Page 344 of 371 FirstFirst ... 244294334340341342343344345346347348354 ... LastLast
Results 5,146 to 5,160 of 5560

The two warriors clashed again and again. One was the embodiment of raw power and invincibility, but lacking in skill and experience. The other, though less powerful, possessed a wealth of skill, experience, and powerful techniques that allow him to manuever around his opponent's clumsy strikes and mitigate the effect of the ones that did hit. However, for the latter, this battle was a race against time. His time at the peak would be short, and he had to make good use of it.

With each Phoenix Eye Strike that hit, he evolved his techniques--no, the way he manipulated his energies in their entirety--bit by bit, trying to pierce to the very core of the Brother's being to his hozon... or rather, the Hozon of invincibility that had been grafted onto him. His sight, evolving alongside his techniques, now clearly saw that the Brother's personal hozon and his... crutch, while they intermingled, were not the same.

Though his power was something to be reckoned with, the Brother, in the end, was simply a brute relying on a crutch.

Pathetic

He did not begrudge warriors born with awesome power and natural talent. Most still had to train and condition themselves, both physically and mentally, to handling that power safely and effectively, but this sad excuse he was fighting was all power, no finesse, and the only reason he could manage the level of power he could was because of this Hozon. Without it, he would be considerably less of a threat.

Redoubling his efforts, Voyavoda bobbed and weaved between the Brother's inexpert strikes, only being caught unawares by the odd ki attack. His progress towards his 'gordian knot' solution to the Brother's invincibility continued unabated, Voyavoda having settled on a flaming ki blade as the weapon he would forge into the Brother's slayer. To the outside observer, he would appear to be futilely attempting to inflict damage upon his foe using the same technique over and over again--insanity, in other words.

...and then, it happened. Voyavoda dodged out of the way of yet another half-assed strike and responded with a thrust to the Brother's face. One would expect the Brother to simply take it and have it slide off like so many times. However...

The Brother, his instincts registering not just danger, but mortal danger, for the first time in his existence... dodged. His movements were quick, but clumsy, and while he stumbled out of the way, the blade slid across his cheek.

A tiny trickle of lifeblood sprouted from the tiny wound it had inflicted.

The Brother's eyes widened in surprise, and his hand went to his cheek and wiped the blood away. He stared at his blooded hand in utter bewilderment. "You... you hurt me."

Seizing the advantage, Voyavoda used his Space-skipping Phoenix Eye Strike in combination with his newly upgraded technique, the Supremacy-Breaking Blade, delivered multiple strikes to the Brother. Each one was but a scratch, but with each strike, he and his technique evolved bit by bit. As he appeared behind the Brother, Voyavoda turned and went for another Space-skipping Phoenix Eye Strike, but was met with a charge from the Brother, interrupting his technique. Multi-combinations like that took a tiny bit of time to prepare, especially when used in rapid sequence, but he could still use the basic variations without quite as much wind-up, brief as it was.

Technically, even that wind-up could be evolved past, but as devoted as he was to refining this blade before the flame of his existence was blown out forever, there was simply no time. However, he had been doing a little something to set up a killing blown, once the chance prevented itself.

For around a minute longer, this deadly dance between the Brother and Voyavoda continued, the latter's blade growing ever more deadly to his foe. By that minute's end, he had reached the point where he felt that, with a final, all-out attack, he might be able to end this once and for all. He would have to, as he could sense that he did not have much time left at all...

Less than a minute left... this is the watershed moment.

Voyavoda ma-tobashii'd backwards, gaining some distance. He raised his hand, and the Brother came to a stop as the space control of the Big Bang began to affect him. The attack itself had failed, and he didn't want to risk it again, but the space controlling aspect of its preparation was still very useful indeed.

"Rrrgh, this again!? Tricks... nothing but tricks!" the brute roared, as he began to flex his power to escape. If Voyavoda had been as he had been during their first bout, then it wouldn't have held, and even now, it would only hold him a few seconds, but that was all he needed.

His Supremacy-breaking Blade flared with power as he burnt most of the remainder of his Hozon and channeled the extra power he'd built up over the course of the fight with his techniques. His stance shifted as he hefted the massive, but (near?) weightless blade and pointed it at the Brother. And then he charged, covering the distance with ma-Tobashi, intending to drive the sword into the brute's arrogant heart. The spatial restraints of The Big Bang wavered...

Space burned away and Voyavoda's blade pierced the Brother, a trail of fire and ki following the path Voyavoda had followed.

...the Brother's arm literally exploded into a mangled mess as the Supremacy-breaking Blade ripped right through it, but, notably, not the Brother's heart, as originally intended. The Brother rolled off to the side, screaming in pain and terror. In the brief span between will and execution, he had broken the restraints enough to move out of the way, albeit not completely.

Breath ragged, power expended, and his very being on fire now, Voyavoda propped himself up on his ki blade, taking one last look at his opponent as his vision began fading.

The Brother had been disarmed, both physically and metaphysically; his invincibility broken, and with it, his assurance of victory. The others could probably handle him now. Not quite what he'd wanted, but it would have to do.

Smiling, Voyavoda looked to the brilliant blue sky of Vaikuntha. This wasn't a bad place to die... except that the Brother was now ranting uncontrollably at him. Voyavoda paid him no mind--after all, what could he do now? Kill him?

He closed his eyes, enjoying the feel of the breeze over his charred skin. On the edge of his awareness, he sensed another great power land next to him. There was a pregnant pause, and then from behind him came a curious double-voice. It sounded as if both Tasure and that Nevanlinna were speaking to him in tandem.

"...you're amazing old man, you know that? Leave the rest to us."

He turned and came face to face with... someone that bore features of both Tasure and Nevanlinna, wearing those mysterious armbands on both her arms. Ah, so that had been that Totoma's plan... fusion. Heh, should've guessed, but embroiled as deeply in that battle as he had been... no time to deduce that.

"You... how dare you ignore me, you worms, I--"

"Oh, shut your mouth," snapped the woman, as she threw out her hand and with a blast of invisible ki, pushed the Brother away. It didn't cause much damage, but it sure as hell made him fly quite far.

"Impressive. Before I... go, does this new form have a name?"

The woman cocked her head and thought. "Tasure and... Malaya together... hm.. Talaya. That sounds good," she said, grinning.

Talaya... though she wasn't aware, that was a name that had meaning in Nevadian.

One who resembles the morning dew from heaven.

Talaya took a step forward and engulfed him in a hug, and Voyavoda tensed, wanting to push her away, but lacking the strength to do so at this point. "No... these flames are dang--"

"The part of me that is Tasure was always too proud to say this, but... thank you. Without you, she never would have met Bekon, Totoma, or become anything near the fighter she is. We know this is good-bye forever... so... please allow me to bear at least some mark of your existence," she said, withdrawing, having guided the flames with ki to mark her in a controlled, one might even say aesthetic way.

Tears welled up in Voyavoda's eyes, evaporating immediately from the intense heat emanating from his body. The inferno around him flared, and his body began to disintegrate into fiery ashes. The old soldier faded away in a pillar of fire, the last embers of his being disappearing into the great blue expanse, leaving behind only memories and the future he had forged for his friends, but never behold with his own eyes.

Talaya stared into the sky, then wiped the tears from her own eyes just as the Brother made his way back to her. He was positively enraged, maddened by the destruction of his arm and invincibility.

"You... you think to fight me!? A weak, pathetic insect like you!?" he growled, his eyes wild with madness and pain.

The fusion turned to the Brother, her brow creasing in anger. Golden power crept into her hair and she burst into Super Saiyan. And then, her anger and rage at the loss of Voyavoda drove her past that previous limit. Her hair spiked up even more, electric sparks began coursing through her aura, and her power flared beyond even her super saiyan form's.

"Fight you? No, you retard, I'm going to kill you."
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 07-18-2021 at 02:46 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley listened quietly as Caliban answered, informing her of two of their greatest future enemies. Alakazah was one of the first creations, crafted by Zeno himself. For the God of Gods to have created him personally, it was easy to see how he could be so powerful. So much so that there may not have been five mortals in any universe capable of beating him at his full power. That boded poorly for their eventual confrontation, especially since his bonds had been loosened in an ill-fated attempt to change the future; an attempt that was based entirely on a vision that may or may not have been manipulated, or at least was lacking context.

Regardless, based solely on what she had heard, the fight to destroy Alakazah once and for all was going to be the most difficult of her life. She was thankful she didn't have to go at it alone.

His magic being even more powerful than Caliban's wasn't that much of a surprise, but it was extremely disconcerting. With ease, he managed to shut down all of her abilities, including the ones that didn't require any ki. If he was capable of that, then there was no fathoming what Alakazah could do. On top of that, he had mastered True Magic. Perhaps that was what he was referring to; regardless, it was a problem.

"A challenge unlike any other," she commented. "I know he wields True Magic, which is a perfect blend of Creation and Hakai. Is there a counter to it? A True Antimagic, if you will?"

With that question posed, she silently ruminated on what she was told about Sakin. While he was weakened, he had been feeding on Kami across the universes for possibly eons. Draining their creation energy and absorbing it into himself could possibly have him at levels matching where he was before his fall. If that was the case, then they were in for another incredibly difficult fight.

"I'll admit, the only thought I've given Sakin these last few years were the assumptions that he was just lazily sitting on a sofa, covered in Cheeto dust." She smiled softly, even chuckling at the pitiful imagery. "What can we do to deal with him? Is there something beyond the power and techniques we've accumulated over the years?" He was, after all, immensely powerful and perhaps unkillable. Though, she supposed that capturing him and giving him to that Grand Priest person to deal with would suffice if there was nothing they could do beyond defeating him.

“If there is True Anti-Magic, it’s beyond my ability to use.”

He shrugs.

“Outlasting him. He’ll burn through his stolen energy quickly. Beyond that, don’t try and get into a punch out. You’ll lose that fight.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " It's not just healing, the form I mention. Also, gives me a boosted immune system, and boosted recovery, Boosts my reflexes, speed, senses, strength, stamina, durability, endurance, and pain tolerance," Praxat said.

" Accelerates my thought process, and synchs my mind and body, and gives me a massive boost in power. When I'm in that form, bioelectricity surge through my eyes. Giving off this glowing effect," Praxat said.

" As for what it felt like, well, you know how when humans are on stuff like cocaine or had tons of coffee, it felt like that. I do agree I should only use the form under dire circumstances. It's just too dangerous to use all the time," Praxat said.

" Right with that out of the way, I choose to focus on achieving Bio-electromagnetism mastery, and I know I'm nowhere near there. However, it seems my ancestor Disdemona might have achieved such mastery going by her travelogue about her encounter with a storm inside a nebula," Praxat said.
    She nods.

“If you do go looking, I wish you the best of luck.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Standing up, the abhuman stretched, joints and vertebra cracking now that his constantly tense muscles had finally had time to relax. While he had no idea how he could help when it came to weaponry, maybe being around the egg heads might exercise his brain.

"After what I've been through lately, a change of pace is welcomed at this point. Capsule Corpse, huh..."

Closing his eyes, his senses dived from the lookout point until he figured out the general direction.

"Thank you, Kami," He said, quietly, before heading out.
    Eva waves after him, smiling and wishing him well.

Eventually, he lands back at CC HQ and an old, familiar ally greets him.

“Charco. You’ve changed.”

Adam, the Android, nods to him on greeting.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    She nods.

“If you do go looking, I wish you the best of luck.”
    " Thanks, I will be going to the planets my ancestor visited with her crew. First, stop Elephantine. Scratch that first stop is the prison, my grandmother, Araxat, is being kept at. I need to get the location of Amperior from her," Praxat said.

" So I'm going to have a chat with a sociopath," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

“If there is True Anti-Magic, it’s beyond my ability to use.”

He shrugs.

“Outlasting him. He’ll burn through his stolen energy quickly. Beyond that, don’t try and get into a punch out. You’ll lose that fight.”
    If a Creation God was unable to do it and wasn't even sure it was possible, Parsley had the very strong feeling it was beyond her ability to use, as well. Still, her curiosity and natural drive to constantly better herself wouldn't allow her to simply go off of what another person said. "I'll still look into it. It will be useful against Alakazah."

As for Sakin, simply saying outlast him wasn't particularly useful. While knowing that his stolen energy wouldn't last him long, having to fight an Angel at near full power was a nightmarish scenario. She wasn't sure if Stine was at full power, though; if he was, then she felt a little better about their chances. "What kind of powers and abilities do Angels have? I'm certain a fallen one like Sakin wouldn't have access to many of them, but knowing the full breadth of what they can do will help us prepare more thoroughly."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Eva waves after him, smiling and wishing him well.

Eventually, he lands back at CC HQ and an old, familiar ally greets him.

“Charco. You’ve changed.”

Adam, the Android, nods to him on greeting.
    It was not difficult to see the scars of battle the Earth had endured, Charco noted as he flew to his location. After all, a majority of their early battles had taken place on Earth, especially around Capsule Corps and its surrounding city, but if there was one thing he knew, it was that the planet would survive, one way or another. Verdant carpets of green were beginning to creep down into trenches and plant life defiantly pushed through rubble and debris. As civilization drew closer did he see the results of humanity's restoration as buildings that had been destroyed were rebuilt or replaced by even betters ones.

It was there, near the heart of the city that Capsule Corps laid and for the M-fighters, it had served as their starting point back in what felt like an eternity or so. Descending from the sky, the abhuman felt a familiar, albeit still alien presence approach. Admittedly, the original Charco and the android had been acquaintances at best, with Adam's logic-based mindset lowering itself only in the presence of his creator or the other androids in particular. Still, enough had changed for the android for even he to notice.

"So have you," He replied after Adam had addressed his own changes first; then again, it was difficult not to notice that someone who was once human was now some human-reptile hybrid, "Kami tells me I might be of some help here," Charco further explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    If a Creation God was unable to do it and wasn't even sure it was possible, Parsley had the very strong feeling it was beyond her ability to use, as well. Still, her curiosity and natural drive to constantly better herself wouldn't allow her to simply go off of what another person said. "I'll still look into it. It will be useful against Alakazah."

As for Sakin, simply saying outlast him wasn't particularly useful. While knowing that his stolen energy wouldn't last him long, having to fight an Angel at near full power was a nightmarish scenario. She wasn't sure if Stine was at full power, though; if he was, then she felt a little better about their chances. "What kind of powers and abilities do Angels have? I'm certain a fallen one like Sakin wouldn't have access to many of them, but knowing the full breadth of what they can do will help us prepare more thoroughly."

“Well, all are physically stronger than any mortal. They all work in a Perfected Ultra Instinct state, so actually striking them is nigh impossible unless you as well have Ultra Instinct. They can Warp, control space and time, revive the dead, divination, healing, Magic materialization, wield God-ki, and on top of that can do other things they’ve personally picked up themselves. Creation and Destruction Ki sometimes too.”

He blows a smoke ring and shakes his head.

“They are also sapposed ta follow Rules that prevent any sorta interfering on their own, but Sakin was underhanded and sneaky. That’s why Asha’rah and her followers did most of the lifting. Sakin wasn’t technically allowed and thus he snuck behind backs. Same with the other Angels. However, once they ‘fell’ their power was more limited and in Sakin’s case even stripped from him mostly. So while he can do what I said before, he ain’t near what he once was. Same as Stine, though he was reduced even more so.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

It was not difficult to see the scars of battle the Earth had endured, Charco noted as he flew to his location. After all, a majority of their early battles had taken place on Earth, especially around Capsule Corps and its surrounding city, but if there was one thing he knew, it was that the planet would survive, one way or another. Verdant carpets of green were beginning to creep down into trenches and plant life defiantly pushed through rubble and debris. As civilization drew closer did he see the results of humanity's restoration as buildings that had been destroyed were rebuilt or replaced by even betters ones.

It was there, near the heart of the city that Capsule Corps laid and for the M-fighters, it had served as their starting point back in what felt like an eternity or so. Descending from the sky, the abhuman felt a familiar, albeit still alien presence approach. Admittedly, the original Charco and the android had been acquaintances at best, with Adam's logic-based mindset lowering itself only in the presence of his creator or the other androids in particular. Still, enough had changed for the android for even he to notice.

"So have you," He replied after Adam had addressed his own changes first; then again, it was difficult not to notice that someone who was once human was now some human-reptile hybrid, "Kami tells me I might be of some help here," Charco further explained.
    Adam nods and leads him down an elevator to the Geofront below Capsule Corp.

Once they get down and it opens up to the massive underground area Charco recalls, Adam speaks up again. Distantly, Charco can hear faintly the sound of three people talking and random explosions here and there.

“Dr. Wheelo, Wilhelm, and the new guest, ‘The Judge’, who is formerly of the Ulthan, are working together to build up weapons and devices to aid in Earth’s protection. I believe they wish your aid to test the strength of certain items.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Adam nods and leads him down an elevator to the Geofront below Capsule Corp.

Once they get down and it opens up to the massive underground area Charco recalls, Adam speaks up again. Distantly, Charco can hear faintly the sound of three people talking and random explosions here and there.

“Dr. Wheelo, Wilhelm, and the new guest, ‘The Judge’, who is formerly of the Ulthan, are working together to build up weapons and devices to aid in Earth’s protection. I believe they wish your aid to test the strength of certain items.”
    "Ulthan..."

This had not been the first time he had heard that word. More precisely, it hadn't been a day or so since he was introduced to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Islay View Post
    "I'm curious, but what do you recall of the Ulthan?"
    On one hand, a renewed wave of annoyance made him bristle as he recalled how his fight with the Beast God had lacked a conclusion; on the other hand, he was extremely reluctant to delve any further into anything associated with the angel. It didn't help that the angel had mentioned "judgement" in her spiel and this one was called The Judge.

"How troublesome..." He muttered beneath his breath. Still, he was already here, might as well make the best of it.

"Sure... I'll be your QA tester. They might want to backup their data in case I break it."

Later Praxat arrives at a GP prison." This is cadet Praxat Luue The Five Hundred and Ninety-Third. I like a request to speak to the prison Araxat Mcfrogg. I need the location of Amperior from her," Praxat said.

That's if the location of Amperior hasn't already been gotten from here. If, so then just inform of the planet Amperrior's location, and I will be on my way," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Later Praxat arrives at a GP prison." This is cadet Praxat Luue The Five Hundred and Ninety-Third. I like a request to speak to the prison Araxat Mcfrogg. I need the location of Amperior from her," Praxat said.

That's if the location of Amperior hasn't already been gotten from here. If, so then just inform of the planet Amperrior's location, and I will be on my way," Praxat said.
    The guards shakes their head.

“Ain’t no one allowed in. No visitors without supervision, Cadet.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"Ulthan..."

This had not been the first time he had heard that word. More precisely, it hadn't been a day or so since he was introduced to it.

On one hand, a renewed wave of annoyance made him bristle as he recalled how his fight with the Beast God had lacked a conclusion; on the other hand, he was extremely reluctant to delve any further into anything associated with the angel. It didn't help that the angel had mentioned "judgement" in her spiel and this one was called The Judge.

"How troublesome..." He muttered beneath his breath. Still, he was already here, might as well make the best of it.

"Sure... I'll be your QA tester. They might want to backup their data in case I break it."
    Adam nods.

“I am backing all data up, and there are multiple external drives acting as back up as well.”

He leads Charco into a clearing where two men and one cyborg are standing over a smoking hole in the ground the size of a baseball. Wheelo, an older hunched man in a lab coat is jabbering about extreme heat and longevity while Wilhelm just shakes his head.

“It won’t…..work. The gun will….melt down faster….than it can fire. Judge?”

The tall cyborg, whom Charco might recall was responsible for Held and others deaths, stands with a massive rifle leading against a table nearby. He shakes his head.

“The rifle can fire the shot with a few modifications. It normally takes a specialized connection with my own Ki and type of solar battery designed by my creators to fire my attacks with it. The shells Dr. Wheelo wants to test will melt through the rifle in its current configuration.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The guards shakes their head.

“Ain’t no one allowed in. No visitors without supervision, Cadet.”
    "I see so I need supervision to see my grandmother. That's fine by me. Now, if you have info on the planet Amperior's whereabouts, just tell me. I rather get the info on planet Amperrior's location upfront," Praxat said.

" Oh, and how is my grandmother doing? Has she turned over a new leaf or, is she still f*@#ing psychotic?" Praxat said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 07-22-2021 at 02:48 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

“Well, all are physically stronger than any mortal. They all work in a Perfected Ultra Instinct state, so actually striking them is nigh impossible unless you as well have Ultra Instinct. They can Warp, control space and time, revive the dead, divination, healing, Magic materialization, wield God-ki, and on top of that can do other things they’ve personally picked up themselves. Creation and Destruction Ki sometimes too.”

He blows a smoke ring and shakes his head.

“They are also sapposed ta follow Rules that prevent any sorta interfering on their own, but Sakin was underhanded and sneaky. That’s why Asha’rah and her followers did most of the lifting. Sakin wasn’t technically allowed and thus he snuck behind backs. Same with the other Angels. However, once they ‘fell’ their power was more limited and in Sakin’s case even stripped from him mostly. So while he can do what I said before, he ain’t near what he once was. Same as Stine, though he was reduced even more so.”
    Angels, as it turned out, had a vast multitude of abilities. Resurrection, control of time and space, the ability to see the future, magic, God Ki, and a multitude of others. Above all others, however, that Ultra Instinct thing he mentioned peaked her interest. Not because she was particularly concerned about it; she didn't even know what it was. It was because it sounded familiar. A state of mind that makes the user nigh unhittable. That sounds like that state Sarada uses at times. The two of them worked on improving it during their training before her fight with Tundra. In the end, she somehow developed the ability to unconsciously improve her speed as needs dictated.

Interesting.

"This Ultra Instinct... it wouldn't happen to be a state of mind that allows the user to fight unconsciously based purely on their body's own instincts after emptying their minds of all conscious thought... would it?"

Beyond that, hearing that Sakin was greatly diminished was encouraging. Angels sounded horribly overpowered. Hearing that Stine was even more diminished wasn't. That meant that Sakin was likely stronger than he was.

"If there is a loophole, there is someone who will exploit it," she commented. "Sakin's actions won't go unanswered for much longer. He will pay."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!