Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Not sure if it's an "idea" but the first year of New 52 Justice League was pretty bad. A bad attempt to replicate a Whedonesque Summer blockbuster that aggravated me in every issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Can we add his idea of an Englishman's accent in Doomsday Clock #9 as an honorable mention?
    Is it as stereotypical as his Earth One Alfred ?
    A dangling plot thread he introduced that he couldn't even be bothered take care of himself
    I honestly wonder if that was a DC editorial thing, but given Johns addressed it twice I guess it had to be something he created.
    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Taking away Cyborg's personality and friendships by shoving him on a team that still does him no good.
    I don't think that was Johns' intention, at least. Just a consequence of DC editorial not wanting Cyborg involved with the Titans at all.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericFailures View Post
    Not sure if it's an "idea" but the first year of New 52 Justice League was pretty bad. A bad attempt to replicate a Whedonesque Summer blockbuster that aggravated me in every issue.
    We have been over this before. The first year of Justice League was clearly Jim Lee doing back seat plotting. The rest of Justice League you can probably blame on Johns.

Astonishing Member

I will say, Wonder Woman x Superman is the most Jim Lee thing to ever Jim Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I will say, Wonder Woman x Superman is the most Jim Lee thing to ever Jim Lee.
    Well, he was the first artist to depict the relationship .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, he was the first artist to depict the relationship .
    It's just straight out of Wildstorm. Mr. Majestic, the wannabe Superman, hooking up with BOTH of the major Amazon expys in that universe (Nemesis and Zealot) on and off a dozen times. Then, blam, Wildstorm and DC merge, Jim Lee's working on the Justice League, and suddenly Superman is shacking up with Wonder Woman. I'm a bit ashamed I know all of this but I ate up Wildstorm as a teenager and am all too aware of this stuff.

Interesting to see just about everything he's ever written being mentioned here.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Interesting to see just about everything he's ever written being mentioned here.
    I dont think anyone has mentioned Green Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldoaad View Post
    I dont think anyone has mentioned Green Lantern
    Or the JSA. Or Aquaman (aside from him leaving the book) .

Astonishing Member

His JSA and Wally run are pretty widely beloved by fans of those franchises so they don't get a lot of ire. Anyone who doesn't like them had no investment in those characters anyhow.

I've seen his GL run trashed from time to time. Claims of ripping off Moore or just general dislike of the color coded adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or the JSA. Or Aquaman (aside from him leaving the book) .
    War of the 7 seas will never happen

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I've seen his GL run trashed from time to time. Claims of ripping off Moore or just general dislike of the color coded adventures.
    Yeah, as popular as the Emotional Spectrum is/was it's also not something that's universally beloved.

Even some Hal fans didn't enjoy the Emotional Spectrum, the re-emphasizing of the GL's as space cops, the Guardians going off the rails, or the "shilling" of Sinestro.

New 52 version of Captain Marvel. Everything about that character is trash.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

His The Dastardly Death of the Rogues is probably the best Flash storyline since Rogue’s War, tho. I just think the latter half was bum rushed to make room for Flashpoint/Nu52.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    His The Dastardly Death of the Rogues is probably the best Flash storyline since Rogue’s War, tho. I just think the latter half was bum rushed to make room for Flashpoint/Nu52.
    Damning with faint praise there