Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Kot, Rudy, Send "Bucky Barnes: The Winter Soldier" to the Corners of the Marvel U

Ales Kot and Marco Rudy helm "Bucky Barnes: The Winter Soldier," an all-new ongoing series which spins out of the events of "Original Sin."

Full article here.

Quote Originally Posted by BaneofKings View Post
    http://www.avclub.com/article/exclus...winter--206711

By Ales Kot and Marco Rudy.

--

Cannot wait. Going to be AWESOME.

PULLED. Seriously my favorite writer right now. Rudy is amazing (Marvel Knights: Spider-Man was particularly awesome). These are the kind of comic stories I want to read, Ales Kot, thank you for being a laser from god.

BANNED

This is going to be the best title evah.

Spectacular Member

Not sure who Ales Kot is, but I'm on board for a new Winter Soldier title. Also, crazy cover.

So I'm guessing he's the new man on the wall.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Hey, it's four bucks as well.

...seriously Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorDoom View Post
    So I'm guessing he's the new man on the wall.
    Makes the most sense.

Extraordinary Member

Mods, could you link this thread with the eariler one on the exact same subject, please?

Might be less confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Hey, it's four bucks as well.

...seriously Marvel?
    Most first issues are, though I think it's time we accept that $3.99 is just the regular price now.

YES! I was only getting invaders because of Bucky. I'm glad my boy is getting another ongoing as the last one was incredible.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Mixed feeling about this.

On the one hand I love the character and am glad to see him get another chance.

But I was REALLY hoping for something more genre specific. Bucky is amped up Jason Bourne. The superspy in the MU take of the Latour/Klien run was perfect for the character.

I'm not really feeling the idea of Bucky In Space.
    I calmed down and read the article. At first, it kind of caught me as strange because it doesn't sound like what I've enjoyed so far. But that's so much better. The Marvel Earth is so small and the spy thing is a beat horse.

It's like how Cyclops has taken Teen Scott to space and it's refreshing and way more interesting than keeping him around the same old stuff.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperCameron View Post
    So i guess he will be take Fury's spot as galactic assassin.
    Like the idea, was obviously going to happen, but still hate that Marvel could not wait at least one more issue of OS before spoiling that. Hopefully it is not the big payoff of the series.

And here I was thinking that my Marvel pull would only shrink in the coming months.

Yet Bucky written by Kot (for his work on Suicide Squad and Zero) and drawn by Rudy (for his art on Swamp Thing) is an instant sell for me.

BANNED

Blut Aus Nord sound like the anthem band of Hel, not Asgard.

Astonishing Member

I am said that Latour and Klein are not getting a second shot at Winter Soldier, but this is a strong creative team as well.

It will be interesting to see how this works. I guess Marvel decided they had enough espionage books and needed a new spin on things.

My big concern is the art. Rudy is talented, no doubt, but there's no way he's making a year and his approach to art is very unique in the field of superhero comics. He can't just be swapped out without losing big time.