Page 5106 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 4106460650065056509651025103510451055106510751085109511051165156 ... LastLast
Results 76,576 to 76,590 of 77781

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    So #2 is still an 8,000 unit improvement? I guess #171 is the magic number to take out of incentives but, either way, there's still a relaunch boost.

Yeah, I'm aware of Hickman's story. But I'm talking about the entire Marvel continuity and not just his story. Coates's story fits in with what everyone else has done where Hickman's story doesn't fit in with Marvel continuity unless you take advantage that things aren't literally stated in order to interpret it in a less than intuitive way.
    Yeah the problem I'd that they had to do a second renumbering of Coates story on order to save it, which Given the numbers itd going to drop like a sack of bricks back down to low Numbers before the story is done or before marvel pulls another lifeline save instead of getting a bew creative team

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I'm beginning to think that there are some readers who are actually intimidated by a capable T'challa.

They're more comfortable with a milquetoast character who's anything but alpha male.

No one is fooled by the shenanigans at this point.

We just kick back with the aquatic homie Namor and..... laugh.
    Ph for sure Maj, whenever dedicated fans talk sbout how Coates writes T'Challa is far frkm his capabilities snd that the threats he needs s whole team to face he has faced greater with less or no help or had the Lions share of the work out in, we are accused of wanting Tchalla to be a Mary sue

Quote Originally Posted by iblogalot View Post
    You might be confusing Black Panther with Blade there. Millar had pitched a Blade miniseries years ago, to be done with John Romita Jr., but the brass pressed them to do that first Wolverine miniseries instead. He then said he planned to use Blade in that series, but then ended up not using him, but said he still had "big Blade plans." Later, Millar praised Reggie Hudlin's Black Panther, when it started, and said something about how he'd hoped to do the first "top 10 Black superhero book" with Blade, but Reggie beat him to it with BP. He did eventually write a Blade story in Ultimate Avengers, but it wasn't all that great, in my opinion.

Anyway, now Millar is firmly working on creator-owned stuff for Netflix, and said he doubts he'll ever write for DC or Marvel again.

But speaking of unconventional writers for BP, you know who'd I like to see take a shot at it? Warren Ellis. Secret societies, advanced technologies, arcane religious practices, that's all right up his ally. In fact, he already wrote a story about a secret technologically advanced city of Black people in Planetary #17. This would be a natural expansion of those ideas.
    Yeah it was actually Mark Waid
    But Marvel wants poc on poc books so he got passed over... I would take Waid over Coates for sure

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    completely off the cuff speculation... to me, this tells me there are about 18k hardcore comic black panther fans
    Or you have folks that finally realized what Coates was doing and had ZERO interest.

You can pull that stealth Midnight Angle or Storm solo ONCE and get away with it. Now that many see it for what it was-no one is going to trust you a second time around. Especially when there is no Storm solo going on.

So folks expected to see the same crap in this volume and didn't bother. Right now it's on Coates to present a better Black Panther-because no one wants a Stealth whatever book or a waterdown Panther.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah it was actually Mark Waid
    But Marvel wants poc on poc books so he got passed over... I would take Waid over Coates for sure
    All that would have done was get a certain faction who will not be named even more riled up in Waid hate. If not them the "problack" group would be mad even if they never read Coates run. Just the fact a black writer was on it is good enough for them.

Prediction:
    spoilers:
    By issue #6, the title will be selling less than before the relaunch
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Coates story doesn't fit in with everything else, The Ultimates title being evidence of that. The only book that had real leftover ramifications was Squadron Supreme.

Everyone else just moved on from the Incursions and everything prior.

Did Captain America ever bring up the fact that he was mindwiped by the Illuminati?

The question isn't whether Cap brings up being mindwiped by the Illuminati. The question is whether Cap ever brings up the time he lost the supersoldier serum and was aged up because that occurred after the first incursion.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Ultimate Member

https://shadowandact.com/luke-cage-s...-of-bushmaster

Luke Cage's newest villain, Bushmaster, is one of the best additions to the Marvel Netflix show. But the actor behind Bushmaster, Mustafa Shakir, said to Digital Spy that he auditioned for several prominent superhero roles, and after losing them, he felt like "the doors were closing in" on his goal of playing in the comic book arena.

Shakir also auditioned for Cress Williams' lead role in The CW's Black Lightning and Winston Duke's role as M'Baku in Marvel's Black Panther.

Shakir admitted Duke "killed it" in the role of M'Baku, saying "I couldn't even imagine doing that," but he was sure he'd get Black Lightning. "I usually don't, but I campaigned for it. I was pretty sure I was going to get it. I was close," he said. "But I didn't get it. They said that I was a little too dark for the role. It just crushed my heart. There's not a lot of black superheroes in the comic book lexicon, so I felt like the doors were closing..."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    May I invite you to my DEVIANT ART PAGE
    Now, that's some good stuff.

I can dig it.

BANNED

Dude would have made a better Black Lightning than that milquetoast cat the got playing the role.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Or you have folks that finally realized what Coates was doing and had ZERO interest.

You can pull that stealth Midnight Angle or Storm solo ONCE and get away with it. Now that many see it for what it was-no one is going to trust you a second time around. Especially when there is no Storm solo going on.

So folks expected to see the same crap in this volume and didn't bother. Right now it's on Coates to present a better Black Panther-because no one wants a Stealth whatever book or a waterdown Panther.
    Quoted for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    May I invite you to my DEVIANT ART PAGE
    Prowler and Black Cat? I'm glad for you, Hobie .

(His suit looks more like the Beetle though).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Dude would have made a better Black Lightning than that milquetoast cat the got playing the role.
    I think Cress Williams did a great job as Jefferson (and his Black Lightning persona was anything but milquetoast) .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Prediction:
    spoilers:
    By issue #6, the title will be selling less than before the relaunch
    end of spoilers
    You're probably right my brother.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Prowler and Black Cat? I'm glad for you, Hobie .

(His suit looks more like the Beetle though).

I think Cress Williams did a great job as Jefferson (and his Black Lightning persona was anything but milquetoast) .
    I totally respect your opinion but, I lost interest in dude and was more enthused by the female cast members.

I stopped watching the show pretty quickly because it bored me to tears.