Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455 LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    I agree Abraham is highly likely, I think Eugene has a certain charm that keeps him around for a while longer, but I think you're leaving out Aaron. Wasn't he there too? But he's like the least important, so it'll probably be a more major character. And the reason it won't (indeed, CAN'T) be Rick or Carl is because they are already ruled out by Negan saying something like "If anyone moves, cut out the kid's other eye and feed it to his father" just before he started beating whoever the victim was.
    Almost anyone is up for grabs. In the comics, Carol died long before this and Andrea would still be around. I wonder if the cast is on the familiar 7 year contracts that most continuing series on TV use. If so, a lot of changes could happen if the cast salary demands become a factor.
    Seeing Rick's feelings of Manifest Destiny come crashing down in one fell swoop was powerful. Literally not one word from him as he was driven to his knees- wow. I just wonder why in that moment of defeat no one said "Please, you can have everything but this woman is pregnant and she's in trouble and she needs to get to a doctor, THAT'S ALL WE'RE TRYING TO DO!" It might have at least been worth a try seeing as how the Saviors claim that they're not really the bad guys. Probably wouldn't have worked, but still.
    I don't know, that might have made things worse. He was joking about killing her to put her out of her misery.

I can almost picture an aftermath of this in which Darryl says something to Negan like "All right, I'll work for you, but you gotta let me and that Dwight guy over there settle our differences and I mean to the death because me and him just aren't gonna work out!"
    I've been waiting for Darryl to get that guy. Wasn't he burned in the meth lab they found in the woods? How is it that he fooled Darryl and was able to circle around them? Darryl is real good at tracking and should have seen some signs of them doubling back.

One final creepy thought- if Maggie miscarries and the baby is still inside her, will it become an unborn zombie and try to eat her from the inside or just bite her and make her turn as well and just cause the most unbelievably messed up thing that's ever happened on the show?
    Ever see Zach Snyder's remake of Dawn of the Dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Ever see Zach Snyder's remake of Dawn of the Dead?
    Ah yes, the movie where every zombie (even the fat ones, lame ones, babies, etc.) is an Olympic-level athlete.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Ah yes, the movie where every zombie (even the fat ones, lame ones, babies, etc.) is an Olympic-level athlete.
    I forget, did they have their 6 pack abs airbrushed on them?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Bazinga's C-Men View Post
    Now, now...I'm sure he's just a misunderstood former car salesman...
    ...so he's Cobra Commander?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Isn't that part of what's supposed to make zombies dangerous? The human body is restrained by our mind, and the dead have no such restriction.

The Carol/Morgan subplot was solid, and I think they paced it wisely while cutting back and forth between that and the A-story. I was in suspense the whole time. And I was thinking...Carol, Morgan, Tara, Enid, Spencer...maybe only one or two people would survive Negan and we'd have a much smaller cast next season! That was my worry, of course, but it looks like Negan is smart enough to only kill one person and scare the others into working for him.

Those roadblocks were horrifying! Especially the walker with Michonne's hair. And that whistling...they really know how to set the mood. Naturally, the confrontation would happen at night. Valiant effort from Eugene the strategist, but it wasn't enough. This reminded me of the Terminus trap but on a larger scale. Poor Rick. I mean, poor everyone, but Rick looked like he was about to completely lose his sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    That said my money all season has been on Abraham and this episode even made it more likely for me. It won't be a woman because the show would be worried about domestic violence outrage. It won't be Rick or Carl because they are the unkillables given their roles in the comic. That leaves Abraham, Glenn, Darryl, and Eugene. All season they've been telegraphing Abraham. He found a reason to live a few episodes back and he talked about a future with Sasha tonight. Thats like the kiss of death.
    I agree with that reasoning. I was thinking Abraham's scene with Sasha and Eugene's willing sacrifice marked one of the two. Glenn I can see, but it would be a complete waste to get rid of Michonne or Daryl after they did nothing this episode. Aaron and Rosita are probably the least important characters present, and their deaths wouldn't have a huge impact. Depending on how much of the beating they want to show (it could just be the others reacting to it), I don't think they'd have a problem offing Maggie or Sasha just because they're female.

Seeing Rick's feelings of Manifest Destiny come crashing down in one fell swoop was powerful. Literally not one word from him as he was driven to his knees- wow. I just wonder why in that moment of defeat no one said "Please, you can have everything but this woman is pregnant and she's in trouble and she needs to get to a doctor, THAT'S ALL WE'RE TRYING TO DO!" It might have at least been worth a try seeing as how the Saviors claim that they're not really the bad guys. Probably wouldn't have worked, but still.
    Is there a doctor in that group? They wouldn't let them take Maggie to Hilltop, I'm sure. I have so many questions about Negan. Mostly about his rise to power and how he got so many followers. It can't be more than just the ability to keep them safe since they all seem okay with the messed up stuff he does. Guess most of them are just so afraid of him that they'll work for him...and the others are dicks. Taking half the stuff of everyone they come across and picking one person to die is a good tactic to get people in line quick.

Fantastic Member

I think it was Glenn or someone that came out of the truck. Near the beginning of the show and toward the end there was a POV from someone in the back of the dark truck---the second one was right before the truck's door opened and Glenn came out, and then the third POV when the bat came down. It might be Darryl, but I think he was too messed up to 'take it like a champ'.
    Last edited by DennisTheMenace; 04-05-2016 at 03:41 AM.

12938309_1712712388971182_3333327327527028974_n.jpg

I know, right? Who's gonna film his next scene stealing monologue?
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    ...so he's Cobra Commander?
    Whoawaitwhat....
    Was Cobra Commander a car salesman???
    And I suppose Zartan was an insurance agent?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Does anyone think AMC would have the balls to switch it up and have one of the female characters "meet Lucile" instead of one of the guys? I am not sure even they would go there.
    Well get rid of women and minorities and you've got Carl, Eugene, Rick, Abe, Aaron, and Daryl. Can't be Carl or Rick because why would Negan threaten to feed Rick Carl's eye if he was murdering his son in front of him.

Abe would be a misdirect as they had him stare Negan down and I think we're going to get Sasha, Abe, and Rosita as a subplot next season.

Aaron and Eugene make the most sense logically, one they barely use and the other seems to have his story wrapped up.

Then again Negan murdering Maggie makes quite a bit of sense, as Carol seems to be more the comic Maggie then Maggie is.

But it's likely Eugene

Quote Originally Posted by Siddon View Post
    Well get rid of women and minorities and you've got Carl, Eugene, Rick, Abe, Aaron, and Daryl. Can't be Carl or Rick because why would Negan threaten to feed Rick Carl's eye if he was murdering his son in front of him.
    We can't count Aaron as a minority? And if we're going to break this thing down by demographics, it'd be kind of messed up for Aaron to be the next major death right after Denise. The fact that they barely use him, as you point out, would make his death anti-climactic. We shouldn't be breathing a sigh of relief when we find out who died and that our favorite character still lives...we should have a bigger emotional response than that.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    We can't count Aaron as a minority? And if we're going to break this thing down by demographics, it'd be kind of messed up for Aaron to be the next major death right after Denise. The fact that they barely use him, as you point out, would make his death anti-climactic. We shouldn't be breathing a sigh of relief when we find out who died and that our favorite character still lives...we should have a bigger emotional response than that.
    Pretty sure it won't be Aaron, not just because of the reasons you mentioned, but they're a part of it.
    They're not going to kill Aaron right after killing Denise. I don't know how they got away with killing Bob, Tyreese, and Noah in a row (I think only Beth was between any of those deaths), but Aaron right after Denise would probably bring pitchforks. And besides, Aaron isn't an important enough character for the death to have the meaning that's required for TV Negan to be considered a legitimate Big Bad. Aaron is "the" gay dude .
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 04-06-2016 at 08:23 AM.

It was Abraham, they foreshadowed it when he postured up to Negan earlier. Then he does it again after takng Lucile to the dome. Plus who besides Abraham and Rick can take a blow like that and posture back up at Negan. Daryl is too hurt, and Glen woulda been staring at Maggie not Negan.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    It was Abraham, they foreshadowed it when he postured up to Negan earlier. Then he does it again after takng Lucile to the dome. Plus who besides Abraham and Rick can take a blow like that and posture back up at Negan. Daryl is too hurt, and Glen woulda been staring at Maggie not Negan.
    spoilers:
    Glen "took it like a champ" in the comics.
    end of spoilers
    Also, I don't care how you feel about someone, if you just took a fu*king bat to the head, you're probably going to be looking at the guy who had the bat....I don't even think someone could intentionally divert their gaze elsewhere. Your mind will probably go into "Ugh, uh oh...where's that damned bat right at this moment?" mode subconsciously.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 04-06-2016 at 08:18 AM.

I always thought it would be Glenn, and I still think it is Glenn.

I think the earlier POV shots with being trapped inside also belongs to Glenn