Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Villainy Inc

Default Villainy Inc

Does anyone else what this group to be back? We got them but not had a group. Since the original was a all female group is it wrong to say I would like them to use Diana’s sisterhood in a twist way? I think a bit of changing is they should care for each other but everyone else is fair game. Who do you want on the team?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I want them to continue to build up Godwatch as a modern Villainy Inc. He botched it, but Robinson's basic idea to bring Zara and the Blue Snowman back as members was a good one.

It wouldn't make sense to include Cheetah any longer, but we could get as close to possible to the original. We already have Dr. Poison, Blue Snowman and Zara, all she'd have to do is recruit Giganta and Saturna, and Queen Clea and Hypnota if/when they ever get re-introduced.

I'm not that familiar with the original incarnation (but I guess I'll get there in a while).

When it comes to Doctor Poison she is a bit of a conundrum. Rucka had her as a bog-standard evil mercenary, and that's not a good way to handle a character with that name and that history, especially not when the movie managed to make such a compelling outline for a nihilistic amoral character obsessed with fire and pain.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

In the original we had Eviless(Saturna) , Blue Snowman,Hypnota, Zara, Gignata and Cheetah.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Does anyone else what this group to be back? We got them but not had a group. Since the original was a all female group is it wrong to say I would like them to use Diana’s sisterhood in a twist way? I think a bit of changing is they should care for each other but everyone else is fair game. Who do you want on the team?
    Personally im fond of the 'Wonder Woman has a long history and there are multiple incarnations to Villainy Inc' approach which isn't really compatable with modern canon or most peoples head canons.

Honestly, im not sure how they would work as a counterpart to the Amazons. They were originally founded by Eviless who saw potential to make profit and recruited a bunch of fellow villains who were united by their unwatering hatred of Wonder Woman and a thirst for revenge. Their entire scheme revolved around killing Wonder Woman, selling the Amazons into slavery, and looting the island of its riches. And once Wonder Woman was seemingly dead half of the team ditched Eviless and headed off to do their own thing after looting the Amazonian treasury.

While Post Crisis brought back that golden age version of the team, they tweaked it so that Queen Clea founded it to go to war with the Atlantean nation of Aurania. (They never did explain why its called Villainy Inc at this point though since the name would suggest a company.)

Honestly im not sure what to do with them. they get shockingly little use for being a supervillain team and their only consistant trait is hating Wonder Woman. With them just casually swapping from planning to sell the Amazons into slavery to working as soldiers for Queen Cleas nation of Venturia.

I suppose Sieges idea of abandoning Villainy Inc in favor of God Watch is as good as anything else, but that group makes just as little sense and seemingly only exists to justify Veronica Cale qualifying as a villain for Wonder Woman with no real purpose beyond 'find the island' and 'troll Wonder Woman'

At its heart I feel Villany Inc should have a purpose which has some relation to a corporation of villainy for its name to make sense. Be it something akin to the original Eviless who was fond of the slave trade, or something more akin to the Cartel of the Prime Planner with its mercenaries for hire.

Villainy Inc certainly has potential to be its own thing seperate from the likes of the legion of doom with its grandiose plans and Godwatch which is Veronica Cales private mercenary force that handle her errands. Just make them a group motivated by greed and a willingness to commit evil acts for money and thats accurate naming right there.

All that said though, its not like 'Avengers' made any sense as a name either and that somehow caught on so I could just be thinking about this the wrong way.

I will add though that the original Villainy Inc seemed to have been formed more out of opportunity over anything else. With the lot of them just being a group of Wonder Woman villains being held on Reform Island and just teaming up for revenge upon getting free.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I want them to continue to build up Godwatch as a modern Villainy Inc. He botched it, but Robinson's basic idea to bring Zara and the Blue Snowman back as members was a good one.

It wouldn't make sense to include Cheetah any longer, but we could get as close to possible to the original. We already have Dr. Poison, Blue Snowman and Zara, all she'd have to do is recruit Giganta and Saturna, and Queen Clea and Hypnota if/when they ever get re-introduced.

Perhaps this group of villains could go by both "Godwatch" and "Villainy Inc" kind of like how Wonder Woman is also known as the "Amazing Amazon". Great roster BTW!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Veronica Cale
    Cheetah
    Poison-Alpha
    Doctor Cyber
    Circe
    Silver Swan
    Giganta
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I'm not really interested in Villainy Inc as I prefer super villain teams that have more of a reason to exist than because they hate the hero.

If we can make them existed not just to hate on a hero what could it be? Honestly I rather have it be they should actually be friends. They just happened to be in times where Diana stopped them. Going into the whole idea with twisted sisterhood

I still say Greed would be a pretty good motivator for anything with INC in its name. As for twisted sisterhood...Eh, Naturally you can do whatever you want for your fanfic, though it would be pretty heavily dependent on who you had on said team. Honestly, most of Wonder Womans baddies hate eachother almost as much as they hate her.

Make them a group of criminals/"businessmen" that specialize in the black market and profiting from wars.

My roster:
    Drakul Karfang ( pretending to be a human(s) who loves to collect gold.
    Earl of Greed
    Warmaster
    Doctor Posion
    Kung
    Hypnota
    Angle Man
    Mayfly
    Last edited by Mutant God; 05-01-2019 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Make them a group of criminals/"businessmen" that specialize in the black market and profiting from wars.

My roster:
    Drakul Karfang ( pretending to be a human(s) who loves to collect gold.
    Earl of Greed
    Warmaster
    Doctor Posion
    Kung
    Hypnota
    Angle Man
    Oooh, a very nice roster. I confess im not sure Kungs a good fit since he was never really business savvy or motivated by money. But him aside this is pretty good.

Okay if we look at her rogue gallery some of her villains are magical or aliens. It would get a perfect story for sci-fic to return. How should Diana first come in contact with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Oooh, a very nice roster. I confess I' m not sure Kungs a good fit since he was never really business savvy or motivated by money. But him aside this is pretty good.
    Oh yeah, his powers seem very spy/mercenary like to me so I would make him or the 2nd Kung more of a "gun" for hire

What about mayfly?