Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I calmed down and read the article. At first, it kind of caught me as strange because it doesn't sound like what I've enjoyed so far. But that's so much better. The Marvel Earth is so small and the spy thing is a beat horse.

It's like how Cyclops has taken Teen Scott to space and it's refreshing and way more interesting than keeping him around the same old stuff.
    That's fair enough.

I will give the book a try because I'm a Bucky fan. I was just hoping that we woukld be getting a companion piece to the excellent Black Widow book.

To be fair, I honestly can see why Marvel kinda HAD to go this route with Bucky.

Going back to being an unsung operative stealthly sniping Hydra agents after having been Captain freaking America sort of comes off as a demotion.

This is more worthy of the character's stature (even if it feels kinda off genre-wise).

Figured (hoped, actually) this was coming. I hope the tone isn't as silly as the current run of Secret Avengers has been...

BANNED

oh yes, this will be my 10th Marvel pull.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by A_Nominus View Post
    Most first issues are, though I think it's time we accept that $3.99 is just the regular price now.
    I accept the FACT that Marvel has moved it's price point to $3.99. But that fact has led me to not start any new series at that price since Mighty Avengers. I'm sticking with Superior Foes through the next story arc. From there on out, everything's going to be TPBs for me. The idea that just two mainstream Marvel mags per month cost the same as my Netflix subscription is ridiculous.
    Currently Reading: A handful of series that will be canceled soon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    To be fair, I honestly can see why Marvel kinda HAD to go this route with Bucky.
    I am somewhat skeptical, I guess, in that I think this has more to do with setting up Bucky's return in the movies.

But will he ever head back to the ending of the last Secret Avengers series where he and Quake and Mockingbird were having coffee for apparently no reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Disco_Magic View Post
    I accept the FACT that Marvel has moved it's price point to $3.99. But that fact has led me to not start any new series at that price since Mighty Avengers. I'm sticking with Superior Foes through the next story arc. From there on out, everything's going to be TPBs for me. The idea that just two mainstream Marvel mags per month cost the same as my Netflix subscription is ridiculous.
    The thing for me has been that now the Marvel books are 3.99 I can justify buying books from Dynamite etc, because it has been normalised. So I'm dropping marvel titles to pick up the Gold Key series for example, since jumping on points are jumping off ones too...

Sold.
    Kot is one of my favorite writers right now.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vitamin View Post
    Blut Aus Nord sound like the anthem band of Hel, not Asgard.
    This is my first time hearing them. I think they sound pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post

My big concern is the art. Rudy is talented, no doubt, but there's no way he's making a year and his approach to art is very unique in the field of superhero comics. He can't just be swapped out without losing big time.
    Has he had the monthly crunch to meet deadlines yet? I don't remember if he was the main artist on Swamp Thing or the back-up for Paquette. I remember his Spider-Man work being on time, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

I will give the book a try because I'm a Bucky fan. I was just hoping that we woukld be getting a companion piece to the excellent Black Widow book.
    I'd be a little disappointed to get "Buck Barnes: Spaceman" if we didn't already have so much spy goodness in her book. I also really dig Secret Avengers, and I think finding a balance between that and Zero sounds smart.
    Last edited by Kuwagaton; 07-10-2014 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by urmyth View Post
    But will he ever head back to the ending of the last Secret Avengers series where he and Quake and Mockingbird were having coffee for apparently no reason?
    Well, the interview at avclub mentioned Quake being a part of the cast, so there may be a good chance that Bobbi will be appearing here as well. At least, I'm hoping so.

Ultimate Member

Marvel already has enough spy/espionage/black ops books. Black Widow, Secret Avengers, Deathlok, Thunderbolts, and heck even Punisher to a degree because of Domino and the new Howling Commandos team. Let's do something new and different with Bucky this time around. However, Black Widow guest-starring is a must, I will not accept otherwise.

Extraordinary Member

Not sure why they added his name to the title....

Everytime I trim my pull list Marvel has to announce a book that seems intriguing. Will probably be trying the first issue.

I hope this sells more than his last one. The last series finale ended with only 19,000 orders. Those are some really disappointing numbers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marvelousmetalmouse View Post
    I hope this sells more than his last one. The last series finale ended with only 19,000 orders. Those are some really disappointing numbers.
    Thats a shame, given how good it was.