Page 81 of 233 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 3484
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I am in the middle of a reread of GL Earth One vol 1. It really does hold up. I honestly can't believe the 2011 movie passed up the Manhunters as the primary baddies in favor of jumping to Parallax right away. I mean, that was smack dab in the middle of Transformers being an excuse to print money.

Unfortunately there are many things about that movie that are hard to believe. The fact that it exists being No.1 perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    man, i'm really looking forward to this.

https://www.newsarama.com/50293-dc-f...e-vol-two.html

glad that we have this and green lantern 80th anniversary special.
    I used to look forward to Apokolips War too. Hal will probably last for a little longer here though.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I used to look forward to Apokolips War too. Hal will probably last for a little longer here though.
    i wasn't really that excited with apokolips war when wb didn't announce any voice actor for hal. plus the past few animated movies have been a bit disappointing...

hopefully gl earth one is different. volume one was a fun read.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I am in the middle of a reread of GL Earth One vol 1. It really does hold up. I honestly can't believe the 2011 movie passed up the Manhunters as the primary baddies in favor of jumping to Parallax right away. I mean, that was smack dab in the middle of Transformers being an excuse to print money.
    The Manhunters are more like Terminators then Transformers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Manhunters are more like Terminators then Transformers.
    The regular variety, yes, but the larger models are very much Transformer-esque, which Earth One nailed perfectly.

Preview of "Last Will" by Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis for the 80th anniversary GL special.

The team that brought you Sinestro Corps War and Blackest Night reunite to deliver one more story featuring the Emerald Warrior. Hal Jordan crashes onto an unknown planet with only enough power in his ring to send three messages out.

Extraordinary Member

Preview of "Last Will" by Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis for the 80th anniversary GL special.

I don't get.

I found it refreshing Hal did not use the ring to manifest an image of Sinestro. These are just previews.

However, Hal did use the ring to manifest the image that other fear monger, Batman.

I enjoy the two fear mongers, but not the way Geoff writes them in relation to Hal.

Where is Oliver & Barry?

Johns and Reis, back together .

It's nice to see Saint Walker again...they even remember Simon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I don't get.

I found it refreshing Hal did not use the ring to manifest an image of Sinestro. These are just previews.

However, Hal did use the ring to manifest the image that other fear monger, Batman.

I enjoy the two fear mongers, but not the way Geoff writes them in relation to Hal.

Where is Oliver & Barry?
    Maybe Hal is just sending messages to the people he still feels he needs to say something to. Maybe Hal doesn't have any last words he wants to burden Ollie and Barry with.

I'm curious if the last one is going to be Sinestro, Carol, or Jim.

Assuming the Batman construct will be a callback to the original Rebirth mini-series.

Looking forward to seeing some more Reis GL art, probably in my top artists for GL.

Whoever happens to be the 3rd person to receive the message, Johns writing a character-driven Hal story is interesting to me.

While I am really looking forward to see Johns & Reis get together for one more Hal story, I don't get Geoff's fixation on Hal vs Bats. I liked the overall arc he created for them over the span of his New 52 run, but I don't think there's much more there to plum. We get it, Hal's all about overcoming fear while Bats is all about creating fear to give him an advantage.

This comes out in July, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    While I am really looking forward to see Johns & Reis get together for one more Hal story, I don't get Geoff's fixation on Hal vs Bats. I liked the overall arc he created for them over the span of his New 52 run, but I don't think there's much more there to plum. We get it, Hal's all about overcoming fear while Bats is all about creating fear to give him an advantage.

This comes out in July, right?
    End of June I believe.

https://www.cbr.com/geoff-johns-gree...n-anniversary/

I always saw them, in many ways, as opposites and, yeah, the story is about...this spoils the whole story [laughs.] But if you could leave a message for three people, who would those three people be and what would you say? And I think as much as they are different and go about things differently and operate differently and are motivated by different things, I find that Hal and Bruce...there's a real deep understanding between the two and a respect between the two as different as they are. And I love that Hal would not die without saying something to him about it and wanting to say something about it and wanting to be kind of truthful with Bruce about how he feels about him.

I think there's something extremely profound about that for Hal and it reveals it reveals a lot about Hal: He's got pride and he can be stubborn and he's got his ways but it doesn't mean he doesn't respect other ways or even be honest with himself about why he might have a little bit of resentment towards Batman.

Not sure about the resentment part, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe Hal is just sending messages to the people he still feels he needs to say something to. Maybe Hal doesn't have any last words he wants to burden Ollie and Barry with.

I'm curious if the last one is going to be Sinestro, Carol, or Jim.
    I would think he'd touch bases with Jim before Batman.

Hopefully, the last message is to Carol.