Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Could you see Slott killing MJ to end his run?

Just curious if anyone else had this thought.

Probably not. In fact since the series is going into a 'sitcom comedy' direction afterwards based on the upcoming free comic I feels like nobody died in the end as Peter isn't going through that major grief/guilt it seems to me.

Yeah, if anyone dies, Anti-Venom will just resurrect them. Apparently he has the powers of Venom and and the X-Men's Triage combined.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

There's major plans coming for MJ according to Cebulski, and he did say they would begin with Slott's final stories and continue through with Spencer's run.

There's also a special cover with MJ being prepared by Adam Hughes, but we don't know for which issue.

No way. I think he is setting it up for them to get back together.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Highly doubt it.

If they didn't lie about MJ being used in Spencer's run, then if she dies she'll just be resurrected within GDS itself, kinda like Kaine tends to die and be resurrected in the same story lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if she is killed off. That said I think the backlash will be so bad if they do that a resurrection would be in the cards sooner rather then later.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I could see Slott killing MJ off or doing something bad to her, but I don't expect it to happen this time-around.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if she is killed off. That said I think the backlash will be so bad if they do that a resurrection would be in the cards sooner rather then later.
    In some respects, whilst it was outrageous when it was attempted back in 1999, it would be considered a mercy killing today after all these years. Having her around is doing just as much damage to her character.

Let's face it, Marvel don't want the lovable, spirited, caring and understanding MJ in Peter's life, they want her to be a stubborn mean-spirited roadblock, and that's no fun.

Mighty Member

I don't see him killing MJ off.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I could see him wanting to, whether or not he'd be allowed to? I'm not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    In some respects, whilst it was outrageous when it was attempted back in 1999, it would be considered a mercy killing today after all these years. Having her around is doing just as much damage to her character.

Let's face it, Marvel don't want the lovable, spirited, caring and understanding MJ in Peter's life, they want her to be a stubborn mean-spirited roadblock, and that's no fun.
    Regrettably, I think you have hit the nail on the head.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Regrettably, I think you have hit the nail on the head.
    When Peter once told MJ he'd "see her in the funny pages" during one of their tiffs in the 70s, he was predicting the future, as after 2010, the funny pages (newspaper strip) ultimately became the only medium where the lovable, spirited, caring and understanding MJ could be found until RYV was launched!

Nah, Slott's a troll not a sadist. Killing her off would just be mean-spirited. And I'm pretty sure she's already confirmed to pop up in Spencer's run.