Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Have we seriously reached a point where the only story DC can tell with the Justice League is "They lost. Again."
    Don't be silly. They can also tell "reality is broken. Again." stories with them.

Wait I thought Hal was the GL in the Justice League. How come John gets subbed in just to get killed off?
    The J-man

Ah, the removal of good characters to push the mostly shitty Infinite Frontier legacy characters to the forefront finally begins without pretense.

Its obvious a Crisis is coming either way, I'm not that blind, but at the same time who would trust this creatively soulless regime to actually fix the things they're willfully breaking in the first place, reality-altering reset button event incoming or not?
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-19-2022 at 12:12 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I think I'll pass, unless reviews indicate this is something different than what I think it is. I'm tired of being strung along. It's been over 5 years since DC promised to fix itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Wait I thought Hal was the GL in the Justice League. How come John gets subbed in just to get killed off?
    The writers really haven't been clear about this.

Okay, I'm imagining Hal tiptoeing out of the lineup to safety and it got me my first genuine laugh out of this mess.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Probably put Hal back in as GL lead. Wally stays on as Flash. JSA back. And no JL team for now or the Elseworld JLU and Earth 0 JSA team ups for now on.

I don't expect full on Future State world, it was somewhat averted.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Okay, I'm imagining Hal tiptoeing out of the lineup to safety and it got me my first genuine laugh out of this mess.
    DC sidelining him finally paid off in the most unexpected way possible .

Astonishing Member

Hopefully, some of the Titans get free from Titans Academy and a promotion out of this.

Titans is due to relaunch anyway, we already know Academy's writer is leaving.
    The League doesn't currently have a Lantern at all.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

What's really the purpose of "killing" Hal at this point. Is there anyone in the DCU who has died more than him, Morrison even joked about it in their run when Hal dies and then his spectre immediately goes "Dead again?" If even the character himself doesn't take his deaths seriously, why would the readers.

Extraordinary Member

I just hope he said the line from Deadpool first.

I think Steve Trevor could give him a run. Dude was dying on Diana constantly pre-Crisis.

Initially, I planned to drop justice league because of this, but I am intrigued by the newer heroes and how they react to all of this. I think that Superman on war world would be more shocking to Jon than him dying after this. And the green lantern hierarchy has really been shaken up if john’s the major hero that dies and Hal’s still around.

He's made like two appearances with the Justice League, in the Jon Kent book and in WW after Diana came back when for some reason he didn't have his ring on and was wearing regular clothes. He is stationed on Earth but he hasn't been treated as the regular JL at all. Maybe he's in quarantine or something.