He just explodes.
    Johnny would be Flash frozen before he could try to Nova blast.
    Or better yet freeze him from the inside as she’s done before.

Why would any of that matter if at fight start the Human Torch nova flames the entire fighting ground?
    Why would any of what you said matter?
    Why would you think Storm wouldn’t turn the whole battlefield into a Raging Blizzard with temperature going as far below zero?
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 03-12-2018 at 09:11 AM.

He only needs to think to do so. Why would he be flash frozen before he could nova blast any more than say... half the time?

Why would you think Storm wouldn’t turn the whole battlefield into a Raging Blizzard with temperature going as far below zero?
    If Johnny nova flames the area first, how would Storm be able to do that instead of being dead?

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post

Because she isn't any faster than Johnny.

I went looking for some Storm speed feats, and this is what I found:

Looks pretty average to me.

Then don’t post in Storm threads seems easy enough.
    I have better idea. Why don't you read the rules for this forum, and then follow them or stop posting nonsense here?

I'm going to relink this post of mine from this thread since I guess it was completely ignored?

http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post3518614

Someone else similarly tried to give a go at this:

http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post3518264

similarly completely ignored? It's a three page thread at best at this point. It doesn't really help the impression that you guys basically see the words "Storm doesn't necessarily win more than half the time" in a thread, come forth from the internet and ignore any discussion that that may have preceded you on why, nor remotely address any points that came up in that discussion in order to state "Storm wins". It's a debate thread. If you don't intend to actually address the things people say in their posts in favour of basically just saying "Storm wins", what's the point of why you guys keep coming onto these things? Is it that bothersome that in a place your lot never otherwise come to or post in or read, people say Storm loses a fight even 50% of the time?

I'm not asking any of this in any rhetorical fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    I have better idea. Why don't you read the rules for this forum, and then follow them or stop posting nonsense here?
    I'm really going to request that you post links to these images via imgur or something. The only thing you're doing is making sure this thread turns into an unreadable barrage of giant scans.

Also you've ensured people now reposting images out of context from Storm respect threads of Storm hitting speedsters or Spiderman or stopping bullets or what have you. Of course, so has Johnny, he's got a bunch of those kinds of things. I wouldn't consider those showings valid for either of them, but they certainly both have them, as if neither really blows past the other reflex wise in any notable way.

Also, honestly, other than being punched by Pete before she can react (which, given Spiderman's own reflexes, I mean yes, obviously), it's not like those are Storm's reasonably best reflex stuff. I mean you could make a case for Shaw I suppose, Storm herself noting her shock at how fast he is, but that bottom scan is just comedic shtick.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 03-12-2018 at 09:25 AM.

BANNED

I know the rules why don’t you stop posting BS scans to which you don’t know the co text to. How about that? :-)

Then clearly you don’t know the character your talking about. And I’m going to guess you found that picture on Google huh?

Do you know why Spiderman even punched Storm??? Probably not.

He only needs to think to do so. Why would he be flash frozen before he could nova blast any more than say... half the time?

If Johnny nova flames the area first, how would Storm be able to do that instead of being dead?
    So he needs to think before he reacts. So this now solidifies my point. Storm will flash freeze him before he can think and react. I’m going to go on a limb and assume you don’t seem to know how fast Storms powers active.

Why do assume Storm can’t protect herself when she can create wind pressure higher than Jupiter? Johnny Storm would be dead before he can try an pull off anything. Storm powers active consciously and subconsciously. She subconsciously affected the atmosphere around her and did realize.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I'm pretty hesitant to even point this out, given it is completely irrelevant, but that Spider-Man scan is from Astonishing and Storm was basically in a hypno coma when Peter slugged her there.

Like I know even as I type this it's going to be completely ignored again, or replied to in a way that completely ignores the content of this post but here's what it is:

1) Both these characters, given how they have shown they can use their deadliest powers just by thinking, can one move kill each other in an unavoidable way.

2) Given how we try to structure nerd fight debates here, in many ways to try specifically avoid things like, say, every Storm thread on this board, both characters will go for using said one move kill each other powers

3) That means this entire fight comes down to "who thinks first".

4) As a result, to argue that one of them wins more than 50% of the time, would require providing a variety of feats that demonstrate that person having considerably better reaction time performances.

5) The problem of doing that, is even if you abandon the basic standard of "reaction time feats that are not ridiculously too good given what the character is presented as and more or less capable of", they both have piles of nonsense reaction time feats just fine, from melting or blocking bullets to hitting Spiderman to what have you.

6) So you come right back to.. neither of them are really faster than the other by any notable degree. Both can think and unavoidably kill the other person. This is why people keep calling this fight a 50/50 quickdraw.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 03-12-2018 at 09:40 AM.

BANNED

So basically, everyone is hindering on Johnny Storms Nova Blast, but as some claim he needs to Think BEFORE he decides to Nova Blast. Clearly this shows Johnny’s powers does not operate faster than Storm since she is literally connected to the Planet and can pull of attacks in less than a conscious thought. As well her powers have on some occasions actives Subconsciously.

All of Johnny’s attacks would be doused out effectively immediately. As such
    B03DAF4D-CC56-41E7-848A-0D37BB2D5761.jpg
    5F8985A1-4665-4406-9BF5-09C114FBF6BC.jpg
    BFEA33E0-778A-4059-AEED-568CD4B7F489.jpg

If we are to assume that’s Johnny will Nova Blast then I’m to assume Storm will shut him down before he can get Started. After all I also don’t see any reason why Storm just doesn’t freeze him from the inside like she has done before.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

[img]https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/78977/2068584-spider_man_hitting_storm_super.jp

[img]http://pm1.narvii.com/6428/093ec66304f518f63a757c3cb5837afb8e47e64e_hq.jpg[/

[img]https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/20066/843462-ifvsx_men6.jpg[/im

If you are going to use speed feats try for showings that are more recent:

That said, O'roro Munroe wins.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

So he needs to think before he reacts. So this now solidifies my point. Storm will flash freeze him before he can think and react. I’m going to go on a limb and assume you don’t seem to know how fast Storms powers active.

Why do assume Storm can’t protect herself when she can create wind pressure higher than Jupiter? Johnny Storm would be dead before he can try an pull off anything. Storm powers active consciously and subconsciously. She subconsciously affected the atmosphere around her and did realize.
    Both characters need to think to use their powers effectively. The last time someone tried to present the "Storm can use her powers subconsciously", the showings they provided of her doing so involved situations and uses that would either not be possible here from the context of what allowed them to happen as far as specific conditions that made that use possible, or used in a way that would be functionally random.

So basically, everyone is hindering on Johnny Storms Nova Blast, but as some claim he needs to Think BEFORE he decides to Nova Blast. Clearly this shows Johnny’s powers does not operate faster than Storm since she is literally connected to the Planet and can pull of attacks in less than a conscious thought. As well her powers have on some occasions actives Subconsciously.

All of Johnny’s attacks would be doused out effectively immediately. As such
    B03DAF4D-CC56-41E7-848A-0D37BB2D5761.jpg
    5F8985A1-4665-4406-9BF5-09C114FBF6BC.jpg
    BFEA33E0-778A-4059-AEED-568CD4B7F489.jpg

If we are to assume that’s Johnny will Nova Blast then I’m to assume Storm will shut him down before he can get Started. After all I also don’t see any reason why Storm just doesn’t freeze him from the inside like she has done before.
    In what way do any of those scans demonstrate Storm not needing to actually think to intentionally target someone with her powers? I mean that in several ways, one of them being "those images are so small as to be unreadable"

Guys, there is a middle ground between giant thread destroying scans and tiny unreadable ones. Just put them up on imgur and then post a link.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Both characters need to think to use their powers effectively. The last time someone tried to present the "Storm can use her powers subconsciously", the showings they provided of her doing so involved situations and uses that would either not be possible here from the context of what allowed them to happen as far as specific conditions that made that use possible, or used in a way that would be functionally random.
    Storms powers have always been described as functioning in less than a conscious thought or before her adversary had time to react. And storm already fought human torch years ago and he lost. This was before all of here speed and power feat upgrades.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

That said, O'roro Munroe wins.
    Based on what?