Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I can see Ms M showing up in a post credit scene in Cap M’s solo or some Avengers movie before spinning off into a Disney + show

Came back from it today. Quite enjoyable with tons of 90s refferences etc.

My one canon related question.

How did Mar-Vell get the Tesseract ? Last we saw of it pre the Thor teaser was that Howard Stark had recovered it from the Arctic oceans?

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post

How did Mar-Vell get the Tesseract ? Last we saw of it pre the Thor teaser was that Howard Stark had recovered it from the Arctic oceans?
    Given Stark retrieved it for the S.S.R. who became Shield and we know from Avengers Shield was developing various tactical options for the Tesseract it makes sense especially when take the AoS into consideration Shield was also Hydra and there was a division of Hydra who sole goal was to reach the planet Maveth and retrieve the ancient inhuman Hive so developing a Lightspeed engine would be something they'd be interested in.

Stark gave to SHIELD. SHIELD experimented with it Project Pegasus. Mar-Vell was the head of the project experimenting on it.

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Stark gave to SHIELD. SHIELD experimented with it Project Pegasus. Mar-Vell was the head of the project experimenting on it.
    So they just assumed it was destroyed in the crash?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gridde View Post
    so I don’t imagine they will bother providing an in-depth explanation as to why Carol wasn’t called before or why she’s never even been mentioned.

Literally any explanation provided would then have to reconcile with why Fury would have called her specifically at the end of Infinity War where the stakes as Fury knows them (“people around him are disappearing at random”) are nowhere near as high as they were in Avengers, Age of Ultron, Dark World or Winter Soldier where he explicitly knew that they were facing global catastrophes (and after Avengers the Tesserect wasn’t even on Earth anymore).
    I have difficulty accepting the idea that the first notion Fury had that anything was wrong in Infinity War was a helicopter crashing into a building. It's Fury. He knew what the heroes were up to, what they were up against, and he called Danvers when, and only when, he knew they had failed. In that respect, his actions are entirely consistent with the other films.
    Last edited by AJBopp; 03-17-2019 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I have difficulty accepting the idea that the first notion Fury had that anything was wrong in Infinity War was a helicopter crashing into a building. It's Fury. He knew what the heroes were up to, what they were up against, and he called Danvers when, and only when, he knew they had failed. In that respect, his actions are entirely consistent with the other films.
    Where's that from? That wasn't me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Where's that from? That wasn't me.
    Weird, never seen it mess up like that before. I fixed it.

Speculating here but if Lawson was heading up the project she could take the Cube and cover-up exact details of location without anyone being the wiser. So long as she was doing her job and producing fancy Jets I doubt that anyone would look into it too much. Then after she dies suddenly, the cube is labelled missing and the whole incident is covered up.

No I imagine just like in CA:TFA they used it to develop and power other technologies. I am not totally sure the plane contained the cube.

Liked that there were a few easter eggs when Carol was changing the color of her uniform. The black/white TIME RUNS OUT/SHIELD uniform for example I'm pretty sure showed up, as well as the white/green of the original CM.

Too bad there wasn't one with colors similar to Binary, unless I missed it.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    No I imagine just like in CA:TFA they used it to develop and power other technologies. I am not totally sure the plane contained the cube.
    It explicitly didn't. The cube was always aboard Mar-Vell's 'lab.' The plane was being powered remotely, or by some kind of battery like the ones Zola made.

The only question is whether anybody but Lawson/Mar-Vell knew that. It seems that Pegasus was not aware, and believed the power source destroyed, as did Yon-Rogg.

Solid movie. I mostly enjoyed it. I was slightly familiar with the character from comics I read in the 70’s & 80’s but haven’t read many comics since the 90’s. I usually have trouble with the super hero films when I don’t know the material beforehand. I’m just not a sci fi person so minus nostalgia, I don’t connect as much. I did like seeing Project Pegasus. I remember that from the early 80’s.

The middle portion of the movie seemed the best for me. The end battle was visually impressive but kind of blah. It’s the same as in Wonder Woman & Aquaman. The character comes to this point of acknowledging who the are and what they can do and become unbeatable. I’d give it a 6 or 7 out of 10.

Why was Ronan’s voice not as deep as in Guardians? That’s the biggest question I was left with.
    Last edited by Jon-El; 03-17-2019 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-El View Post
    Solid movie. I mostly enjoyed it. I was slightly familiar with the character from comics I read in the 70’s & 80’s but haven’t read many comics since the 90’s. I usually have trouble with the super hero films when I don’t know the material beforehand. I’m just not a sci fi person so minus nostalgia, I don’t connect as much. I did like seeing Project Pegasus. I remember that from the early 80’s.

The middle portion of the movie seemed the best for me. The end battle was visually impressive but kind of blah. It’s the same as in Wonder Woman & Aquaman. The character comes to this point of acknowledging who the are and what they can do and become unbeatable. I’d give it a 6 or 7 out of 10.

Why was Ronan’s voice not as deep as in Guardians? That’s the biggest question I was left with.
    He also looked different to me too. made me question if it was really Lee Pace

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

I was thinking to myself that this is one of the few superhero films with no love interest. But then I realized that their actually was one right under my nose.