Page 107 of 149 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 2229
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    She gets nothing to do. They let her swing a hammer around once because that's what Lois does I guess? They don't get her so far. The CW is not the network to handle adult characters well. Their wheelhouse is young adults who are bad at maintaining interpersonal relationships. Black Lightning is the outlier because I genuinely enjoy a large swathe of that show and a big reason is Jefferson is written well.

But they've yet to prove a handle on Lois or Clark. The former they haven't used a lot so I get it. The latter they've had far too many chances as it is.
    The Arrow-verse is filled with adults, they're not 30 years olds pretending to be teenagers. This isn't Riverdale lol

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    The Arrow-verse is filled with adults, they're not 30 years olds pretending to be teenagers. This isn't Riverdale lol
    Why do you think they have jon and jordan?
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Why do you think they have jon and jordan?
    Two characters, among how many adult super-heroes and adult supporting cast and other characters? Maybe wait until we've seen the show before forming opinions because we don't know for certain how it'll play until we watch it.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Sure, but they're written like angsty teens most of the time, or that's what my recollection of the shows is at this point. More importantly, the protagonists usually get strip mined of traits to give to other characters to over-inflate the cast. Happens to all these shows.

Sure, but they're written like angsty teens most of the time, or that's what my recollection of the shows is at this point. More importantly, the protagonists usually get strip mined of traits to give to other characters to over-inflate the cast. Happens to all these shows.
    I think relationship or emotional problems can impact adults as much as it can teenagers.

I think it's less character traits and more like they're made less capable and self-sufficient to justify the hero needing their supporting casts help most of the time.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think relationship or emotional problems can impact adults as much as it can teenagers.

I think it's less character traits and more like they're made less capable and self-sufficient to justify the hero needing their supporting casts help most of the time.
    Pretty much, but I find a lot of the pratfalls of television relationship writing are indicative of people who never developed past high school. Yes, adults can be immature as well, but that doesn't make them compelling characters in my mind. The CW's characters are always extremely thinly-written and often providing very little in way of depth because, as you've said, they are split to provide as many new roles as possible for other actors.

It's just not for me. I want to watch stories about Green Arrow, not a host of tagalongs that necessitate he be worse at his job than he usually is.

I'm preparing myself for Superman not knowing anything about kryptonian technology and been a a lousy fighter despite having more than 20 years of superhero experience.

General Lane will probably be the giving tactical advices, some regular hacker/tech wiz ala Felicity and Cisco will also be around to explain what DNA is to a guy that can actually see it.

It's just not for me. I want to watch stories about Green Arrow, not a host of tagalongs that necessitate he be worse at his job than he usually is.
    To be honest, GA probably had the least issue with this as he was generally the most competent and effective of his entire team aside from when it came to hacking or computers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I'm preparing myself for Superman not knowing anything about kryptonian technology and been a a lousy fighter despite having more than 20 years of superhero experience.

General Lane will probably be the giving tactical advices, some regular hacker/tech wiz ala Felicity and Cisco will also be around to explain what DNA is to a guy that can actually see it.
    I think lower episode count might mean they don't need to over-indulge the cast and plots the way the normal Arrowverse shows do.

Spectacular Member

LOL, you're closer to the truth than you think. There's gonna be like all the other Arrowverse shows, a backup team. Team Arrow, Team Flash, and yes, Team Superman. General Lane will the one of the main persons on the team in addition to being his father in law lol. He'll sending him as a form of dispatcher.

With any luck, that shouldn't happen here. Since Supes has been a hero for about close to 20 years. The team dynamic works for Flash, Arrow and Supergirl since they're just beginners. But this is a Supes with a whole lot of experience. If anything it'll be akin to Black Lightning, at the start of his show he was already a full fledged hero who didn't have much of a support team besides his mentor who's like his Alfred.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Two hour premier. Followed by a TV special on the history of the characters:

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/superman...miere-delayed/
    Assassinate Putin!

so is this Clark more mature and not deliberately bumbling? Especially since he's married with kids now. I actually appreciated the slightly different take on Clark from the first season of Superboy, years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Two hour premier. Followed by a TV special on the history of the characters:

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/superman...miere-delayed/
    Seems like they're hyping up their return to television (in a starring role).
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so is this Clark more mature and not deliberately bumbling? Especially since he's married with kids now. I actually appreciated the slightly different take on Clark from the first season of Superboy, years ago.
    The bumbling is just an affectation of Clark Kent, if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    According to Twitter, the premier will be 2hours. I have no idea what that means for The Flash though, since they were supposed to premier the same night. If this is true, how ballsy of them.
    An hour and a half actually (so not a double bill, it's an extended premiere), then a half hour behind the scenes special. Flash is delayed a week.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar