Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Surprising nobody who has read my past posts, I'd love to see a Slingers relaunch -- but the original team has to continue to be the initial foundation. Adding both Scarlet Spiders would be awesome, and there are other young spider-adjacent characters to include to round out the supporting and rotating casts. Do it right, and it can simultaneously be a book that isn't afraid to go where Amazing Spider-Man can't (or won't) while also delving into the mythos and lore of Spidey comics to the point of being a "Spider-Man Universe" sort of title.

(Andi Benton and Anya Corazon should definitely join the Slingers -- as long as Anya gets her bug goggles back. A friendship between the two would be great.)

I've also long desired to see a New Warriors Initiative title that showcases young heroes from across the Marvel landscape while using classic NW members -- and some additions from Avengers: the Initiative -- as the main cast.

But, to be honest, right now I mostly just want to see the continuation of Runaways with the same creative team. This volume has been the best since the departure of BKV, and I hate to lose it -- and the kids again.

-Pav, who enjoyed seeing the Livewires again after all these years in Agents of Wakanda...
    It'd be even better if the Slingers fought against Mephisto again.

Mighty Member

Tbh, I'm not optimistic enough about the comic industry to have such expectations. The only title I'm desperate to see relaunched is X-Statix/The X-Cellent, and that's because it was announced and then followed with dead silence. Similarly, I felt the same about Milestone when it's relaunch was announced far too many years ago. That's basically how it has to go for me to feel anything close to desperation or anxiousness for a title.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    When you put it like that, I'm really not seeing a point. Avengers are supposed to be the Special Forces anyway. Are they the "mightiest" or not?
    No one would confuse the Kookie Quartet for Special Forces. Seriously, I get that the analogy may be lost on you, but sometimes "mightiest" is just slick marketing and not fact.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I don't know about desperate but an Defenders team closer to the classic line-ups in character type at least. I always felt Cloak would make a great Defender, especially visually (and Nightcrawler).
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 09-20-2020 at 10:42 PM.

Young Avengers
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So Guardian has gone rogue, and Northstar and Aurora are with X-Factor. Looks like AF would be missing a few classic members if it relaunched right now.
    James is a part of JANUS, so I’ve a feeling we might see some of him. Maybe it’ll be a lead up to a relaunch.

You'll want to pick up The Union in December then.
    I'll definitely give it some consideration, Digifiend. Thanks for the recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Yup. Kill Krew was awesome too. Wouldn't mind Duggan writing a proper Punisher title
    That'd be great. After the departure of Ennis, I never thought I'd ever read another Punisher storyline with a sense of humor.

But darn it, Duggan made it work and it was quite entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Get Anya Corazon a new solo, too, preferably under her original superhero alias Arana.
    To the utmost, I agree! And bring back the carapace while you're at it...

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    Nova - the real one. Rich Ryder. let's make him the figurehead. expand the Nova corps. give some rivals.
    Another great idea, Whim. IF things don't work out with GOTG, then Rich Rider's Nova can safely segue into another cosmic odyssey/ongoing series...

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-21-2020 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Nova—a book about the Corps, but the main focus would be on Rich. Writer: Chip Zdarsky, Artist: Carlo Magno
    Darkhawk—building Chris into a real cosmic hero. Writer: Gerry Duggan, Artist: Cory Smith
    Infinity Watch—a book where Adam Warlock combines some well known cosmic characters, with some more obscure ones thrown in as well. Writer: Greg Pak, Artist: Matteo Buffagni

Uncanny X-Men (classic hero action based in the US)
    Thunderbolts (Kurt and Fabian based)
    X-Statix (with the resurrection protocols being used to bring them all back)
    Exiles (not necessarily mutant related but it’d be cool to have a group of characters with nowhere to call home)
    Spider-Man 2099 (dealing with Miguel stuck in the present and integrating into the MU)

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Silver Surfer
    Moon Knight - Jason Aaron?
    Yes, Silver Surfer I agree
    Moon Knight but not Jason Aaron. If his use of him in Avengers is to convince me he knows Moon Knight he has failed.

Darkhawk
    Deathlok (Henry Hayes &/or Michael Collins)
    Thunderbolts
    Nova Corps (led by Rich Rider)
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    Silver Surfer might be Ewing with Nico Henrichon. Al Ewing is a top notch sci-fi marvel writers and Nico Henrichon is really good at writing weird stuff. So both of them are supposed to be a winner.
    Ewing is always a great choice.I think a team up with Kenneth Rocafort again would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Ewing is always a great choice.I think a team up with Kenneth Rocafort again would be awesome.
    Facts, I loved Rocafort on The Ultimates. If they would have drop America and maybe Carol I think the book would still be running. The team dynamic was janky, and both characters carried some dumb agendas with them. Scale the Avengers back to being earth based team 85% of the time. Add Deathshead 2, and Nova while swapping out America and Carol. With this roster why couldn't we get this book again nobody is "really" using any of these characters to any significance.
    Last edited by dkrook; 09-21-2020 at 07:12 AM.

Astonishing Member

Bringing back the First Line would be great. Byrne create a plethora of awesome characters that are just being wasted.

Looks like you've forgotten how Marvel: The Lost Generation ended.
    spoilers:
    Most of them died thwarting a Skrull invasion.
    end of spoilers
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/First_Line_(Earth-616)
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Looks like you've forgotten how Marvel: The Lost Generation ended.
    spoilers:
    Most of them died thwarting a Skrull invasion.
    end of spoilers
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/First_Line_(Earth-616)
    It's comics. Characters neither stay dead or in their own time period.