Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^^
    Speaking for myself the current Supergirl show hasn't completely wrapped yet and HBO Max is going to announce another one? Give this character a few years break. The double down is that the "Super"-vese just to Superman&Lois started which is the heir apparent to this Supergirl.

I don't have fatigue so much as I want variety. The Blue Beetle was a solid announcement, same for GL. Those are solid.
    However the Black Canary spinoff is a big WTF? That Birds of Prey movie was horrid, the characterizations were bad...just why???

A noted the Batgirl film is in limbo. They Cyborg film died for a few reasons + a whole host of announced projects with no forward momentum.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Their entire release slate for HBO Max series/standalones, what connects to what or what doesn't is overly complicated really. I get wanting to be able to tell alternate reality stories etc but it seems like they should be able to streamline an overall objective a bit in terms of where everyone belongs.

It would give me more confidence for example that they are really putting long term effort in these releases. Last I read about Batgirl was they had the actress cast and it was going to be on HBO MAX. I mean without interfering with the individual creativity of the properties I think most would want to know as these come out who belong where in the larger sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    hmmm, I wonder if this could be a sign for a general comic book adaption fatigue. Usually way back when, any news of a movie gets people excited or at least curious but this may be changing because we have so many comic book films and tv shows now that are almost all the same or following a formula. we subconsciously don't know we are getting fatigued of them all.
    Or that WB burned any good will they had over the last number of years with mediocre DC movies that give fans no reason to be excited for anything new they do with the brand.

Much more logical reason than some imaginary "formula"
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member

DC Extended Universe
    Batgirl Film

U.S. release date

Director
    Adil El Arbi
    & Bilall Fallah

Screenwriter(s)
    Christina Hodson

Story by
    Christina Hodson

Producer(s)
    Kristin Burr

Status
    Pre-production

So if it's on HBO max does that mean the Titans superboy Josh orpin can show up on this show?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    ^^^^^
    Speaking for myself the current Supergirl show hasn't completely wrapped yet and HBO Max is going to announce another one? Give this character a few years break. The double down is that the "Super"-vese just to Superman&Lois started which is the heir apparent to this Supergirl.

I don't have fatigue so much as I want variety. The Blue Beetle was a solid announcement, same for GL. Those are solid.
    However the Black Canary spinoff is a big WTF? That Birds of Prey movie was horrid, the characterizations were bad...just why???

A noted the Batgirl film is in limbo. They Cyborg film died for a few reasons + a whole host of announced projects with no forward momentum.
    It can still take a few years for HBO Supergirl to get off the ground. Look how long it took for WB to get the Flash movie this show is spinning off of to get made.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    So if it's on HBO max does that mean the Titans superboy Josh orpin can show up on this show?
    The new Supergirl series will be a dceu show.
    Titans is non dceu.
    Here is a list of dceu and non dceu shows and movies.

Update-

All current dc shows and upcoming shows and films for hbo max
    The Batman Getting a Penguin Spinoff Series at HBO Max
    https://www.cbr.com/the-batman-penguin-spinoff-hbo-max/

DC Extended Universe

The DC Extended Universe (DCEU) is an American media franchise and shared universe centered on a series of superhero films based on characters that appeared in American comic books by DC Comics, produced by DC Films and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. The franchise also includes comic books, short films, novels, and video games. The DCEU, much like the original DC Universe in comic books, was established by crossing over common plot elements, settings, cast, and characters.

Warner Bros. had plans to bring various DC Comics superheroes together in films since 2002, when Wolfgang Petersen was set to direct a crossover of the Batman and Superman film franchises. After a planned Justice League film was put on hold and the success of The Dark Knight in 2008, Warner Bros. decided to focus on individual franchises but began to start building a shared universe to compete with Marvel Studios' Marvel Cinematic Universe in 2011. The DCEU was originally planned to center around five films directed by Zack Snyder, but by 2018 DC Films downplayed the shared nature of the universe in order to allow greater autonomy for the individual filmmakers.

Films

Batgirl
    In March 2017, it was announced that Joss Whedon was in talks to write, direct and produce a Batgirl film as part of the DC Extended Universe.Whedon was to begin production on the film in 2018, but stepped down in February 2018.
    In April 2018, after impressing the studio with her work on the forthcoming film Birds of Prey, Christina Hodson was hired as screenwriter for Batgirl.
    In May 2021, Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah were announced as the film's co-directors, with plans to release the film on HBO Max. Kristin Burr will produce the project. Leslie Grace was ultimately cast as Barbara Gordon / Batgirl. The film is scheduled for Warner Bros. Pictures 2022–2023 release slate.

Black Canary 
    In August 2021, a film centered around Dinah Lance / Black Canary was announced to be in development with Jurnee Smollett reprising her role as the character from Birds of Prey. Misha Green will write the script and Sue Kroll will produce. The film will be a joint-venture between Warner Bros. Pictures and Kroll & Co. Entertainment. The project is being developed as an HBO Max exclusive film.

Blue Beetle 
    In November 2018, a film centered around the Jaime Reyes incarnation of Blue Beetle was in development, with a script written by Gareth Dunnet-Alcocer. Zev Foreman will serve as an executive producer. By February 2021, Angel Manuel Soto signed on as director,with principal photography expected to begin in early 2022. In June, Xolo Maridueña entered early negotiations to portray the titular character, and was officially cast by August of the same year. The project is being developed as an HBO Max exclusive film, and is scheduled for Warner Bros. Pictures' 2022–2023 release slate.

Static Shock 
    In August 2020, it was announced at DC FanDome that a live-action film centered around Static is in development. In October 2020, Michael B. Jordan joined the production team as a producer alongside Reginald Hudlin.In December 2020, Walter Hamada described the film as a project that could be developed for HBO Max, as an exclusive film. By March 2021, Randy McKinnon was hired as screenwriter. The project will be a joint-venture production between Warner Bros. Pictures, Outlier Society, Milestone Media, and DC Films.The film is scheduled for Warner Bros. Pictures 2022–2023 release slate.

Television
    The Suicide Squad spin-offs
    Peacemaker (2022)
    In September 2020, James Gunn announced that a television series spin-off of The Suicide Squad (2021) centered on Christopher Smith / Peacemaker was in development for HBO Max, with its eight episodes written by Gunn who will direct several of them, and serves as an executive producer alongside Peter Safran. The series will star John Cena, Steve Agee, and Jennifer Holland, who reprise their respective roles as Peacemaker, John Economos, and Emilia Harcourt from the film, alongside Danielle Brooks as Leota Adebayo,Robert Patrick as Auggie Smith, and Freddie Stroma as Adrian Chase / The Vigilante. Filming began in Vancouver, Canada in January 2021,and concluded in July 2021. Peacemaker is scheduled for release in January 2022.
    Justice League Dark series
    Justice League Dark
    In January 2013, Guillermo del Toro began developing a film centered on the Justice League Dark and submitted a script in November 2014, but was no longer attached by June 2015. In August 2016, Doug Liman joined to direct with the title Dark Universe, alongside Scott Rudin producing and Michael Gilio rewriting the script.Liman left in May 2017 due to scheduling conflicts.In mid-2017, it was retitled Justice League Dark with Gerard Johnstone polishing the script. In April 2020, HBO Max and J. J. Abrams' Bad Robot Productions announced that the project would be redeveloped as a series for HBO Max, with Abrams serving as an executive producer.According to Variety, Justice League Dark will likely premiere after the individual team members are introduced in their own series, similar to how Marvel Television's Netflix series individually premiered before crossing over in The Defenders (2017).

Untitled John Constantine series 
    In February 2021, a series focusing on John Constantine entered early development at HBO Max. The series, featuring a young Constantine, will be horror-oriented and will tie in with Justice League Dark. Guy Bolton will write the pilot, while Abrams will executive produce through Bad Robot. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Bad Robot and HBO Max seek to cast a non-white actor as Constantine.

Madame X 
    In June 2021, a series focusing on Madame Xanadu entered early development at HBO Max. Angela Robinson will write the series and executive produce along with J.J. Abrams through Bad Robot. The series will tie in with Justice League Dark.
    Other series in development
    Untitled Superman series
    In July 2021, a limited series centered around Val-Zod was reported to be in development for HBO Max. Michael B. Jordan and his production company Outlier Society are set to produce, with Jordan potentially also starring in the series. Jordan had previously pitched a feature flim centered around an African-American Superman, only to place developments on hold due to his busy production schedule.

Non DC Extended Universe
    Titans

Doom Patrol

Green Lantern

Strange Adventures

DC Super Hero High

Untitled Gotham City Police Department series

DMZ

The Batman Getting a Penguin Spinoff Series at HBO Max
    Animated
    Aquaman: King of Atlantis

Harley Quinn

Young Justice

Batman: Caped Crusader

My Adventures With Superman
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...HBO-Max/page42
    Last edited by mace11; 09-27-2021 at 10:15 AM.

Extraordinary Member

And a update for the hbo max dc shows just recently posted.

So far current and upcoming live action hbo max dc shows.
    DC Extended Universe
    Peacemaker
    Justice League Dark
    Constantine
    Madame X 
    Superman Val-Zod
    Supergirl
    Show or Film
    Green Arrow

Non DC Extended Universe
    Titans
    Doom Patrol
    Green Lantern
    DC Super Hero High
    Gotham City Police Department
    DMZ
    Penguin
    Strange Adventures
    Dead Boy Detectives
    Note-By the way the green lantern hbo max show could still be in the dceu but so far we don't know yet.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...HBO-Max/page47

Well, at least she's cute.

Extraordinary Member

Both Superman & Lois and Stargirl are surprisingly good (of course it helps that HBO Max has a little something to do with the production).

And yeah, I have to agree, it's more likely DCEU fatigue than it is superhero fatigue in general. The DCEU in general is still recovering from the incredibly disappointing responses to MOS, BvS, and JL. And while they did appear to be on an upswing with the first WW, Aquaman, and Shazam when they wisely decided to move away from Snyder's ill-thought out formula, they definitely stumbled with WW84. Hopefully James Gunn Suicide Squad can help the DCEU move past 84 and get back on the right track again.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    And a update for the hbo max dc shows just recently posted.

So far current and upcoming live action hbo max dc shows.
    DC Extended Universe

Show or Film

Non DC Extended Universe

Note-By the way the green lantern hbo max show could still be in the dceu but so far we don't know yet.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...HBO-Max/page47

I don't see the point in not having everything connected, it's not like the CW had their Crisis crossover and showed every HBO max show and Ezra Miller as the flash with their flash.

It could easily be like the actual comics how all the heroes live on the same planet, but they all do their own thing.... Unless they want a crossover
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

I just hope she's Kara. And I wish she was blonde.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I just hope she's Kara. And I wish she was blonde.
    I think she'll still be named Kara at least.

Justice League Dark series
    Well, I WAS looking forward to these... until I saw that JJ F'ing Abrams is involved. Hard Pass.

Because as weird as it is to think about as a fan, this new Supergirl isn't replacing the CW's Supergirl - she's replacing the DCEU's Superman. She's the Super of the cinematic universe going forward, that's why she's getting a show.

That Birds of Prey movie was horrid, the characterizations were bad...just why???
    Because a lot of people, myself included, liked the movie and liked Black Canary in it. True the film didn't have great BO success, but the ratings/reviews were largely good to great and it's done extremely well since on home video and streaming.

A noted the Batgirl film is in limbo.
    Batgirl isn't in limbo - they've already have the script, the actress to play Barbara is cast, and they've confirmed JK Simmons is returning to play Jim Gordon.