Page 157 of 902 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257657 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    How is Jay White not in G1 this year but fucking Yujiro is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Jay is working with NJPW US and doing their stateside shows, so he can't. Same reason Ospreay and Suzuki aren't in it this year.
    Noodle had pointed out some working dates I was not aware of when we were speculating. And White is who they are going to be building Strong around. Moxley, American Dragon, Suzuki, are expected to help establish it, too.

Also, Ospreay recently popped positive for COVID, so he couldn't go if he wanted to.

Sabre and the lack of Suzuki were the only real surprises but made sense if you paid attention to dates.

Owens, Tanga Loa, and the Great-O-Khan were the only NEW people this year.

And holy $#!+ ... A block is STACKED!

Clearly, it is the year of Yano! Check out this mat work between him and Owens.

Last edited by BeastieRunner; 09-07-2021 at 03:28 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

And holy $#!+ ... A block is STACKED!

Clearly, it is the year of Yano! Check out this mat work between him and Owens.

i love 1:01 yano is sports and entertainment
    Last edited by steve2275; 09-07-2021 at 06:09 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Extraordinary Member

The idea that AEW doesn't plan ahead is very bizarre to me

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The challenge is that AEW has a LOT of top guys. As it stands, their top guys (off the top of my head)are:

1. Kenny Omega
    2. Jon Moxley
    3. CM Punk
    4. Brian Danielson
    5. Adam Cole
    6. Hangman Page (?)
    7. Cody Rhodes (?)

Miro could easily move up the rung given his work and the way he's been booked.

They're not really too many to manage if booked carefully.

WWE/WWF did an excellent job of managing multiple top guys at the same time (albeit a long time ago). I think ultimately it's better for a wrestling promotion to have multiple "guys" rather than a "the guy" which WWE craves so badly.
    I'm not sure the Cody counts as a top guy anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Jay is working with NJPW US and doing their stateside shows, so he can't. Same reason Ospreay and Suzuki aren't in it this year.
    He is also doing inpact.

So who is Minoru Suzuki and why is he a big deal?

Astonishing Member

https://twitter.com/search?q=%22Kevi...ertical=trends AEWsteen 2022?
    Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    who is with the steen bucks? adam cole?
    https://twitter.com/Fiend4FolIows/st...30132756025345 thanks for not answering
    Last edited by steve2275; 09-07-2021 at 06:48 PM.
    Transformers TCG player

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The WWE has tried to map out Wrestlemania and at times they have. But also at times these plans change and have for 20+ years. I'll give examples...

- Wrestlemania 13 : The original plans were that Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels would happen with Shawn doing the honors as World Champion to Bret as a rematch from WM 12. Instead Shawn did his "lose his smile" nonsense and walked off. Which threw plans insane. At one point a month or 2 before Wrestlemania they had plans to make Bret Hart vs Steve Austin a WWF World title match with Austin winning that Fatal Fourway in Feb 1997. That changed the week of it as Vince held off. So they went with Undertaker.

- Wrestlemania 16 : This one was supposed to be a 3 way match originally with HHH , Rock and Big Show. But fans just went off on things as they demanded Mick Foley be placed in match. Vince realized that Foley deserved a Main Event match as a send off and added him to it. But that wasn't supposed to happen. A fact Vince came to Foley and talked him into doing it and paid him very well for it.

- Wrestlemania 17 : This one its rumored had huge changes made due to the buyout of WCW. And I have to believe it as the popular big "rumor" was that Vince would be making Steve Austin or Rock ...be World Champion of WCW Brand they planned to launch in May. Its likely the Rock as Austin had turned heel as we saw. So had WCW took off The Rock would become WCW World Champion on that brand.

- Wrestlemania 18 : This one is known for the absolute piss poor build of Jericho/HHH which had HHH continue to refuse to put over Jericho (which its said he never did because ...he's stupid) . But the match that should have headlined this PPV and didn't is...Hogan vs Rock. This match changed of course as Austin detailed that he was offered Hulk Hogan 1st. To go over and he turned it down as he felt him and Hogan wouldn't work well. Due to going at a higher gear at that stage than Hogan. The Rock took this match and this is considered really the main event.

I can keep going and likely find more changes sure. But no company will lock in booking and ignore huge talent additions (and Punk is a BIG A+ talent) or fans tastes changing or wrestlers being assholes backstage etc. Its just we have seen TNA , WCW and WWF/E do it for years. AEW is no different. They gotta sell tickets , PPVs and lure ratings. So of course they will change course on things.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I think originally Kenny Omega was gonna take time off but with adding Punk , Bryan and Cole to the roster he's likely sticking around for the Elite heel stable group to pass to Cole next. That Omega will lose eventually , lose his title and matches to Danielson and Punk ...with us seeing Cole kick him out of The Elite in the end. Taking over heel stable.

So were gonna see months more of Kenny BY GAAAWWWD Omega on TV ! LOL
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

And it appears....Kevin Steen is on his way there next after Bray Wyatt. In a tweet Steen posted about Mt. Rushmore and with a Almost There deal with Bucks etc. He later deleted it. According to Fightful Select , Steen's WWE contract expires in January 2022. So he seems to be throwing out he'll be in AEW soon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    And it appears....Kevin Steen is on his way there next after Bray Wyatt. In a tweet Steen posted about Mt. Rushmore and with a Almost There deal with Bucks etc. He later deleted it. According to Fightful Select , Steen's WWE contract expires in January 2022. So he seems to be throwing out he'll be in AEW soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    kenny vs kevin 2022 omega vs steen 2022
    kick k l r a lil more harder there ember
    i wouldnt more ember moon vs kay lee ray
    its the the Dudes Of Dunne (D O D)
    Wade Barrett's GREAT
    i like these creed brothers (brutus and julius)
    I LOVE HIT ROW
    Last edited by steve2275; 09-07-2021 at 09:02 PM.
    Transformers TCG player

Extraordinary Member

Sami's contract supposedly expires in October

Astonishing Member

i trust dexter lumis with an axe
    Transformers TCG player

Astonishing Member

It's honestly baffling how it seems WWE let almost an entire generation of future talent slip through their fingers.

Astonishing Member

not the lucha brothers not punk not my fellow Washingtonians not adam cole
    my favorite moment was ruby soho
    Last edited by steve2275; 09-08-2021 at 12:29 AM.
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    I am kinda torn on AEW, yes they have some momentum and are bringing in some big stars but there doesn't seem to be a gameplan behind what is going on. I am not sure they have any idea what will be going on 3 months from now. In the WWE it is rumored that next year's Wrestlemania main event is being plotted out right after the end of the previous one. AEW seems like a hodge podge, what is up with Mox? Who are Kenny's next few feuds, what are they going to do with....??? They have tag teams but what storylines are going on with them. What's the plan for death triangle? Is there a plan for the women's division besides the DMD? I like Punk, Danielson and Cole but from a distance it feels like, "hey guys thanks for coming what would you like to do?" Which might make the talent happy at first without a strong hand to guide storylines become a mess like the Hangman Page Omega feud. Why Punk against Darby, even if Punk likes him and wants to give him a rub there needs to be someone to guide the ship that does what is best for business.
    to each their own of course but i feel like you're watching a different promotion. if anything the booking is too basic/predictable. every title win/change has seemed very damn calculated. i think they have a very good idea where they're headed in the next 3 months. i also don't see how hangman vs omega was a mess. there was a lot of drama, but a mess?? no.

The Elite themselves are feeling a lot like the N.W.O. in all the worst ways, over powered and self indulgent when it comes to the booking. Not that I am loving WWE right not either but AEW seems to have lots of talent I am just not sure if they know what they are doing with it, like WCW when they had the young Eddie, Jericho, Benoit, Juvi, Psychosis, La Parka all wasted in the shadow of over done Hogan, lazy Nash, drunken Hall and drugged out X-Pac while Sting chilled in the rafters.
    you're really comparing the bucks and omega to hall, nash, and hogan?? wtf is going on??

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    true but as sad as it is to say, Raw is better now with the seat of the pants stuff than it was for previous 6 months with the boring repetitive stuff. The WWE might need a better plan/firmer hand but it feels like AEW has neither and in the end that might be worse.
    idk, i thought raw was still pretty shitty especially considering the amount of talent they have on their roster.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Still riding the high from All Out ... the G-1 31 tourney is set!

Block A

* Kota Ibushi
    * Tomohiro Ishii
    * Toru Yano
    * Shingo Takagi
    * Tetsuya Naito
    * Zack Sabre Jr.
    * The Great O-Khan
    * KENTA
    * Tanga Loa
    * Yujiro Takahashi

Block B

* Hiroshi Tanahashi
    * Kazuchika Okada
    * Hirooki Goto
    * YOSHI-HASHI
    * SANADA
    * Taichi
    * Jeff Cobb
    * EVIL
    * Tama Tonga
    * Chase Owens
    lets go goto!!!!

I'd day Punk has became the #2 man in promotion quick. He was main center piece of PPV poster on All Out and the report earlier was Warner Media wants a promotional push on him.

He's #2 and its likely gonna be #1 at some point in a few months. I told folks booking plans change. With Punk and Danielson in company now you gotta push em.
    you also told us punk vs omega needed to happen at all out. i don't see any evidence that booking plans have changed.

who could've seen that coming

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    It's honestly baffling how it seems WWE let almost an entire generation of future talent slip through their fingers.
    i'm still baffled that so many of those guys got signed in the 1st place. not that they weren't talented enough but i just never imagined wwe pushing those types.