Page 37 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    That would be nice, but I'm wondering if Laura and gabby keep the psych powers. I feel like gabby would have fun with that
    Hmm. I doubt Marvel would let her keep the powers, like when she was the omni powers successor, they probably will just use them for this storyline and then maguffin them away.

What I really want to know is if Sophie becomes a squatter in Laura's head like Gamesmaster did. I could see Laura and Sophie having Deadpool esques box conversations with each other. It also might be a way to make Laura a more engaging character by having someone around for her to converse with. Shes always been at her best when shes working off of another character like with Gambit in her Marjorie Liu run.

Either way looking forward to seeing how this storyline concludes.

P.s. when Gabby was replacd by a cuckoo why did she become MEGA GOTH?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Okay, I went back, and we can see that the right eye is blue, but the left is covered. I believe that both eyes are blue, like in the Rogue & Gambit mini when they were absorbing each others memories. Gambit ended up with green eyes, and Rogue with black & red.
    Yeah a definite possibility, could also be a sign of possession I guess, I really appreciate the art direction in this issue as it never blatantly shows the eye colour off, it just hints and hints, especially in the regeneration scene with that little halo device Laura's holding sparking blue and one of the sparks going into her eye. So good.
    Its all the little details like this that make me so happy with this storyline so far. I'm looking forward to the next issue.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darzefader View Post
    Hmm. I doubt Marvel would let her keep the powers, like when she was the omni powers successor, they probably will just use them for this storyline and then maguffin them away.

What I really want to know is if Sophie becomes a squatter in Laura's head like Gamesmaster did. I could see Laura and Sophie having Deadpool esques box conversations with each other. It also might be a way to make Laura a more engaging character by having someone around for her to converse with. Shes always been at her best when shes working off of another character like with Gambit in her Marjorie Liu run.

Either way looking forward to seeing how this storyline concludes.

P.s. when Gabby was replacd by a cuckoo why did she become MEGA GOTH?
    She’s supposed to be the ultimate host of the Omnipower. I’d be down with that. It would be a great in road for making her a front-line Avenger.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

BANNED

She’s supposed to be the ultimate host of the Omnipower. I’d be down with that. It would be a great in road for making her a front-line Avenger.
    Unipower, not Omnipower.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    That would be nice, but I'm wondering if Laura and gabby keep the psych powers. I feel like gabby would have fun with that
    They don't have psychic powers. Gabby's possessed and Laura's situation with Sophie is similar to when Rogue absorbed Wonder Man in Uncanny Avengers, Simon would be in her head, until High Evolutionary muted him. If they exhibit psychic powers, that's Esme and Sophie, not Gabby and Laura.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Unipower, not Omnipower.
    Your absolutely right, I was thinking about the powers it gives you. Like Omnicience and so on. Can't believe I fudged that up.

Spectacular Member

It would probably be good for comedic purposes too, especially if Deadpool found out because he would immediately declare them both "twinsies" and never leave her be. Gabby would love it, but Laura and Sophie would hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Unipower, not Omnipower.
    yeah that's it

oops
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

It would probably be good for comedic purposes too, especially if Deadpool found out because he would immediately declare them both "twinsies" and never leave her be. Gabby would love it, but Laura and Sophie would hate it.
    well, if Laura has the Unipower, she can just murder him.

Spectacular Member

well, if Laura has the Unipower, she can just murder him.
    I don't think she has it anymore really. I just mean that I think most of Marvel forgot about that little plot point, I would love to see them address it in the future but... I just don't see it happening in any meaningful way. Like with the circle of four storyline, she owes Mephisto a favour but the veniom comic that story was in was discontinued. Marvel just tends to drop the ball when it comes to plot points like this.
    Do I want to see these storylines resolved? Yes.
    Will that happen? Not very likely sadly.

I don't think she has it anymore really. I just mean that I think most of Marvel forgot about that little plot point, I would love to see them address it in the future but... I just don't see it happening in any meaningful way. Like with the circle of four storyline, she owes Mephisto a favour but the veniom comic that story was in was discontinued. Marvel just tends to drop the ball when it comes to plot points like this.
    Do I want to see these storylines resolved? Yes.
    Will that happen? Not very likely sadly.
    She doesn't, but we're discussing the hypothetical of what if she actually does become Captain Universe again in the future.

Spectacular Member

She doesn't, but we're discussing the hypothetical of what if she actually does become Captain Universe again in the future.
    I honestly can't think of a good storyline with Laura becoming Captain Universe. In my head there are two options;
    1. Laura is offered the power but turns it down to be with her family and friends.
    2. Laura becomes Captain Universe after her "death" and comes back to earth as a sentient glowing ball.

I honestly can't think of a good storyline with Laura becoming Captain Universe. In my head there are two options;
    1. Laura is offered the power but turns it down to be with her family and friends.
    2. Laura becomes Captain Universe after her "death" and comes back to earth as a sentient glowing ball.
    Well, then it's a good thing you're not the writer for that story.

Funny enougth, Spider-Man and Wolverine did the number 1 at some point (althougth in Logan's case it wasn't the Captain Universe).

Hoping for a Laura/Logan holiday story in the December one shot. KT would be ideal