Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And no mask. The final GOTG costume fits the bill, it's light blue.
    Do you have a picture? I only see her in variations of Star Lords outfit.

although...hmmm, you know there's something iconically defiant about Kitty's UNIFORM being the classic black and yellow...an actual UNIFORM...free and apart in the in between (yes again she is Illyana's best friend and Kitty's in life limbo is kinda just as real as Magik's even though it's not so much a place as a persona...this power to phase and it's more ghostly affinities...well, this to phase or not to phase is an expression of defiant singularity and refusal...a rebellion that's, forever, 'more than a phase'

A big part of who Kitty is, is change and the risks of becoming 'ghost'...changing and trying out such things is dangerous stuff. Losing body and it's mortal membrane...yikes...and yet...of course.

With Kitty this sort of angsty Peter Pan display is not so much arrested development as a refusal to fall under spell of the 'dream'...hmmm, I don't think she believes in Fairy Tales and that's good-sad.

If she did...well then that'd be very bad-sad.

So I think I actually really secretly admire the iconic UNIFORM when it's worn by Kitty Pryde.

Yea, it's a uniform...for some reason I see that as hers...as a team, sure, it's classic New Mutants, but Kitty is classically not a New Mutant and classically kinda sorta almost core X-Men...but hmmm, choices choices choices....

Somehow I just know...underneath or over all the options...there's this very rightfully earned security of a container, a safe place, a known skin for the ghost or spirit to be in...a suit that in the mind is forgotten but known as necessary when needed to be...

So I vote not to choose...to keep the options and choices open...and for this...the classic New Mutants back and yellow...with a 'he's not a pet' Lockheed accessory.

No mask. Unstable molecules.

And of course, after hours, Band T-Shirts, jeans, sneakers and sweat pants.
    Last edited by sungila; 03-09-2019 at 01:15 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

If I had to pick her best costume, it would be her blue one when she was Shadowcat.

I also thought this was a good look on her (linked because it's so big)

https://abload.de/img/uncannyx-menannual18-bfu0y.jpg

My personal favorite costume for Kitty would be the one Art Adams designed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by K7P5V; 03-13-2019 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Made a correction.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    gotg-kitty.jpg
    That was my favourite as well.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    gotg-kitty.jpg
    Change the colors to blues and black and that could be perfect

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    Do you have a picture? I only see her in variations of Star Lords outfit.

Pony tail.

I appreciate the pony tail.

For real...that realism...that pragmatic concrete roll up the sleeves thing...that's Kitty.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Honestly, she should've kept that blue costume - just swap the Guardians logo for an X badge. Would've been much better than the student style uniform they went with for X-Men Gold.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I posted the original in a different thread, but figured I'd kill two birds with one stone and make a faux cover of it for Kitty's appreciation thread. Up next: Dani, Emma, Warren or Madelyne.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

I kind of want Kitty to go truly dark. It is time for her to embrace her Ninja/Samurai side and become DeathShadow and an assassin that can rival Mystique. That is what I would love to see from Kitty. Give her a black ninja outfit an adamantium or vibranium sword and make her truly deadly. I want to see a Kitty that can pull hearts out of peoples chests with impunity, with her phasing ability should be truly frightening as an assassin.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I kind of want Kitty to go truly dark. It is time for her to embrace her Ninja/Samurai side and become DeathShadow and an assassin that can rival Mystique. That is what I would love to see from Kitty. Give her a black ninja outfit an adamantium or vibranium sword and make her truly deadly. I want to see a Kitty that can pull hearts out of peoples chests with impunity, with her phasing ability should be truly frightening as an assassin.
    So are we saying that Xehanort shows up, removes Kitty's heart, and makes her a heartless assassin?

What a shame that there's supposedly legal issues stopping Kingdom Hearts from including Marvel (though I'm confused about that considering Square Enix are meant to be working on an Avengers project - which would mean they do have the rights to use Marvel).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    So are we saying that Xehanort shows up, removes Kitty's heart, and makes her a heartless assassin?
    No Kitty can phase people's hearts out of their chest. I just want Katherine Pryde Assassin! Heck have her work for Apocalypse as the new Death, I am perfectly ok with that. I just want them to try something new with Kitty.

BANNED

They'd already be doing something new by not having her stories revolve around men.