Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    I will throw another bone here and say Jack Knight. Guy just go to limbo because of Stargirl.
    Jack's story ended. He gave up the gig, and grew up. I love STARMAN but it has a really beautiful and defined ending.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Barring a bare handful of writers; Damian Wayne. Otherwise, he's either written badly out of character (see Bendis) or keeps redoing the same "violent kid to having redemption" arc over and over.

Jason Todd. Outside of Scott Lobdell and bit parts under Tom Taylor, writers are either stuck with the "Jason was always angry" BS that DC pushed after they killed him off (and victim blamed him), or make him into a meathead of sorts.

Donna Troy is probably at the top though. It doesn't help they keep changing her origin every couple of years too.

I'm Guessing You are one of those that only reads the main titles so are unaware of the great many writers who have written Damian since Rebirth.

below are a few who not only did something different with him but wrote him to perfection.
    Orlando
    Esposito
    Priest
    mordeci
    King
    Seeley
    Snyder
    Tynion
    Kelly
    Higgings
    Jurgens
    taylor
    Percy
    Nguyen

Unlike a character like Jason who has had like 10 writers and the one story arc since he returned. Damian has been handled by so many and only bendis has written him out of Character.

Glass is a special case since he was mandated to write Damian in a manner that'll lead to him losing the Robin mantle so unclear what his normal Damian's like.

Damian is one of the more consistent bat characters and at the same time one of the more refreshing when you consider the sheer number of writers who use him and the variety of stories we have.

Bruce is dealing with the same truma and gotham is once again being taken over.
    Jason is whinning about dying, dealing daddy issues and Jokers as per always

Damian has tried to change the LOA to good and has been overthrown
    Damian has quit Robin after becoming the only Robin to truly attempt an actual alternative to Killing and batman's methods
    Damian is an emotionally well adjusted batman who sews and has a loving relationship.

Those are 3 different Damian's in publication right now and all are an evolution of the character. can you give me just one other bat Character that is delivering such variety or that is showing such evolution?

Jason Todd and Tim drake

Extraordinary Member

Just putting Power Girl up there as an example. DC hasn't even really tried to do anything with her, much less done it.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Nguyen
    Do you mean Dini? I thought Street of Gotham were written by Dini and Nguyen is the artist. Or you're talking about Little Gotham?
    By the way, you forgot Gleason.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Damian has quit Robin after becoming the only Robin to truly attempt an actual alternative to Killing and batman's methods
    Jason?

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Do you mean Dini? I thought Street of Gotham were written by Dini and Nguyen is the artist. Or you're talking about Little Gotham?
    By the way, you forgot Gleason.

Jason?
    No I meant Nguyen since he gave us batman tales recently. I was Only listing writers who have written Damian since 2016.

Jason has never tried to to find another option to batman's methods. He abides by the Rules hence why he has a bat symbol and uses non lethal Rounds.

It would be easier to list characters that they do know what to do with.

If we are talking about characters who would be very difficult to fit in to continuity based on their original incarnation, then I would pick: Kid Eternity and Prez.

Mighty Member

Black Lightning - The character has been around since 1977, and has a popular tv show going on three years (not cancelled after one) and heroes like Deadman have had more runs than him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    It would be easier to list characters that they do know what to do with.

yeah, i guess that would be a very short list.

Reading through all your thoughts here's the ones I agree with the most-

Jamie Reyes
    Cyborg
    Donna Troy
    Ray Palmer
    Power Girl
    Tim Drake
    Black Lightning
    Deadman

Now I don't think that all these folks deserve their own solo monthly, but I think these are amazing strong characters that DC has just done a crap job of figuring out their place in the DCU. They certainly deserve some regular ink. But since it seems 90% of all titles are Bats/Supes driven these days, I don't know if they would roll the dice to put them somewhere.