Page 328 of 833 FirstFirst ... 228278318324325326327328329330331332338378428828 ... LastLast
Results 4,906 to 4,920 of 12488

People are already having a tiff on twitter about vulcan understandably so. The gwurls are pressed
    Last edited by Reigna; 05-18-2022 at 12:34 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    People are already having a tiff on twitter about vulcan understandably so. The gwurls are pressed
    Good. It's past time they started putting some respect on the Goddess's name.

Man I can't wait to read this issue in a few hours lol I'm already fiending for issue #3

Astonishing Member

The schadenfreude of for once getting to be the ones watching others complain about a fave getting nerfed, instead of being the ones complaining about a fave getting nerfed.....

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    The schadenfreude of for once getting to be the ones watching others complain about a fave getting nerfed, instead of being the ones complaining about a fave getting nerfed.....
    the interesting thing is no one has been nerfed. storm is just finally being written in a manner that aligns to her actual powerset.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

So I am gonna be truthful and say the battle did not hit it for me, I loved the line of "I AM THE MOTHER" and how she simply overpowered breda with her will which is in charchter for storm. But I was hoping we get the whole Tempestous operatic battle we were promised, I was hoping to see a battle were storm is pushed to new heights but I guess we ain't gonna get that. Still loved the issue though.

But I will say though that the entire battle does make sense given context and considering their powersets storm is a weather manipulator which involves energy which is the very engine which drives weather itself and my husband is an energy manipulator. When push comes to shove it really is a battle of will and as we all know storm's will cant be broken.

Oh and a storm fan shut down the "storm doesnt manipulate energy" argument with this article.

https://t.co/qIdpqBbvF5

Mighty Member

So happy to see Storm no longer taking orders like back in X-men Gold days when kitty was leading. No naps or being unsure. This is the Storm I grew up with. Thank you Ewing.

And Storm has always been able to see the world as energy, so this is not a stretch and full into her powers. If anything, being challenged every day has made her stronger and more confident than before. Mother has definitely arrived!

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    So happy to see Storm no longer taking orders like back in X-men Gold days when kitty was leading. No naps or being unsure. This is the Storm I grew up with. Thank you Ewing.

And Storm has always been able to see the world as energy, so this is not a stretch and full into her powers. If anything, being challenged every day has made her stronger and more confident than before. Mother has definitely arrived!
    Yeah like they should have known that she had been fighting and beating many mutants day in day out a few of which are likely omega themselves. She simply cant be overcome at this point especially when it's a battle of will.

Astonishing Member

I kinda wouldn't have minded a call back to Storm's infamous first fight with a Summers brother:

"I beat your big brother when I didn't even HAVE my powers, what made you think you stood a chance when I DID have them?"

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I kinda wouldn't have minded a call back to Storm's infamous first fight with a Summers brother:

"I beat your big brother when I didn't even HAVE my powers, what made you think you stood a chance when I DID have them?"
    I gagged that would have been an excellent call back.

Fantastic Member

Storm came, saw, and conquered. THE MOTHER! #TheOmegasOmega
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Lol they'll be alright

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think that immortal review thread going to take the cake. Selene fans will not be happy. Charles fans will most likely not be happy. Hope stans will definitely be happy, i like hope but i found some parts cringe. And i honestly don't know how the exodus fans going to feel. lol. So yeah i'm anticipating that thread getting lit.
    Damn sounds like today gonna be THAT day lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    Damn sounds like today gonna be THAT day lol
    when people read basically how the resurrection process was spoilers:
    violated in the most heinous way with basically an infant mind being attacked before they could gather their awareness. How long before this becomes a thing for hope. We need someone to replace her at this point on resurrections. And anyone who had a problem with sabretooth in the pit should really have a problem with what happened with selene. sure the situation is a bit different but to do what they did to selene just because they still need her definitely opens the door to, do mutants that are needed really have autonomy and freedom on krakoa and to use his pet to do it. He basically erased everthing hope stood for and beyond regressed her in one issue. From maddie is a person to selene needs to be the person we want her to be. And the bootlicking sinister from xavier over chimeras. "Are you going to create a worse problem for us." The hypocrisy."
    end of spoilers and he is def a good writer because he knew what he was doing the problem is he bullied through it and it wasn't earned when a lot of the characters were not close to this during all of this era.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-18-2022 at 05:55 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Eh this made perfect sense to me. the man keeps talking about the fire in him, he needed hope to regulate him when terraforming and Storm can stir those energies in him and turn them into something else. They are lucky she didn't use the energy in him to create a storm in his body. I think it was handled very well and Ewing didn't job him he also made it clear storm is just use to working at a different level which is true. Vulcan was a new mutant when he went on his mission and died and when he was emperor he usually just overpowered people. Vulcan is literally a battery for someone like Storm.

Also vulcan can train his whole life and he will never be able to beat storm in a battle of wills. her will has been called indomitable since the word go. \\

And I LOVED how it looks like she was analyzing his energy. before she let him know. caselli really blew it out of the park i still know what my favorite panel was and can't wait to share. it's a simple one too but i was just staring at it. The best storm new costume has looked. Loved the little tweaks like making the black part looks more like an x with the cut outs.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-18-2022 at 05:53 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/