Page 274 of 661 FirstFirst ... 174224264270271272273274275276277278284324374 ... LastLast
Results 4,096 to 4,110 of 9901
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "The past Guardians also thought Fife was worthy. So what about your insurrection," Ochazuke pressed, he chuckled "their judgment is suspect if he was rejected and felled by the very duty imposed upon him."
    “He served for over fifty years without stumble or fault. The truth is all mortal beings, human or not, are fallible. Though it did make me nervous when I went to take the mantle.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    "In a way, yes. I did seek out a replacement. However, it seems something beyond me had plans, for a perfect candidate was brought here without my meddling."

Her eyes turn slightly and look upon Ronin Kai before cutting back to Ishtar.

"He dislikes the idea, but he has already begun to understand there could be little better choice."
    Ishtar did not know the man Kami glanced at well, but he had been brought here by powers beyond the young Guardian's own meddling. Ishtar let slip a dry chuckle. Chosen for a purpose that in realizing, was not to their liking. The similarity was an amusing one, and yet where this one had found acceptance, the other continued searching for answers.

"I see."

After a moment, the Oni spoke again. "Forgive my earlier ... Outburst. The revalation of your ... acquaintance with my former mentor, caught me off-guard."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar did not know the man Kami glanced at well, but he had been brought here by powers beyond the young Guardian's own meddling. Ishtar let slip a dry chuckle. Chosen for a purpose that in realizing, was not to their liking. The similarity was an amusing one, and yet where this one had found acceptance, the other continued searching for answers.

"I see."

After a moment, the Oni spoke again. "Forgive my earlier ... Outburst. The revalation of your ... acquaintance with my former mentor, caught me off-guard."
    “Nothing to forgive. To be honest, speaking about these things with more people has....eased the burden somewhat.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Nothing to forgive. To be honest, speaking about these things with more people has....eased the burden somewhat.”
    Ishtar offered Kami a small smile then. "Then one supposes, that is enough. Again, forgive my outburst. It merely spoke to my own ignorance over a situation centuries before I became aware of it." It still made the Oni uncomfortable that she had tampered with the fate of this planet, as it pertained to balance ... but the young woman could not be faulted in doing her job, when so many others had not.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Jack looked at Shasheem. Then towards were he presumed the room to be.

Then back at Shasheem.

"Slay evil, huh?"
    Sasheem, who was nearly completely zoned out of the conversation at this point, noted Jack looking towards his direction and promptly raised his middle finger at the human in response.

“He served for over fifty years without stumble or fault. The truth is all mortal beings, human or not, are fallible. Though it did make me nervous when I went to take the mantle.”
    "But you did," Ochazuke replied, "and took it from Fife. Fifty fruitless years and he would then make himself tyrant, and now he has returned."

"We are here. Now. If you would save this planet, then go on and do your duty."

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "But you did," Ochazuke replied, "and took it from Fife. Fifty fruitless years and he would then make himself tyrant, and now he has returned."

"We are here. Now. If you would save this planet, then go on and do your duty."
    She nods.

“Indeed. Very well, as things have prevented Capsule Corp from being your training ground, I shall train you all here starting early in the morning. I suppose I should demonstrate that I am capable in this regard as well.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Sasheem, who was nearly completely zoned out of the conversation at this point, noted Jack looking towards his direction and promptly raised his middle finger at the human in response.
    Jack grinned about six teeth toi wide and stared at the toilet. Very slowly he dragged an Ace of Spades across his throat.

Despite his words of bravado, Charco couldn't help but feel very small among them at the moment.

There was no regret with his words and he meant everything he said, yet once again it appeared that the others had more at stake in this unfolding situation. One had been brought to replace Kami, others sought vengeance against some vaguely named figure, while others seemed so affected by Kami's influence.

It shouldn't have bothered him, but the sense of isolation of being an outsider to this whole ordeal was beginning to rub him harshly.

No, he was used to the isolation, or so he thought. Perhaps this irritation came from all this talk and planning without action? That thought brought comfort, as it could be easily solved, thus he chose to hang on to it for the time being.

Further comfort came with Kami's words that they would resume training soon enough. That would surely shut everyone up so they could focus on what truly mattered: power.

Astonishing Member

She nods.

“Indeed. Very well, as things have prevented Capsule Corp from being your training ground, I shall train you all here starting early in the morning. I suppose I should demonstrate that I am capable in this regard as well.”
    "You don't mean 'train' in the same manner that Jinzi did, do you?"

While the guardian of earth was most likely still quite capable, the knowledge of the fate that awaited her in a few scant years made the idea of fighting her seem unpalatable to the Nevadian.

"I mean no disrespect, but....In your condition, that seems to be a bit much, don't you think?"

Held had put it delicately. While she had explained her condition to the others, there were few assembled who had seen her condition to the extent that the Nevadian had. The little ki that remained in her system was akin to the last gasps of a flopping fish, holding onto what little water--what little oxygen--it had left. Held had no idea what she was like so many years ago, but her current condition....

He wondered how exhausted she must be just to exist, let alone to train others. He had seen death in others, to be sure. But to see it looming so immensely throughout their entire being, vast rivers of ki and power reduced to barren flows and trickles in others....It was a sight unbeknowst to him until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Jack grinned about six teeth toi wide and stared at the toilet. Very slowly he dragged an Ace of Spades across his throat.
    Sasheem growled in response. He couldn't understand what this human was grinning about, everyone else seemed to be wallowing in despair over whatever Kami was talking about.

At any rate, he didn't like the implied threat and briefly wondered if he could pinpoint that starving village Jack had mentioned earlier from the tower...

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "You don't mean 'train' in the same manner that Jinzi did, do you?"

While the guardian of earth was most likely still quite capable, the knowledge of the fate that awaited her in a few scant years made the idea of fighting her seem unpalatable to the Nevadian.

"I mean no disrespect, but....In your condition, that seems to be a bit much, don't you think?"

Held had put it delicately. While she had explained her condition to the others, there were few assembled who had seen her condition to the extent that the Nevadian had. The little ki that remained in her system was akin to the last gasps of a flopping fish, holding onto what little water--what little oxygen--it had left. Held had no idea what she was like so many years ago, but her current condition....

He wondered how exhausted she must be just to exist, let alone to train others. He had seen death in others, to be sure. But to see it looming so immensely throughout their entire being, vast rivers of ki and power reduced to barren flows and trickles in others....It was a sight unbeknowst to him until now.
    For the first time, Kami smiles widely and then smirks at Held. She does not look a guardian, but more a young women, eager to prove a point.

“Dying. Not dead yet.”

She moves toward the edge of the Lookout and looks up. Spotting something trailing high in the star field, she looks back at them.

“An asteroid that will break up in atmosphere. It’s a bit beyond the moon right now. Hmm, it’s been awhile.....”

Power begins to rise around Kami as she begins powering up. A white power aura snaps on around her as the Lookout begins to shake a bit. She begins powering up, yelling, and any with ki senses or a scouter register a powerful aura beyond their own by a fair margin. Held can see the rivers of her inner ki suddenly flood a bit more as energy begins building in her.

She cups her hands ather side, angling her body so she looks up.

“An impromptu lesson. This attack was taught to me by a dear friend. It was his signature move, and now I alone remember how to do it.”

Energy begins looking into her hands.

“Ka...........me...........”

More and more power pools.

“Ha.........me..........”

Kami grins, her teeth showing white as the light from her ki and the crescent moon above outline her face. With a final gesture, she throws her cupped hands upward and out, screaming as a gigantic beam of energy tears from her hands and streaks off into the sky impossibly quickly.

“HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!”

The faint asteroid tracking in the sky is obliterated as Kami’s beam strikes it a few seconds later. A few more moments and the ki beams fades off as Kami stops. Not even breathing hard she looks at Held.

“I’ll last, I think.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

For the first time, Kami smiles widely and then smirks at Held. She does not look a guardian, but more a young women, eager to prove a point.

“Dying. Not dead yet.”

She moves toward the edge of the Lookout and looks up. Spotting something trailing high in the star field, she looks back at them.

“An asteroid that will break up in atmosphere. It’s a bit beyond the moon right now. Hmm, it’s been awhile.....”

Power begins to rise around Kami as she begins powering up. A white power aura snaps on around her as the Lookout begins to shake a bit. She begins powering up, yelling, and any with ki senses or a scouter register a powerful aura beyond their own by a fair margin. Held can see the rivers of her inner ki suddenly flood a bit more as energy begins building in her.

“An impromptu lesson. This attack was taught to me by a dear friend. It was his signature move, and now I alone remember how to do it.”

Kami grins, her teeth showing white as the light from her ki and the crescent moon above outline her face. With a final gesture, she throws her cupped hands upward and out, screaming as a gigantic beam of energy tears from her hands and streaks off into the sky impossibly quickly.

The faint asteroid tracking in the sky is obliterated as Kami’s beam strikes it a few seconds later. A few more moments and the ki beams fades off as Kami stops. Not even breathing hard she looks at Held.

“I’ll last, I think.”
    Midori and Shiro stared in awe at the beam attack from the woman known as Kami before Midori asked "That was AMAZING! Can you teach us to do that attack?!"
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Fantastic Member

The display of force rocked the lookout, and Koorimaru along with it. Suspended above the heavens, it might have been a matter of concern that Kami's show of power now seemed to threaten to topple them from their perch. As energy gathered into Kami, Koorimaru could not help but display some measure of amusement at what clearly was now the titanic amount of power now flowing through her.

"Ohohohohohohoh, this brings me back to my glory days."

He'd barely finished those words before Kami fired a beam of ki from her palms that rended the skies and embraced the astroid in pure destructive oblivion. Not even a single remnant rained from the skies as Kami relaxed her posture.

There were only so many ways to use Ki for strictly offensive purposes, of course, and eventually one realised that the number of beam-based ki attacks were merely one variant of one particular group of ki beams or another. The only major difference one found in each of these variations undoubtedly became the extent of damage they caused or how effectively they used one's limited supply of ki.

While Koorimaru could not speak for the latter, this technique, this 'Kamehameha' was amongst the most impressive displays of the former he'd witnessed. How much of that was due to Kami's own power reserves was a matter worth considering naturally, but that did not take away from the sheer magnificence of the display.

I shall have to remember to ask Kami about this trick of hers when the Shimyakugan's curse is broken.... If she manages to live that long, that is.

Gazing hungrily at Kami, Koorimaru brought his hands together into a slow deliberate clap, "A most incredible display, my dear Kami. I can see why Fife had much to fear of you in centuries past. Although while it is good to know that we will have more to be cautious of while training with you than the other way round, I must ask what will be the nature of that training. While I would not take anything away from the sheer ingenuity of our dear Pantaloon's technological masterpiece, there are surely more ways than to build our martial capabilities than to set us all on a single lone target."
    Last edited by KamenRaida; 02-23-2018 at 11:39 PM.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

“Dying. Not dead yet.”

“I’ll last, I think.”
    Sarada watched Kami charge up her ki blast. She felt the power cycling through her body and coalescing in the space between her hands before her new scouter detected it. It was massive. She had only seen that much power in the most power of Saiyans, the super elites. Everyone else paled in comparison.

She felt the power spike when she launched her attack, the Kamehameha, apparently. I never did understand the point of announcing my attacks before attacking. Seems to defeat the entire purpose. Regards, the size and speed of the beam were impressive. By her estimation as she was approaching the planet, the moon was about 238K miles from the planet. For it to reach and destroy an asteroid that was beyond that meant that it was traveling at an incomprehensible speed.

Its speed was matched by its power. It streaked through the sky, leaving a void in the clouds in its wake, and struck its intended target with thunderous force. The object in question was obliterated completely, space dust being all that remained of its celestial magnificence.

"Nice," she said with a nod of her head. "You don't announce your attacks during battle, though, right?"
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 02-23-2018 at 11:43 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!