Circe.

/filler
    Mabey WW will pop up

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post
    Jay Anacleto:

Zatanna discovers the Fibonacci series.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    She leading a 6 part feature with him we’re gonna talk Batman and Constantine
    I didn't say you couldn't talk about them. Just to not derail the thread talking about them.

Quote Originally Posted by comic_creechur View Post
    (From Day of Judgement #5)

(From Swamp Thing #49)

Is Zatanna Shallow? I hate these takes on her so much. Ow the edge of that last line. Not a Constantine fan, having not read Hellblazer yet but I just hate Zee coming off as like... everyone's magician waifu. 🤮🤮🤮 I don't really get how they got together or split up either. Is it weird I just headcannon their whole thing as toxic af?
    Who's Eric?

Anyway, I don't see the problem with the first scan, she asked a guy out after a big battle. She has always been light and care free.

Source: Zatanna: Everyday Magic.

I think, ultimately, it comes down to execution.

"Emerald has been researching real life magic, witches, cults etc."

Oh this just pisses me off!! She should be researching stage magicians, escape artists, showmen etc. This kinda makes me doubt she's even read any Zatanna comic before JLD.
    I'd really hate it if she goes for that goth version of Zee. I can see her go for it for the lame reason that "it fits the dark universe we're try to set up with Constantine".

I have to read Everyday Magic one of these days...

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I didn't say you couldn't talk about them. Just to not derail the thread talking about them.

Who's Eric?

Anyway, I don't see the problem with the first scan, she asked a guy out after a big battle. She has always been light and care free.

[IMG ]https://2.bp.blogspot.com/hAwhh-XECxHo7195BFWlufbjwOHFOsmwZ0y0tXXe_nFYCkHt5BBpQ5la SQUZgyiiBbBL5IgnP7oqFr5gY5hynHPJQin24c0Hwwd7nODxN7 QZMM_QQQxpV6WwZ9hUcavK44VLNg=s1600[/IMG]

He's just some literal background guy working at the bar. Who's Hal??? Another background dude? Ew, I forgot about this. EW don't even get me started on Paul Dini's Zee.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post

Oh this just pisses me off!! She should be researching stage magicians, escape artists, showmen etc. This kinda makes me doubt she's even read any Zatanna comic before JLD.
    I'd really hate it if she goes for that goth version of Zee. I can see her go for it for the lame reason that "it fits the dark universe we're try to set up with Constantine".
    I just hope she doesn’t pull another Cass Cain
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Agreed. Zatanna is a stage magician not a dark witch.

I love me some goth girls but Zee doesn't fit the aesthetic that they are trying to force her into. It makes her less unique and interesting, imo.

Sadly, the people not familiar with the comic book version or only know her from JLD will likely eat this up just like they did with the subpar version of Black Canary on Arrow and BOP.

Quote Originally Posted by comic_creechur View Post
    He's just some literal background guy working at the bar. Who's Hal??? Another background dude? Ew, I forgot about this. EW don't even get me started on Paul Dini's Zee.
    Everybody's a background guy until you get to know them.

There is also nothing wrong with casually dating and knowing someone.

Agreed. Zatanna is a stage magician not a dark witch.

I love me some goth girls but Zee doesn't fit the aesthetic that they are trying to force her into. It makes her less unique and interesting, imo.

Sadly, the people not familiar with the comic book version or only know her from JLD will likely eat this up just like they did with the subpar version of Black Canary on Arrow and BOP.
    Being goth is Raven's shtick now.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Who's Eric?

So I went looking for this on Amazon. A physical copy is over $100. I guess it's popular.
    Assassinate Putin!

Yeah, hopefully Zatanna still retain her pizzaz magician persona, give some light or as moral paragon to the JLD. At least I hope the movie strengthening the notion of Zatanna as independent character.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This was probably the most explicit they've been with young Bruce and Zatanna's relationship. Young Bruce seemed like he was barely keeping it in his pants.
    Cut him some slack, he is still young. Thought I do wonder where Bruce learn to develop his playboy persona? Giovanni seems give him some romantic tips xd

So now that Wonder woman is back in JLD, does that mean the two issues of JLD future state never happened?

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

So now that Wonder woman is back in JLD, does that mean the two issues of JLD future state never happened?
    JLD's Future State was suppose to be the Bad Future where Merlin effectively won. FS Khalid says that he only lived through one timeline in which they won. He basically intends to prevent the bad future from coming to pass through Etrigan (demon memory or something) and the thing they didn't have in any of the other timelines except the one where they won (which seems implied to be Merlin's soul fragment)

Basically, JLD is the good timeline.

I have to re-read it to be sure, however.
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 01-14-2022 at 09:07 AM.

Sounds like a disaster. Zatanna has never been that much of an occult character, like yeah she,s magic but it's usually zanier magic and not the ultra dark vertigo kind.

I was hoping for a campier/flashier movie like Shazam or like She-Hulk seems to be, the vegas showgirl with magic powers is way more interesting than goth witch #21435

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Sounds like a disaster. Zatanna has never been that much of an occult character, like yeah she,s magic but it's usually zanier magic and not the ultra dark vertigo kind.

I was hoping for a campier/flashier movie like Shazam or like She-Hulk seems to be, the vegas showgirl with magic powers is way more interesting than goth witch #21435
    Look, she has fishnets on her arms. That's totally memorable .