Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Angry Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League!

So now that the game has finally been confirmed and will have a panel at DC fandome I thought it’d be cool to create an official thread and discuss what we expect. Predict the roster (for both the Squad and the JL), storyline ideas/rumors and overall thoughts.

Honestly for me I’m extremely excited for this game! I think it has mass appeal, because believe it or not the Squad is immensely popular, especially among the generation that plays video games the most. The premise also has a lot of potential as you’ll play as the underdogs taking on the incredibly powerful, almost unstoppable Justice League (going by the title of course). And maybe we’ll get lucky with some tie in comics written by Tom Taylor, like we got with the Injustice franchise.

As for roster, my hopes are for Harley Quinn, Deadshot, El Diablo, Killer Frost, Bronze Tiger, King Shark, Black Manta, Cheetah, and Enchantress for the Squad.

For the JL: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash (Barry), Green Lantern (John), Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Hawkgirl (Kendra) and Black Lightning
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

I expect the title will be shorthanded to just "Suicide Squad."

BANNED

Marvel takes games from their heroes and they are heroes. dc takes games out of their heroes and they are the enemy to kill, everything except batman (I think we are all very clear that batman is not going to be defeated), whether it's injustice or this nonsense, I hope the rumors that came out a few months ago are real, and marvel buy dc.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    So now that the game has finally been confirmed and will have a panel at DC fandome I thought it’d be cool to create an official thread and discuss what we expect. Predict the roster (for both the Squad and the JL), storyline ideas/rumors and overall thoughts.

Honestly for me I’m extremely excited for this game! I think it has mass appeal, because believe it or not the Squad is immensely popular, especially among the generation that plays video games the most. The premise also has a lot of potential as you’ll play as the underdogs taking on the incredibly powerful, almost unstoppable Justice League (going by the title of course). And maybe we’ll get lucky with some tie in comics written by Tom Taylor, like we got with the Injustice franchise.

As for roster, my hopes are for Harley Quinn, Deadshot, El Diablo, Killer Frost, Bronze Tiger, King Shark, Black Manta, Cheetah, and Enchantress for the Squad.

For the JL: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash (Barry), Green Lantern (John), Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Hawkgirl (Kendra) and Black Lightning
    Definitely an annoying possibility, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    Marvel takes games from their heroes and they are heroes. dc takes games out of their heroes and they are the enemy to kill, everything except batman (I think we are all very clear that batman is not going to be defeated), whether it's injustice or this nonsense, I hope the rumors that came out a few months ago are real, and marvel buy dc.
    To be fair you’re looking at it from a comic fans perspective. I’m looking at it from a gaming and general audience perspective. It’s more fun to play as underdogs. Also the technology isn’t quite there yet for an open world game featuring characters as powerful as the JL (who are much more powerful than the Avengers).

Also let’s not pretend Marvel is innocent either, since they are influenced a lot by the MCU. Whether you like it or not Injustice is insanely popular and immensely successful!

Also a big hell no to Marvel getting Disney. Last thing I want is for Disney to get those IP’s

BANNED

Disney>>>>warner
    marvel>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dc
    Last edited by NaVi; 08-14-2020 at 04:52 PM.

BANNED

Batman> Navi.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Definitely an annoying possibility, unfortunately.
    Worked out great for DC in the past, so no reason not to try again.

Extraordinary Member

Disney>>>>warner
    marvel>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dc
    Not in video games

Between this and Injustice, I wonder if I'll ever get to see Wonder Woman in a major video game again that doesn't take a steaming piss all over her.

If memory serves, the last one--maybe only one--was Justice League: Heroes.....fourteen years ago.

BANNED

videogames: spiderman >>> dc
    Last edited by NaVi; 08-14-2020 at 06:12 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Well this went off topic quickly.

I wanted a DC villain game that was more Payday where you put together a team to pull a heist and different heroes would try and stop you. This, though, well I'll wait and see but that picture and subtitle already points to a product I don't think I want.

I don't understand the fascination with trying to kill people I know are good. I don't understand the appeal of wanting to kill characters I actually like. I'm probably not the target audience.

Extraordinary Member

videogames: spiderman >>> dc
    No... absolutely not. The Batman Arkham games are legitimately high quality games period. Not just good superhero games. Spider-Man games had one good web swinging system and then mediocre everything else and that’s all it’s been for 15 years

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Not in video games
    Not in anything honestly. WB has a better movies/tv library and they own my favorite franchises (DC, Harry Potter, LOTR)

Honestly can we stop assuming the JL is going to be portrayed as villains here. Clearly we’re playing villains who try to take out the heroes. Can’t wait for a trailer next Saturday

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Well this went off topic quickly.

I wanted a DC villain game that was more Payday where you put together a team to pull a heist and different heroes would try and stop you. This, though, well I'll wait and see but that picture and subtitle already points to a product I don't think I want.

I don't understand the fascination with trying to kill people I know are good. I don't understand the appeal of wanting to kill characters I actually like. I'm probably not the target audience.
    Because it’s harder to make a game about a dude who is invincible or can make anything with their mind or can run faster then light but having a game of scaled down characters who have to take them down is more intriguing and offers opportunities from a gameplay perspective