Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Wonder Woman grew up around women who aren't bulletproof so deflecting bullets is what she would've been taught to do. Furthermore, the weapons they use in Themyscira are magical so Diana would always assume that any weapon can hurt her, some bullets could be made of 8th metal so, just to be safe, she deflects them. More importantly, she does it because it's iconic

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    Wonder Woman grew up around women who aren't bulletproof so deflecting bullets is what she would've been taught to do. Furthermore, the weapons they use in Themyscira are magical so Diana would always assume that any weapon can hurt her, some bullets could be made of 8th metal so, just to be safe, she deflects them. More importantly, she does it because it's iconic
    I'm all iconogra[hy but I draw the line at failing to maintain suspension of disbelief either change the function of the bracelets or get rid of them completely as a trade off for making her invulnerable.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Diana isn't invulnerable and never has been in main continuity. I like that she can be stopped by something so common as a bullet, because she has the speed and skill to deflect them. She's not Kryptonian, she's better than they are. Having a weakness to piercing weapons isn't a liability, nor does it make her street level, her other powers make up for it.

It's funny that as soon as there's a story people don't like (or a series of them in this instance) fans want to change her powers or costume instead of the writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    It's funny that as soon as there's a story people don't like (or a series of them in this instance) fans want to change her powers or costume instead of the writer.
    You know you're probably the first person other than me who thinks this way and this isn't the first story where a writer did this to Wonder Woman. John Byrne was another one even Marston showed a bullet could hurt her it just shouldn't hurt her as badly as Priest or Byrne showed.

Diana isn't invulnerable and never has been in main continuity. I like that she can be stopped by something so common as a bullet, because she has the speed and skill to deflect them. She's not Kryptonian, she's better than they are. Having a weakness to piercing weapons isn't a liability, nor does it make her street level, her other powers make up for it.
    How is she better than a Kryptonian when she can be killed by something they don't even notice?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How is she better than a Kryptonian when she can be killed by something they don't even notice?
    She shouldn't it's just that some writers take it too far and even forget or outright ignore certain skills she has that should render her bullet proof so to speak. The Speedforce is supposed to heal a user but Priest ignored that gave Wally West I a heart problem. This might not be any different.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    She beat Faora and Zod at the same time due to her superior skill and warrior training, not being bulletproof didn't slow her down one bit.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

She beat Faora and Zod at the same time due to her superior skill and warrior training, not being bulletproof didn't slow her down one bit.
    She also survived a nuke in that same arc, yet is in critical condition after a ricochet bullet hits her!

The excuse that she wasn't prepared for the ricochets is ridiculous given that she is in an enviroment where there is multiple shots being fired at them. She should always be prepared for stuff like that in those types of situations.

It's funny that when bullets like the ricochet that hit her gave her a life ending threat, versus a flesh wound hit. Before Batman became bulletproof, he seemed to only get by bullets that gave him non serious wounds.

I guess her 'wonder sense' is far less than the 'bat sense'.

I don’t mind her being shot with bullets but after all the upgrades wouldn’t it be better if they harm her but not kill her? To inconsistent is what kills Diana. We see yes she isn’t bulletproof in Rucka but it doesn’t kill her. Diana has faster reflexes than Superman so why couldn’t she just block bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I don’t mind her being shot with bullets but after all the upgrades wouldn’t it be better if they harm her but not kill her? To inconsistent is what kills Diana. We see yes she isn’t bulletproof in Rucka but it doesn’t kill her. Diana has faster reflexes than Superman so why couldn’t she just block bullets.
    It's Christopher Priest he likes to do certain things that are shocking to keep things interesting. he gave Wally West I a heart problem even though the Speedforce should have healed his heart. And now with Diana we are seeing the same result. She should be healing from an injury but he either didn't do enough research or he ignored some Rucka's work.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    You know you're probably the first person other than me who thinks this way and this isn't the first story where a writer did this to Wonder Woman. John Byrne was another one even Marston showed a bullet could hurt her it just shouldn't hurt her as badly as Priest or Byrne showed.
    For what it's worth, I've been saying this for years, not just the past few months

It never made sense to me how she could trade punches with Superman (shown as far back as the 70s), and stand up to an explosion with shrapnel, but go down with a bump on the head or could get cut by a street thug with a knife or shot with a gun.

I've been unhappy with the inconsistent levels of her powers for a very long time now and wish that DC would just get their act together and lay down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    It's Christopher Priest he likes to do certain things that are shocking to keep things interesting. he gave Wally West I a heart problem even though the Speedforce should have healed his heart. And now with Diana we are seeing the same result. She should be healing from an injury but he either didn't do enough research or he ignored some Rucka's work.
    The problem is that questionnable things keep happening to Diana. Priest's run is just one of the many others, if it was an isolated incident, it wouldn't be such a big deal, but right now, she has been a mess in virtually all titles she's appeared in, with the exception of Dark Night Metal.
    Ultimately that's what we are complaining about, the lack of commitment of DC to make her shine.

I feel the same

Edit: I was replying to Gaelforce's last comment

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    For what it's worth, I've been saying this for years, not just the past few months

It never made sense to me how she could trade punches with Superman (shown as far back as the 70s), and stand up to an explosion with shrapnel, but go down with a bump on the head or could get cut by a street thug with a knife or shot with a gun.

I've been unhappy with the inconsistent levels of her powers for a very long time now and wish that DC would just get their act together and lay down the line.
    Right, if there is an editorial department for Wonder Woman they should be able to lay down the line as to how to keep her and her corner of the DC Universe consistent. The presence of a group editor might be indicative of that. But since there is no announcement I dare say there is none. And as far as strong is concerned she should be able to take hit from a bullet but still get up because of her unnatural physique and healing factor Rucka implemented.