Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Bringing back the First Line would be great. Byrne create a plethora of awesome characters that are just being wasted.

I would be happy if they would not only bring them back but put their 12 issues into TPB.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Ewing is always a great choice.I think a team up with Kenneth Rocafort again would be awesome.
    If Rocafort's version of Galactus is any indication, then his run on Silver Surfer would be legendary (including all things Marvel Cosmic, for that matter ).

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Facts, I loved Rocafort on The Ultimates. If they would have drop America and maybe Carol I think the book would still be running. The team dynamic was janky, and both characters carried some dumb agendas with them. Scale the Avengers back to being earth based team 85% of the time. Add Deathshead 2, and Nova while swapping out America and Carol. With this roster why couldn't we get this book again nobody is "really" using any of these characters to any significance.
    Rocafort! Death's Head! Rich Rider's Nova! That is an awesome team, dkrook. I'd have no choice but to pick this up. A great time, if this were to happen.

BANNED

Ewing is always a great choice.I think a team up with Kenneth Rocafort again would be awesome.
    Oh, buddy, I don't how to say this to you, but Kenneth Rocafort is with a bad crowd now after he made a variant cover with EvS. I don't think Marvel wants to hire him again after what EvS crowds did to their editors and writers.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    Oh, buddy, I don't how to say this to you, but Kenneth Rocafort is with a bad crowd now after he made a variant cover with EvS. I don't think Marvel wants to hire him again after what EvS crowds did to their editors and writers.
    Has Rocafort come out and said that he aligns his personal/political views with Ethan Van Sciver? I think we have to be careful not to draw any early conclusions until we know for sure. I mean it's not like we should trash all of the creative talent at Marvel for being in a "bad crowd" because of Ike Perlmutter. As someone who has worked for and with blatant undesirables (i.e., racists) at least short term, I can honestly say that even in America in 2020 it's almost unavoidable. They say cockroaches are the only thing that can survive a nuclear holocaust, but I'm thinking that racism is the only other thing that would survive a nuclear holocaust.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Has Rocafort come out and said that he aligns his personal/political views with Ethan Van Sciver? I think we have to be careful not to draw any early conclusions until we know for sure. I mean it's not like we should trash all of the creative talent at Marvel for being in a "bad crowd" because of Ike Perlmutter. As someone who has worked for and with blatant undesirables (i.e., racists) at least short term, I can honestly say that even in America in 2020 it's almost unavoidable. They say cockroaches are the only thing that can survive a nuclear holocaust, but I'm thinking that racism is the only other thing that would survive a nuclear holocaust.
    Actually a good point there. Just because someone works with someone else on a professional level, doesn't necessarily mean they agree on a personal or political level. Like you said, we could easily write off all of Marvel as a corporation on account of Perlmutter, but that wouldn't be fair to all the good, hardworking, and skilled people working there, many of whom would disagree with Perlmutter's views. And yes, sadly, I'd agree that even after a nuclear holocaust, the old sociocultural/political hierarchies would still persist in some form or other.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So Guardian has gone rogue, and Northstar and Aurora are with X-Factor. Looks like AF would be missing a few classic members if it relaunched right now.
    Yeah, but a good writer could find a reason to bring everyone in in about two panels of exposition. I'd love another AF series, as well as Namor, T-Bolts, and Squadron Supreme (the real team, not the pretenders from the last run).

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Yes, Silver Surfer I agree
    Moon Knight but not Jason Aaron. If his use of him in Avengers is to convince me he knows Moon Knight he has failed.

Darkhawk
    Deathlok (Henry Hayes &/or Michael Collins)
    Thunderbolts
    Nova Corps (led by Rich Rider)
    What's his Moon Knight like in AVENGERS? I haven't been following.

My dream MK would be something David Lynchian in sensibilities and aesthetics. Not sure who I'd currently like to see on the book tbh.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Which team for SS?
    Jason Latour doing an ongoing SS would be a treat.

Silver Surfer might be Ewing with Nico Henrichon. Al Ewing is a top notch sci-fi marvel writers and Nico Henrichon is really good at writing weird stuff. So both of them are supposed to be a winner.
    Agreed. I'd pull this book

Spectacular Member

Midnight Sons family of titles (Ghost Rider, Johnny Blaze, Morbius, Blade, Hellstorm)
    Sleepwalker
    Terror Inc.
    Nomad (Jack Monroe)
    Foolkiller
    The Hood

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    What's his[Jason Aaron] Moon Knight like in AVENGERS? I haven't been following.

My dream MK would be something David Lynchian in sensibilities and aesthetics. Not sure who I'd currently like to see on the book tbh.
    Aaron's Moon Knight is written like bad fanfiction by someone who read a Wiki article at best and spoke to someone for 15min.
    He's had him do things that Marc has never done or shown any tendancy or training to be able to do....with or without Khonshu's guidance.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Maybe not the place to put it, since its an X-Men title, but I want to see the X-23 solo series get restarted.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Mighty Member

It's been over a decade since they gave Blade a try. There was a twitter thread with Marvel writers being confused that none of their pitches made it off the ground, even when full creative teams were assembled.

Nova (Rider)
    New Warriors
    Namor
    Dark Hawk

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Anyone remember MODOKs 11?

Well, you should.

It was great and I want it BACK.