The Mexican James Bond Guapo Méndez's Avatar

The last three paragraphs look like Trump wrote them. Did they check the letter for crayon marks?

Cthulhu's Accountant Shining Trapezohedron's Avatar

The exhibit, adds Louise Mirrer, the president and CEO of the New-York Historical Society, “is about the ease with which the rhetoric of hatred, directed against a particular group—in this case, of course, the Jews—can permeate a national discourse and become ‘normal’ for ordinary people.”
    This “normalization,” however, is perhaps most apparent in the hate-filled toys and books designed for children. The exhibit features a 1938 book, whose first page states: “Just as it is often hard to tell a toadstool [a poisonous mushroom] from an edible mushroom, so too is it often very hard to recognize the Jew as a swindler and criminal.” The book, aptly titled The Poisonous Mushroom, adds, “The God of the Jews is money.” The exhibited book opens to an illustration of a blond boy, with basket in hand, holding a mushroom as a woman, evoking Renaissance depictions of saints, points to the fungus.

“The strongest manifestation of anti-Semitism in the exhibition is in the children’s books,” says Mirrer. “Anti-Semitism really has to be introduced at the earliest possible moment in the education of German children.”
    Whereas objects in the exhibit, like anti-Semitic faces depicted on ashtrays or walking sticks, where the handle is made of an elongated Jewish nose, reflect longstanding European stereotypical tropes, the children’s books exemplify the culmination of the desensitization that took place leading up to and during World War II.

You kind of lose the capacity to feel appalled. And then you just believe it,” Mirrer says. “Being exposed to such appalling comparisons over an extended period of time desensitized even the most well-meaning of people, so that comparisons like the Jew and the poisonous mushroom eventually came to seem ‘normal.’”

The children’s books, she adds, proved an effective tool for convincing young Germans that Jews were poisonous to the country. “Children, as we know from research on learning, have to be taught prejudice,” she says.

Rendell agrees. “Hitler Youth recruits were fanatical,” he says. And those who were exposed to the books as children went on to military roles. Rendell’s museum includes in its collections toy soldiers, dolls, and a board game where the pieces move along a swastika.

“Board games and toys for children served as another way to spread racial and political propaganda to German youth,” notes a page on the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum’s website. “Toys were also used as propaganda vehicles to indoctrinate children into militarism.” The program, which “won over” millions of young Germans, expanded from 50,000 Hitler Youth in January 1933 to 5.4 million youth in 1936, when German authorities disbanded competing organizations for children, the website adds.
    http://www.smithsonianmag.com/histor...ren-180959539/

80% of Pewdiepies followers are below the age of 20

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    Why pay attention to what daily stormer says, they are a bunch of nutjobs, also i would
    Not call it normalization, is just black comedy, is suppose to be unrespectful
    Read. Above.
    Last edited by Shining Trapezohedron; 02-14-2017 at 06:43 AM.

The Mexican James Bond Guapo Méndez's Avatar

Nah mate, one thing is listening to him and another is believing what he says, i just found funny when he goes super saiying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhqUk28OwHs
    Nah, you'd have to go through a lot of chaff to get to the lulz, and frankly, that man doesn't deserve that level of attention.

Yes, yes, the hitler youth is coming back is not simple histeria, but i will give you that pewdiepie demographic is young and he have made videos before adressing the language he use, he probably should have know better.

Yes, yes, the hitler youth is coming back is not simple histeria, but i will give you that pewdiepie demographic is young and he have made videos before adressing the language he use, he probably should have know better.
    You are intentionally missing the point, then downplaying it.
    I'd call you ignorant, but I think you know exactly what you're doing. You're just playing at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guapo Méndez View Post
    Nah, you'd have to go through a lot of chaff to get to the lulz, and frankly, that man doesn't deserve that level of attention.
    Just search in youtube "alex jones copilation", you dont even habe to enter to his channel

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Trapezohedron View Post
    You are intentionally missing the point, then downplaying it.
    I'd call you ignorant, but I think you know exactly what you're doing. You're just playing at it.
    Well can you explain to me with your own words? I asked tendrin about and i am waiting for an answer, englsih is not my first language so i might be missing the meaning on some words.

Well can you explain to me with your own words? I asked tendrin about and i am waiting for an answer
    I linked it to you!

READ it!

Its COMPLETELY explained there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Trapezohedron View Post
    I linked it to you!

READ it!

Its COMPLETELY explained there.
    All right then.

BANNED

Calm down, nobody is going to become a nazi because of a nazi joke.
    Evidence says otherwise.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    IM BACK

and yes, it actually took GamerGate (and some stuff that happened before) for me to see (in my mid 30s) that the gaming fandom is toxic AF and needs to be addressed
    Welcome back, my friend.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Evidence says otherwise.
    As the the case of many Jewish jokes that show some Jewish foible to be an amusing eccentricity rather than a threat. Jokes become popular because they soften things, making reality, with all its divisions, less of a threat.

BANNED

Why pay attention to what daily stormer says, they are a bunch of nutjobs, also i would
    Not call it normalization, is just black comedy, is suppose to be unrespectful
    It doesn't matter what you call it, it's the effect it has. And it also does not matter whether you pay attention to the Stormer or just stick your head in the sand and hope they go away.

BANNED

Just search in youtube "alex jones copilation", you dont even habe to enter to his channel
    Wouldn't his copulation tapes be banned on youtube?

BANNED

As the the case of many Jewish jokes that show some Jewish foible to be an amusing eccentricity rather than a threat. Jokes become popular because they soften things, making reality, with all its divisions, less of a threat.
    You... are not saying Jews are a thread, are you? Please tell me I am misreading you here.