Page 25 of 212 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I wondered about that too. I also wondering if we are going to see a different type of schism, everyone who sides with Charles, and everyone who sides with Magneto. .
    Either that or they are going to split into two teams like Gold and Blue again.

Where the heck is Colossus, Polaris, Gambit and Rogue?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    New "X" logo unveiled here.

Very Hickman-y. I shall steal it immediately.
    Not very impressive.

With so many high profile characters like Rogue, Colossus, Magik, Polaris, Gambit, Sunspot, Cannonball and also all of the Young X-Men missing from this teaser image, I am not sold yet. Not by a longshot, who by the waty, is also not in the teaser :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Either that or they are going to split into two teams like Gold and Blue again.

Where the heck is Colossus, Polaris, Gambit and Rogue?
    I’m thinking we may get two teams again. Probably pretty streamlined, but we’ll see lots of supporting characters. If I had to guess, it’s all about cleaning up the franchise and simplifying it some as they prepare to make their MCU debut. So I’m thinking kind of like the old Animated Series with a tight core squad and lots of ancillary supporting characters popping up to guest-star. A cool way to do this would be to just have them out in the world doing normal jobs, in some cases, or in others running X-Corporation satellite offices around the world. That whole X-Corp concept is super solid for taking supporting X-characters and putting them on the shelf until needed.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    New "X" logo unveiled here.

Very Hickman-y. I shall steal it immediately.
    It looks like the two lines forming the X are hitting and then following distinctive paths.

Maybe it's related to this:

Wouldn't be surpirsed if the two books follow those two stories (one where they somehow adapted and one where they are dominant) and through the usual crazy Hickman alternate dimension stuff, interact towards the end. Knowing the Hick Man, this is about to be wild though

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Wouldn't be surpirsed if the two books follow those two stories (one where they somehow adapted and one where they are dominant) and through the usual crazy Hickman alternate dimension stuff, interact towards the end. Knowing the Hick Man, this is about to be wild though
    Alternate dimension? It looks like a star trekking trip with Warlock, Lilandra etc.

I wonder if there’ll be a point to firestar’s inclusion this time around or if its just for more callbacks to a Saturday morning cartoon.

It’s a gorgeous print but the only things that intrigue me are Danikolossus, Blink, and Black King. I HOPE I’m wrong and this is more interesting than it sounds.

https://twitter.com/nick_lowe_/statu...72415252942848

"You SHOULD, but you don't need to. The first issue will both be a great entry point and possibly change how you see ALL of X-Men history.

YEET
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post

"You SHOULD, but you don't need to. The first issue will both be a great entry point and possibly change how you see ALL of X-Men history.

YEET
    More Xavier retcons? What did the bastard do now?

YEET
    So Nick Lowe is also involved in this project?

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    So Nick Lowe is also involved in this project?
    No, but he's a senior editor, so he knows everything about it.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

YEET
    Maybe Hickman will retcon the third summers brother where Xavier looked like a total scumbag.

Honestly though I think the only thing this image is meant to do is intrigue people with "who is that?!?" as opposed to "this is our new X-Team full of weird time bending characters." Chances are some of these people won't even be in the same book or interact with each other in the slightest. Based on what little I saw this weekend, sounds like Hickman is tying up a bunch of loose ends from the past/alt realities to create an interesting go forward point for the core team, who frankly could have none of these characters involved by the end of it. Speculation is fun and all, but it's WAY too early for people to be saying "MEH I WON'T BUY THIS" because it's like judging the entire movie on the quality of art on the poster.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Well, consider me very interested! I can't say that I'm excited, per se, because it's just one image.

But the fact that they got Hickman back (a HUGE win for Cebulski) to write this leads me to believe that he's gonna take over a relaunched X-Men once the minis wrap. I'd be shocked if Cebulski didn't give him pretty free reign in order to get him back to Marvel, and I'd be even more shocked if Hickman only came back to do a couple minis.

I haven't read a ton from him, but I love the idea of a stable creative vision on the books for several years. The last time that happened was Mike Carey, and he's my second-favorite X-writer of all time.

As for the characters on the teaser, the two mashup characters are interesting. I also noticed that there's only one character on here created after 2000 (I'm not counting costumes as characters), and that's Vulcan.

Looking forward to learning more!
    What can I say but, "I love comics."