Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I agree with you on this. On the other hand, I can't blame Marvel for trying out those characters. But as you say, a better way might be do do team books, or team-up books (with maybe two or three characters teaming up).

I'm not that familiar with figures and numbers though, and those numbers don't actually say much to me. When you see numbers drop within a run, it's easier to understand, but my question is: at what point is a book in danger? I mean, if it sells steadily for 20 000 a month, is that too low to keep pushing it? Where is the line drawn?
    in the past, anything below 20K is in danger
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    But DC having only 2 slots in the top 25??? Surprising.
    Well top is dominated with Marvel's #1 and early issue of stronger titles. After couple of months things will likely look differently.

Glad that Vision seams to have found its level. And loled hard at Guardians of Infinity dropping from 121k to 27k.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    in the past, anything below 20K is in danger
    I think it depends a bit on character. If its Captain Marvel then Marvel are likely to be okay, if its secondary Inhumans book? Time to relaunch it.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Well top is dominated with Marvel's #1 and early issue of stronger titles. After couple of months things will likely look differently.

Glad that Vision seams to have found its level. And loled hard at Guardians of Infinity dropping from 121k to 27k.

I think it depends a bit on character. If its Captain Marvel then Marvel are likely to be okay, if its secondary Inhumans book? Time to relaunch it.
    http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post1780644

whats the excuse all the other months?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I have to wonder how some of sales figures on individual titles will change once some of the fat gets trimmed. Readers of the soon to be cancelled titles might migrate over to existing ones. Either that or they'll leave all together.
    My pull list
    A-Force, All-New Inhuman, All-New All-Different Avengers, Captain America: Sam Wilson, Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, New Avengers, The Ultimates, and Weirdworld.

I was talking about top 25, for example in December DC had 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Where I'm getting with this is, more team books, less solo books. More characters are used, more books are sold, more people are happy.
    Eh not really. That's not exactly how it plays out. I did a poll too some time ago asking if people prefer solos or team books and the many prefer solos including myself.
    To make an example. If I love apple then I want apple. I don't want apple mixed with banana, strawberry, pineapple and a cup of salt. Sure it contains apple but it's not a satisfactory composition since it's only 20% of the stuff that I love, 60% stuff that I am kinda meh about and 20% that is outright disgusting. That's assuming that the ratios are equal to begin with which we all know is not true since favorites are played all time and that's only a cool thing if you happen to be one of the lucky ones and not one of those who have deal with their favorite stuff being treated just as an afterthought in a supposed team book.

You can't just throw people together to form a team and think people will just eat it up just because it contains a thing they like. Otherwise ANAD Avengers would have to sell like crazy if everybody who reads the solo of the characters also buys the team book, right? Well that's clearly not the case since Mighty Thor alone is already moving more copies then it.
    Last edited by Galerion; 02-08-2016 at 12:41 PM.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Eh not really. That's not exactly how it plays out. I did a poll too some time ago asking if people prefer solos or team books and the many prefers solos including myself.
    To make an example. If I love apple then I want apple. I don't want apple mixed with banana, strawberry, pineapple and a cup of salt. Sure it contains apple but it's not a satisfactory composition since it's only 20% of the stuff that I love, 60% stuff that I am kinda meh about and 20% that is outright disgusting. That's assuming that the ratios are equal to begin with which we all know is not true since favorites are played all time and that's only a cool thing if you happen to be one of the lucky ones and not one of those who have deal with their favorite stuff being treated just as an afterthought in a supposed team book.

You can't just throw people together to form a team and think people will just eat it up just because it contains a thing they like. Otherwise ANAD Avengers would have to sell like crazy if everybody who reads the solo of the characters also buys the team book, right? Well that's clearly not the case since Mighty Thor alone is already moving more copies then it.
    Yep.

For me recently, I loved Scarlet Spider. Got every issue.

When it ended and he moved to... New Warriors? I think... didn't follow. No absolutely no interest in any of the other members at all.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Because you got folks who want to use sale to justify diversifying your books is a FAILURE and Marvel needs to pander to straight white males only. At least that is what DC "fans" are doing.

Never mind some of these books might have been planned before the debate even started.

Never mind fans are ALLOWED to read what they want to read.

Never mind minority. LGBT & women are allowed to read a book of their choice and not because of skin color, sexuality or gender.

Never mind Marvel is trying to expand its market to try to get EVERYONE and not one set of folks. Yes they will fail and yes they will have victories. But they can't say they didn't try something different and continue to keep trying.

Where Marvel screwed up is flooding the market. They should done 35 first and phase in the next 35 around issue 6 or when that annoying next event is over.
    Oh, get off that high horse. Most are just curious as to how the new launches are doing. Not everyone reading/answering is a cranky pants. Heck, I used to read the numbers in the old days when they were required to be printed in the comics once a year.

As was pointed out earlier, it's like being interesting in Box office totals. I for one like that Scarlet Witch and Vision are doing OK so far. I'd like Wanda's to be a bit higher but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelousmetalmouse View Post
    Red Wolf is really selling much better than I expected it too.
    Yeah, that's the big surprise. I assumed people would drop it after he left Battleworld.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I agree with you on this. On the other hand, I can't blame Marvel for trying out those characters. But as you say, a better way might be do do team books, or team-up books (with maybe two or three characters teaming up).

I'm not that familiar with figures and numbers though, and those numbers don't actually say much to me. When you see numbers drop within a run, it's easier to understand, but my question is: at what point is a book in danger? I mean, if it sells steadily for 20 000 a month, is that too low to keep pushing it? Where is the line drawn?
    Around 20,000 is usually the danger zone. but there are other factors which can keep it afloat at or a bit below that level, such as TPB and/or digital sales, if the book is going to get an event tie in soon, if the character has something coming which could raise their profile and thus sales...

BANNED

By the look of it, Marvel will probably get most of the launches land over or well over 20.000, even some of the more risky / fringe ones like Howard, Silk, Vision etc. Undoubtedly around 15-20 titles will fail, but is 15-20 of 70-75 launches, so I think they expected it. I doubt they thought all the book would have been successful. I think the problem it's more of the retailers expecting a several months push of the sales like it happened with Marvel NOW, but that was a different type of relaunch, here we have lot of books that are continuations of previous runs, with the same creators, that are rapidly setting at the levels they found before Secret Wars.

BANNED

Hopefully those dwindling Thor sales are an indication that we'll see the real Thor return some time soon. Fingers crossed.

I also hope that a few of the lesser-selling titles will be kept around for the fans, similarly to the way Superior Foes got extended even though the sales were low. I certainly don't want Contest of Champions to go anywhere.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Hopefully those dwindling Thor sales are an indication that we'll see the real Thor return some time soon. Fingers crossed.
    Odinson is getting a flashback story in issue #6.

The dwindling Thor sales are still considerably more than where the last Odinson volume was when it was finishing up, and with digital sales beating Ms. Marvel, don't expect Odinson to be the premier Thor again until Aaron is done with his story.

Issue 3, despite the 9000+ drop, was also the 13th best selling comic of the month, so it's not a case where the drop is due to the lack of Odinson, but indicative of a poor month for comics overall.
    Last edited by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever; 02-08-2016 at 05:24 PM.

BANNED

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #4 only sold 19k+ but I know it will be safe because it'll do well on TPBs

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

To be honest I haven't even picked up any books after whenever it was that Vision #3 came out. January is a rough month for entertainment, looks like the sentiment is mutual.