Page 480 of 573 FirstFirst ... 380430470476477478479480481482483484490530 ... LastLast
Results 7,186 to 7,200 of 8586
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

S.W.O.R.D. apparently goes to Fox with the X-Men material, but that seems really dumb. How can Fox do anything with S.W.O.R.D. if they can't use S.H.I.E.L.D.?

I'm interested in the apparently alien Man In Black who sent the Shieldies to the future. His name is "Enoch" according to the credits. I searched Marvel lore for Enochs and came up only with 1) Dr. Enoch Mason, a Golden Age character who was able to open doors between dimensions, and 2) A member of the Magic Resistance, fighting against the World Eater. Neither are matches, of course, but both have hints. This Enoch has a monolith which opens portals, and our world certainly appears to have been eaten. Could he be from the future, working to prevent the destruction of the Earth? If so, how would sending them into the future accomplish that? If Daisy really was responsible, he'd just have to kill her and be done with it.

And what about that grunt soldier with his bit about the fantasy draft? Would they waste a scene like that on a character who wasn't going to be significant? When we get the inevitable Fitz solo episode, be on the lookout for Fantasy Draft Guy.

And remember that proto-MODOK from last season is still out there somewhere. Not sure if they were grooming him to be a future Big Bad on AoS or on a possible Ghost Rider spinoff.

Deke is so reminiscent of Star Lord (deliberately, I'm sure) that I half expect him to reveal in the end that his last name is Quill.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I'm interested in the apparently alien Man In Black who sent the Shieldies to the future.
    The guy wears a human suit. That's not a guy from the future, and it's not a Kree. If I didn't know that it's very unlikely, I'd say he was a Skrull.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    im not sure how far theyve been sent, but it seems like the Kree outpost is considered a backwater, something on the fringe of the Kree Empire
    According to Deke the Outpost has been around for roughly 90 years. The shield crew been throw pretty far into the future.

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    The guy wears a human suit. That's not a guy from the future, and it's not a Kree. If I didn't know that it's very unlikely, I'd say he was a Skrull.
    I didn't say he was a human from the future. He could be from an alien race that is opposed to the Kree. I would entertain the possibility of him just being a do-gooder like the Shieldies, but it seems like in that case he would have come to them and explained the situation.

Maybe there are clues in the lyrics of the Talking Heads song that played over his montage... "Home, it's where I want to be, but I guess I'm already there."

In any case, it's clear that he wants Phil's team to succeed in whatever it is they were sent to the future for. There's a reason he didn't just kill them, and there had to be a reason Fitz was left behind. His organization resembles SHIELD... maybe it's SHIELD from the future? The reason they didn't simply ask Phil's team for help would be that refusal isn't an acceptable option. Every SHIELD director, including Phil, would understand that.

I don't know whether Enoch's intentions are benevolent or not... he didn't seem very sinister swimming laps in his pool or bobbing his head to his car radio. If he 's not an ally, he probably is at least someone whose agenda aligns with SHIELD's.
    Last edited by AndrewCrossett; 12-04-2017 at 10:41 AM.

I am tired of watching movies/shows where it's all about how dreadful the future is and it need sto be changed. I wish Shield would just go back to season 1 and take on all the new bad guys that show up.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    I am tired of watching movies/shows where it's all about how dreadful the future is and it need sto be changed. I wish Shield would just go back to season 1 and take on all the new bad guys that show up.
    I want to know wTF happened to Graviton. Hopefuly it turns out he destroyed the earth and Quake just gets blamed. Thats the only way that story line in season 1 wasnt a complete waste

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Decent start to the season. Lost no momentum from last season. I'm hoping there will be more of a link to the movies this time around, but I'm not holding my breath.

I like the idea of seeing characters like Starfox, etc.
    Yay! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    I don't care if it's connected to the movies anymore, it's enough that it is connected to the marvel universe and they are actually starting to explore more aspects of it. I mean just imagine it.

Agents of shield... a bunch of freaking spies and government agents, have brushed shoulders with asguardians and even had run ins with the kree.

This ONE show has touched upon more areas of the marvel universe than all the marvel netflix shows combined, and the inhumans show.

The ambition of this show absolutely F*cking astounds me. They are not cowed into being small little corners making SURE to keep their scope lowered to the ground like the marvel shows, nothing too exotic, best not scare anyone on netflix away, stay more mundane seems to be the motto there. While even fox with legion and the gifted is shooting for the fences.

Agents of Shield is the one island of expansiveness for marvel live action television that they control. Hydra, inhumans, hydra alien trapped on a prison planet, the framework, aida, ghost rider, some pockets of the magical spheres of the marvel universe, and now we are in space? Kree artifacts, kree people, destroyed worlds, time travel?

Do you all see how much more confident and fearless this show is? How they seem to WANT to explore and go farther? Not just grovel into the dirt, ashamed of being part of something grander than some sort of low fantasy vision of a comic world?

Shield reminds me more of a live action avengers earths mightiest heroes or young justice than a typical marvel show. Those animated shows spanned far and wide. If this is the last season, I am grateful for them for bucking the trend of mundane muggle focused characters and scope. Even a team of mostly human agents with no powers seen to live in a more magical and powered world than daredevil, jessica jones, luke cage, iron fist, etc etc, and same with the punisher. And I'm not saying they are bad for it, but don't tell me they are not smaller and more timid scales and stories.
    Well said, Sammy. It really HAS developed into its own. It would be a shame to see it discontinued. Let's hope that speculation leads to it being picked up somewhere.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    Yay! Thank you!
    He'd need an updated costume, of course!
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I want to know wTF happened to Graviton. Hopefuly it turns out he destroyed the earth and Quake just gets blamed. Thats the only way that story line in season 1 wasnt a complete waste
    It seems Gravition was used so a movie a pick it up and no one bit.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    He'd need an updated costume, of course!
    Right! Just keep the hair the same!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Well, that was certainly something different.

I'm really curious wether they'll spend the entirety of the season up there.

I kinda have the feeling that the main reason they're doing this is to have a reason to not get into trouble for explaining why the Agents don't participate in the defense against Thanos.
    I got that feeling, too.

And I'd honestly prefer it if they don't spend the entire season up there. I know this is more personal preference than anything else, but I'm just not a fan of entire shows that take place inside of one tiny little enclosed area. Far too claustrophobic for me. Then (for me, anyways) it kind of defeats the purpose of being in space if you can't even leave your ship. I dunno, just wasn't feeling it.

That said, did they make a reference to the one Alien movie where Joss Whedon wrote the script? Now that part I really dug! XD
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Eh, personally speaking, season 1 of Agents of SHIELD was the worst, so I'd be glad if they didn't go down that route.

The show's had its ups and downs sure, but I appreciate when it goes into a different genre and then basically "Whedonizes" it, for lack of a better term. Political conspiracies, the supernatural, the alternate/fake reality, and now time travel/space genres all have their cliches, but the Agents seems to be trope saavy enough to make light of impossible situations without making it too silly. Of all the MCU shows, Agents of SHIELD is probably the most versatile in this regard.

I think this space adventure will only be one arc of the season, not the focus of the whole thing. Nick Blood will be rejoining as a cast member and he's not in future space, so they'll have to be back in the present for when he shows up. I think we will get another Ghost Rider arc too, to resolve whatever it was Phil promised him.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

very good episode, hoping jemma survives
    we can be heroes, just for one day