Btw I am really interested on the whole thing of Mexico buying corn from other countries, i am trying to calculate if it would be beneficial for them or not, i was wondering if you guys could help me, i looking for the cost of a sack/cost of production of corn in United States but I cant find any recent price, i only find prices from 2014-5, so yeah it would be very helpful if anyone knew about it, thanks
    Last edited by mojotastic; 02-14-2017 at 05:30 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

It's amazing Alex Jones even has an audience. The guy is a first class nutjob the likes of which I've never known. Outside of the fruit loops who listen to him on a regular basis, anyone else would have to be drunk or high, or drunk AND high to take him seriously.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    Strictly for the lulz. The frog thing I mentioned was based on a particularly infamous rant of his that practically became a meme just for how weird it was.
    Are all his frogs called Pepe?

Cthulhu's Accountant Shining Trapezohedron's Avatar

YouTube cancels the release of PewDiePie’s original series following Nazi controversy

PewDiePie was set to release the second season of his original series, Scare PewDiePie, a YouTube Red exclusive that the video giant paid to produce. The release of that show has now been cancelled, according to a YouTube spokesperson. PewDiePie is also being removed from the Google Preferred advertising program, which is reserved for its bigger and more marketable creators. That will have a direct hit on PewDiePie’s earnings, as the Preferred program is home to brand advertising that generates more revenue than typical YouTube advertising.

PewDiePie won’t lose his channel or his more than 50 million subscribers, and he can continue to monetize them through regular advertising. But YouTube did remove ads from the videos that set off this uproar, and will no doubt be keeping a close eye on whatever their provocative poster boy uploads in the near future.
    http://www.theverge.com/2017/2/14/14...source=twitter

This is true.
    It also relates to other people, who do it for the "lulz", but in the end it is what you become.

Let's see if he irresponsibly doubles down, as I expect, or if he learns from it.
    Last edited by Shining Trapezohedron; 02-14-2017 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Trapezohedron View Post
    http://www.theverge.com/2017/2/14/14...source=twitter

This is true.
    It also relates to other people, who do it for the "lulz", but in the end it is what you become.

Let's see if he irresponsibly doubles down, as I expect, or if he learns from it.
    Calm down, nobody is going to become a nazi because of a nazi joke.

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    Tell that to the gamer-gaters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    IM BACK

and yes, it actually took GamerGate (and some stuff that happened before) for me to see (in my mid 30s) that the gaming fandom is toxic AF and needs to be addressed

If someones attitude is going to change because they laughed at a nazi joke is not because they were converted or convinced it is because they values of that person were not strong ones or they did not hold them dear.

If someones attitude is going to change because they laughed at a nazi joke is not because they were converted it is because they values of that person were not strong one they did not hold them dear.
    You've missed the point entirely. It's not the people who laugh at it. It's the guy who tells it and then doubles down on it afterwards. Try paying attention to the guy's actual point next time.

You've missed the point entirely. It's not the people who laugh at it. It's the guy who tells it and then doubles down on it afterwards. Try paying attention to the guy's actual point next time.
    What do you mean with doubles down exactly? Like keep telling jokes like that or do you mean something else ?
    Last edited by mojotastic; 02-14-2017 at 06:26 AM.

If someones attitude is going to change because they laughed at a nazi joke is not because they were converted it is because they values of that person were not strong one they did not hold them dear.
    You've missed the point entirely. It's not the people who laugh at it -- those guys are probably /already/ jerks. It's the guy who tells it and then doubles down on it afterwards. Try paying attention to the guy's actual point next time.

Cthulhu's Accountant Shining Trapezohedron's Avatar

Perhaps his immediate YouTube audience found the clip to be in jest, but observers elsewhere interpreted the video as anti-Semitic. The Daily Stormer, the white nationalist and neo-Nazi blog, posted an article Jan. 12 applauding Kjellberg. “He could be doing all this only to cause a stir things up and get free publicity,” the Stormer wrote in a now-unavailable post (except via a cached version). “Ultimately, it doesn’t matter, since the effect is the same; it normalizes Nazism, and marginalizes our enemies.”

Such normalization troubled Jonathan Vick, an Anti-Defamation League associate director who spoke to the Wall Street Journal regarding PewDiePie’s videos. “Just putting it out there brings it more and more into the mainstream,” Vick told the Journal.

The Washington Post was unable to reach Kjellberg. On his Tumblr, Kjellberg acknowledged that “these jokes were ultimately offensive.”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...semitic-jokes/

If you don't understand how Normalization of Anti-semitism, White Supremacy, and attacking on Minorities could cause issues, you're not paying attention.

Your constant attempts to play this kind of thing down are growing tiredsome, seriously.

Not once I've seen you defend the victims of this ****.

It's the guy who tells it and then doubles down on it afterwards.

Can you explain this part for me? Maybe i dont get becuase i am not sure of the meaning of doubling down.

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Trapezohedron View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...semitic-jokes/

If you don't understand how Normalization of Anti-semitism, White Supremacy, and attacking on Minorities could cause issues, you're not paying attention.

Your constant attempts to play this kind of thing down are growing tiredsome, seriously.

Not once I've seen you defend the victims of this ****.
    Why pay attention to what daily stormer says, they are a bunch of nutjobs, also i would
    Not call it normalization, is just black comedy, is suppose to be unrespectful

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    IM BACK

and yes, it actually took GamerGate (and some stuff that happened before) for me to see (in my mid 30s) that the gaming fandom is toxic AF and needs to be addressed
    I think all fandoms are toxic at their most extreme edges, the only difference with GG was that it got them organized rather then just being individual or small collectives of complete dicks. I watched from the sidelines as that whole thing unfolded and because every respectable forum banned any talk of it out of the gate there was only 1 or 2 places to go to even find out what was going on, which quickly led to getting a single very negatively biased idea of what it was all about. Then people like Milo started to show up and exploited peoples (misplaced) anger for their own personal brand.

Not defending it(the fact that Milo is one of their big leaders says enough really) but I think it's more a very extreme and specific case. I'd like to believe that generally the most toxic parts of the gaming community are kids that are sore losers at competitive games and not...those guys.