Page 14 of 70 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Gordon had kids? And was part of the Royal family?! I did not know this.

Joking aside https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Gordon https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Gordon_(Earth-616)

I have almost felt like making a post in the X fourms and asking if Marvel made a comic where it stars the children of the Royal family are people going to be ok with it, or will anything Inhuman related be consider still a sin.

I almost feel Leer is actually adopted it does feel like a Karnak thing to do to adopt to just to have a heir, and with a mix of his not liking being around others, and not really caring for gentics. Adopting does seem like something he would do.

Again Petras just mutation or abilities with the (Bison?) head able to do something.

It's not surprising you haven't herd of Alecto. I don't she has been mentioned a single time until All new Inhumans. Plus she is heavily tied to alpha primatives and most writers avoid.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    It's not surprising you haven't herd of Alecto. I don't she has been mentioned a single time until All new Inhumans. Plus she is heavily tied to alpha primatives and most writers avoid.
    I don't think they avoid them. They freed them 3 times in stories that were critiques of them, and Inhumans: Once and Future Kings was about one that escaped, and it was the second to last book they had. They avoided Luna the whole time. She only appeared once at the end of All New Inhumans. If they avoided her, they'd avoid anyone. Had they actually continued with one on-going book, I'm sure they would have gotten into a lot of inhuman lore that they didn't get to because they were trying to establish something.

I don't think they'll ever appear like we saw them ever again, so if they focus on more important things whenever they do show up (if they show up), it would be welcomed.

Astonishing Member

Luna did make a few non speaking appearances Quicksilver tie-in mini (to last stand event I believe), Lockjaw mini, and (sigh) Death of the Inhumans.
    I did think it would be cool if she appeared in a single issue tie-in to Outlawed to Quicksilver and/or Synapse with them acting as that mentor thing that Power Pack was doing.

what is the current status quo of the Royal family?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    what is the current status quo of the Royal family?
    They aren't royal anymore, they abdicated, they killed extraterrestrial inhumans (not Terran ones), they have no books except for Ms. Marvel, and Black Bolt is set to make an appearance in a Darkholm book at the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    They aren't royal anymore, they abdicated, they killed extraterrestrial inhumans (not Terran ones), they have no books except for Ms. Marvel, and Black Bolt is set to make an appearance in a Darkholm book at the end of the year.
    Ms. Marvel ended so the closest thing we have to an Inhumans book is Champions where Ms Marvel is showing up.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member

Crystal is also going to be in a F4 storyline, I completely forget when it is coming out but it has to do with the Wedding of Doom. Also with New Arctilian expanding in Death of the Inhumans, and with both Empyre and Captain Marvel not being Cates book also mentioning that book, it looks like they may have gone back to being a Royal Family. Also were all the non-terran Inhumans killed or just the leaders and some of their entourage?

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Crystal is also going to be in a F4 storyline, I completely forget when it is coming out but it has to do with the Wedding of Doom. Also with New Arctilian expanding in Death of the Inhumans, and with both Empyre and Captain Marvel not being Cates book also mentioning that book, it looks like they may have gone back to being a Royal Family. Also were all the non-terran Inhumans killed or just the leaders and some of their entourage?
    Just the other queens and their body guards. The bunch of dead inhumans at the start were specified as a branch unaffiliated with universal inhumans or any monarchy. DOTI didn't strike on earth or where the rest of Universal inhumans are. However it might get retconned that they did since the few times the inhumans have come up they act like everyone is dead.

Technically they were the royal family of Attila, which is in the Hudson River now. I think Cates wanted to write a pre-Inhumanity story, so they shoved New Arctilian at the last moment because they hadn't been living on the Moon for a long time. That city was a part of the cheap reset that lasted one issue before Marvel having everyone living in New Arctilian massacred. So basically they're back to where they were at the end of IvX.

I think many writers just remember the inhumans from the 80's and ignore they're advancements in the past two decades including freeing the Alpha Primitives and moving from a monarchy to a republic.

At this point I think whoever is going to write them again will just have them be a cameo and use the reused Moon monarchy thing.

Astonishing Member

Technically they were the royal family of Attila, which is in the Hudson River now. I think Cates wanted to write a pre-Inhumanity story, so they shoved New Arctilian at the last moment because they hadn't been living on the Moon for a long time. That city was a part of the cheap reset that lasted one issue before Marvel having everyone living in New Arctilian massacred. So basically they're back to where they were at the end of IvX.

I think many writers just remember the inhumans from the 80's and ignore they're advancements in the past two decades including freeing the Alpha Primitives and moving from a monarchy to a republic.

At this point I think whoever is going to write them again will just have them be a cameo and use the reused Moon monarchy thing.
    New Arctilian was created during Royals/Judgement Day, as just a tower. It was shown as that also in the Lockjaw mini, but I believe you are right that he had this idea from a while ago with the synopsis even calling it New Attilian. The ending of slavery is forgoten and people still bring it up for "why to hate Inhumans", but from real world history them being a Monarchy still can work but need to establish why it is like that if the previous creative team wanted to do something else.

Really it comes down to who is writing if the person is like Al Ewing then continuity will be followed, if it is like donny cates expect to be reading an elseworld story every other issue that somehow is in the main 616 Marvel universe.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    Just the other queens and their body guards. The bunch of dead inhumans at the start were specified as a branch unaffiliated with universal inhumans or any monarchy. DOTI didn't strike on earth or where the rest of Universal inhumans are. However it might get retconned that they did since the few times the inhumans have come up they act like everyone is dead.
    If a retcon happens retcon New Arctilan as a city, have them attack the universal Inhumans, and House of Agon is now protecting any of their survivors really the story doesn't change and it takes care of some problems that made continuity bad in DotI.

New Arctilian was created during Royals/Judgement Day, as just a tower. It was shown as that also in the Lockjaw mini, but I believe you are right that he had this idea from a while ago with the synopsis even calling it New Attilian. The ending of slavery is forgoten and people still bring it up for "why to hate Inhumans", but from real world history them being a Monarchy still can work but need to establish why it is like that if the previous creative team wanted to do something else.

Really it comes down to who is writing if the person is like Al Ewing then continuity will be followed, if it is like donny cates expect to be reading an elseworld story every other issue that somehow is in the main 616 Marvel universe.
    Yeah. I don't know how they will find a reason for people who were freed from a monarchical rule with the genetics counsel, to all of a sudden go back to it willingly. That was their whole point, and the fact that they thought there would no longer be Terrigenisis after they destroyed the cloud. But as you said, it comes down to the writer.

So the Ms. Marvel crew is going to film in Bangkok, THailand. There's a discussion on reddit and a lot of people have pointed out that if they're doing the storyline where Kamala goes to Pakistan and meets Red Dagger, Thailand is a very weird place to choose for filming, because the architecture looks nothing like Pakistan at all.
    Granted, it might be interior shots, but we know they are wrapping the filming after this.

Because of this, some of us naive hopeful fans are entertaining the theory that Bangkok might actually be Attilan, and honestly, after looking at some pictures, I guess it might work.

watarun.jpg
    7305562244_668f935145_o.jpg

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    So the Ms. Marvel crew is going to film in Bangkok, THailand. There's a discussion on reddit and a lot of people have pointed out that if they're doing the storyline where Kamala goes to Pakistan and meets Red Dagger, Thailand is a very weird place to choose for filming, because the architecture looks nothing like Pakistan at all.
    Granted, it might be interior shots, but we know they are wrapping the filming after this.

Because of this, some of us naive hopeful fans are entertaining the theory that Bangkok might actually be Attilan, and honestly, after looking at some pictures, I guess it might work.

watarun.jpg
    7305562244_668f935145_o.jpg
    Oh I hope it is Attilan, maybe even a for a post credit scene. Still she did go to it before going to Pakistan so that does work better if trying to follow the comics more.