Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

I'd really prefer not having him transform and just do a mask...which probably means they're going to go full Hulk with it.

Mighty Member

Wasn't Harry a transformation in Amazing 2? I've always been partial to the mask myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'd really prefer not having him transform and just do a mask...which probably means they're going to go full Hulk with it.
    Yea prefer the mask. I like the idea of him being a titan of industry during the day and goes nuts and throws a mask on to terrorize the city at night. The actual goblin thing. No matter if its the Hulk size one from the Ultimates or what they were doing TASM 2 with Harry. Just not a fan.

Hulkgoblin would seem pretty generic in my opinion, and Peter's fought tougher CGI bad guys in the MCU at this point.

With the emphasis on his villains being tech based I'd expect a more classic Green Goblin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I think Norman was less sane than he let on in Spectacular...it's just not as spelled out for us. The fact that he was in his "right mind" when doing things like providing military grade technology to gang bangers for the sole purpose of killing one guy. It would have been interesting to see Hobgoblin brush off some of Norman's dealings as crazy and have him eventually doing the exact same thing but alas... I did find the theme of "masks" interesting as both Norman and Quentin Beck acted differently when they were unmasked than when they were in their alter egos...but in Mysterio's case it was pretty much clear that he was playing a character, while Norman was trying to rationalize and explain things that he's done.
    Yeah, no really sane man would act the way he does as the Green Goblin. Plus the obsession with killing Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hulkgoblin would seem pretty generic in my opinion, and Peter's fought tougher CGI bad guys in the MCU at this point.

With the emphasis on his villains being tech based I'd expect a more classic Green Goblin.

Yeah, no really sane man would act the way he does as the Green Goblin. Plus the obsession with killing Spider-Man.
    Yea also i want Osborn to be a main stay. **** if they really want to connect him to Stark without making everything Tony fault. Make Osborne do a hostile take over of Stark Industries and consolidate it into Oscrop. Tony would be long gone so it wouldn't have anything to do with him really but would add an extra level of emotional connection for Peter. Also introduce Harry as a friend of Peter he hadn't seen in awhile. Don't just cut that connection completely. Would be cool if Peter respects Norman but then after stealing Stark ind. From Pepper Peter is conflicted. Anyway I want Norman to be the Lex Luther of The MCU. He just happens to also have another personality that more resembles the Joker that comes out at times. And Peter will find out but no one will belive Spider-man. So there a whole thing where everyone knows Norman is Evil but the public doesn't.. like Lex. Anyway all this only works if Sony and Marvrl are planning a long term relationship.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea also i want Osborn to be a main stay. **** if they really want to connect him to Stark without making everything Tony fault. Make Osborne do a hostile take over of Stark Industries and consolidate it into Oscrop. Tony would be long gone so it wouldn't have anything to do with him really but would add an extra level of emotional connection for Peter. Also introduce Harry as a friend of Peter he hadn't seen in awhile. Don't just cut that connection completely. Would be cool if Peter respects Norman but then after stealing Stark ind. From Pepper Peter is conflicted. Anyway I want Norman to be the Lex Luther of The MCU. He just happens to also have another personality that more resembles the Joker that comes out at times. And Peter will find out but no one will belive Spider-man. So there a whole thing where everyone knows Norman is Evil but the public doesn't.. like Lex. Anyway all this only works if Sony and Marvrl are planning a long term relationship.
    Evil Norman Osborn is far more dangerous than Green Goblin, and when written correctly is more interesting even when he's off his meds, like in Ellis' Thunderbolts. Being the MCU's Lex Luthor suits him, he's sort of both Lex Luthor and Joker combined. I'd like them delve into him having a twisted father figure in Norman except he's incredibly more damaged than Beck was. They can also make him an MCU class threat, like when Bendis had him.

They still haven't revealed who bought Avengers Tower.

Mighty Member

In Spectacular's case there was a semi-logical reason to target Spider-Man rather than distract him...Norman's sloppy coverup that still connects the Goblin to himself and his family by framing his kid. He couldn't show his masked face at all in New York without Spider-Man running off to the Osborn residence despite being the current top crime boss of New York City. Spider-Man's death would be a way to tie up loose ends.

Hmm...speaking of crime bosses and mobsters...it's actually quite jarring that MCU Spider-Man gets feast or famine when it comes to who he fights...we either get muggers and purse snatchers or WORLD ENDERS (Mysterio didn't NEED to be the latter but here we are), nothing in between. While Otto Octavius is certainly a world ender, I feel that Norman Osborn could possibly be that happy medium.

In Spectacular's case there was a semi-logical reason to target Spider-Man rather than distract him...Norman's sloppy coverup that still connects the Goblin to himself and his family by framing his kid. He couldn't show his masked face at all in New York without Spider-Man running off to the Osborn residence despite being the current top crime boss of New York City. Spider-Man's death would be a way to tie up loose ends.

Hmm...speaking of crime bosses and mobsters...it's actually quite jarring that MCU Spider-Man gets feast or famine when it comes to who he fights...we either get muggers and purse snatchers or WORLD ENDERS (Mysterio didn't NEED to be the latter but here we are), nothing in between. While Otto Octavius is certainly a world ender, I feel that Norman Osborn could possibly be that happy medium.
    It was like in the comics. At first Spider-Man was just a threat that he had to get rid of to be successful and that he was slightly interested in and then killing him becomes more and more his driving purpose.

He took out organized crime in a deleted scene from Far From Home, but it was basically just a throwaway moment.

It was like in the comics. At first Spider-Man was just a threat that he had to get rid of to be successful and that he was slightly interested in and then killing him becomes more and more his driving purpose.

He took out organized crime in a deleted scene from Far From Home, but it was basically just a throwaway moment.
    I'd be down with some Fisk, Silvermane, and Tombstone. I'd even take some Mister Negative or Hammerhead. I'd even accept Justin Hammer coming back on a Tony revenge tour, first stop, Spider-Man!

In fact, I could see a Hammer backed Sinister Six: Vulture, Shocker, Scorpion, Electro, Mysterio, & Rhino. All in Hammer tech. I think it could work but it won't win over the "Tony's shadow / Iron Spidey / Iron Lad" people.

But I just want more Sam Rockwell in the MCU.

But Spiderverse Sinister Six sounds like the route they are taking.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-20-2020 at 10:04 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I'd be down with some Fisk, Silvermane, and Tombstone. I'd even take some Mister Negative or Hammerhead. I'd even accept Justin Hammer coming back on a Tony revenge tour, first stop, Spider-Man!

In fact, I could see a Hammer backed Sinister Six: Vulture, Shocker, Scorpion, Electro, Mysterio, & Rhino. All in Hammer tech. I think it could work but it won't win over the "Tony's shadow / Iron Spidey / Iron Lad" people.

Id love more Sam Rockwell but I wish they hadn't made him an idiot. If they can't use Normal id be fine with Justin Hammer becoming then Lex Luther of the MCU but yea he was a moron IIRC in im2.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

Although X-Men and Spiderman gets far more attention for their rogues gallery in the marvel universe and I never deeply read Iron Man comics. Watching his movies, I thought his villains had potentials, for some reason they got stopped from living up to their expectations. What is more disappointing is Marvel got some of the best working actors in Hollywood. Ben Kingsley, Sam Rockwell, Mickey Rouke and they got wasted.

Id love more Sam Rockwell but I wish they hadn't made him an idiot. If they can't use Normal id be fine with Justin Hammer becoming then Lex Luther of the MCU but yea he was a moron IIRC in im2.
    They can recover the character easily enough. In fact, being an idiot could easily be used as a ploy to take down Spidey because everyone in his circle will tell him Hammer is dumb. It could even be used to break him away from Happy, Pepper, and all things Stark. "If he was so good, why do I have to clean up his messes I didn't even start?" Is a strong theme. As long as it is not Peter isolating himself again but instead building his own team and tech away from the Stark family.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Although X-Men and Spiderman gets far more attention for their rogues gallery in the marvel universe and I never deeply read Iron Man comics. Watching his movies, I thought his villains had potentials, for some reason they got stopped from living up to their expectations. What is more disappointing is Marvel got some of the best working actors in Hollywood. Ben Kingsley, Sam Rockwell, Mickey Rouke and they got wasted.
    Eh ... Kingsley was great. I think some people didn't like the switcheroo but his character work on both ends was fantastic.

Rouke I am 50/50 on. He was good in his scenes but the plot hurt the movie. So who do you blame on that one?

Rockwell was wasted, I agree.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-20-2020 at 02:32 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

So is Aunt May dating again with the new film? Could be fun to touch on again. She's not 85 compared to the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    So is Aunt May dating again with the new film? Could be fun to touch on again. She's not 85 compared to the comics.
    Pretty sure her and happy are a thing