Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

If they’re going to use the gods I hope they use the Chiang designs, those were very cool. The Rebirth designs were just so dull to me after Chiang’s gods. I’m getting an Azz vibe from the title but we’ll see how this goes.

Expect for Zeus none wiser seen. They were just in animal form

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Expect for Zeus none wiser seen. They were just in animal form
    I think we can safely make the assumption that since Ares had a "classic" appearance in flashbacks and Zeus had a classic look that all of the other Gods had the classic looks as well.

Wow.

I have really missed Zola and her nonsense and now she, not Diana, is getting an animated film!

So NOT looking forward to this. Blecch!

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    If they’re going to use the gods I hope they use the Chiang designs, those were very cool. The Rebirth designs were just so dull to me after Chiang’s gods. I’m getting an Azz vibe from the title but we’ll see how this goes.
    Chiang's designs (and his art in general) were so awesome during that run. I would hope they would take some visual cues from him.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I think we can safely make the assumption that since Ares had a "classic" appearance in flashbacks and Zeus had a classic look that all of the other Gods had the classic looks as well.
    IDK, Zeus and Liam Sharp's Athena (what very little we saw of her) didn't really look like the pre-Flashpoint versions, at least from the Perez run.

I agree Chiang's designs were better, but I'm also open to see Rebirth re-design the rest of the Pantheon at some point. They should let Sharp do the designs, and tell him to go nuts and not just draw people in togas.

Its Diana
    Its a animated movie
    Its on my buy list

I wouldn’t use Chiang art for Hades . Why not have to designs Apollo and Artemis mostly the same but their skin tones ar Whitman when they are blending end? I don’t mind the rest of their designs expect for Hades and Ares(not really that much.)

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I wouldn’t use Chiang art for Hades . Why not have to designs Apollo and Artemis mostly the same but their skin tones ar Whitman when they are blending end? I don’t mind the rest of their designs expect for Hades and Ares(not really that much.)
    Apollo and Artemis were my favorites, so as long as those two get to keep their looks I'd be cool with the rest looking more "traditional".

Apollo and Artemis were my favorites, so as long as those two get to keep their looks I'd be cool with the rest looking more "traditional".
    I really like Artemis and Apollos design. I just think wouldn't it make sense if they can go back to human and god form? I mean if they are among humans why keep their skin ton the same? I do love Hera's design and grown.

I wonder if this will follow up the Donna Troy tease at the end of Judas Contract at all.

Maybe not since the teen titans and movies like Justice League War are in the same universe. Son of Batman and Bad Blood are also in the same universe. Death and Return Superman is also I the same universe.They all been announced has such. If they hold true Diana isn’t going to get her own movie in new 52. However, if they being Donna in new 52 or in this original movie it shouldn’t be the new 52 or rebirth origin.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 07-22-2018 at 07:15 AM.

Hmmm...

Bloodlines makes me think of Diana, Jason, Hippolyta, and Zeus and Grail, Myrina, and Darkseid. I hope it's not some combo of Darkseid War and Robinson's run.

The Azz run, as others have posted, is a likely adaptation too with Diana meeting all her demigod siblings.

Can't say I'm too excited for either option, but that belies my desire and my belief that Wonder Woman needs to start digging deeper into her bench of villains and revamping them for modern takes in animated movies (and for the love of Aphrodite, give her an animated series already.) Characters like, Cheetah, Doctor Psycho, Doctor Poison, Giganta, Silver Swan, Doctor Cyber, Angle Man, Villainy Inc. Anton Unreal, etc.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

The more I think of it, I don't think this will be a direct(or even very close) adaption of Azzarello's run as DC seems to have retconned a good chunk of it away(the mud-hut baby-trading Amazons, Diana living in London, Diana being the God of War, etc.) so perhaps Zeus origin will be the focus of the movie but no Zola, Zeke, or Lennox but instead we'll see Steve, Etta, Artemis, and a noble, brunette Hippolyta.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

If it has to do with her parentage (which I think is highly likely), they'll just do what Rebirth did. Everything has pretty much a post-Crisis flavor, with just the added in plot point that Zeus and brunette-Hippolyta had an affair and produced Diana. It would just go more into detail combining the two, which Rebirth got to pretty much gloss over. IOW, I agree it will carry over the Rebirth themes in most all other aspects.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El