Page 11 of 75 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Me too! I haven't tried any of the games. Are they free?

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    As far as I am aware, all mobile games are free but I'm not sure how to get Doom in most of them. As far as I understand, Doom is behind a paywall in Future Fight seeing as you need Victorious which if you ask me is a terrible way to push a new character.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Marvel Puzzle Quest, which is this one, is free. If you want enhancements or special gear or special characters fast, you can pay for them. Some times you can win them in various contests and giveaways, etc. I got a 40th level Johnny Storm as some sort of giveaway! Namor is a ridiculous price, points wise, and I'm a terrible player, as well as not, a consistent player, so I'll probably pay for him. Haven't checked out Doom yet, but I'm betting God Emperor Doom, which is this one, is probably pricey, points wise.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    As far as I am aware, all mobile games are free but I'm not sure how to get Doom in most of them. As far as I understand, Doom is behind a paywall in Future Fight seeing as you need Victorious which if you ask me is a terrible way to push a new character.
    Haven't even looked at Future Fight. I'm on a boycott of the Marvel games that don't have Namor, so that means all of them but Marvel Puzzle Quest. ;p
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I'm glad to see that Doom and Namor are at least getting some appearances in Marvel - themed products. Even though both continued to appear in comics while the FF where shelved for a while, it also effected the merchandise related to their characters. There should have been a Secret Wars Doom statue IMO. Maybe now someone will make one.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-08-2019 at 09:17 AM.

I'm glad to see that Doom and Namor are at least getting some appearances in Marvel - themed products. Even thought both continued to appear in comics while the FF where shelved for a while, it also effected the merchandise related to their characters. There should have been a Secret Wars Doom statue IMO. Maybe now someone will make one.
    I'm surprised Sideshow didn't try to do another MASSIVE life sized one of God Emperor Doom.

Wasn't there an action figure, though?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

iMan 42s

I looked into it and I've only found things that we've already known about.

If there there is a God Emperor figure I haven't seen it. There has been numerous Future Foundation figures which could be mistaken for it though.
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I would love to see a Sideshow God Emperor Doom but probably would back off from paying their price. I have to say it seems like DC is more agressive about statues. I don't know how many times I've seen a new Harley Quinn or Batman statue in the Diamond Previews section for those kind of things.

I looked into it and I've only found things that we've already known about.

If there there is a God Emperor figure I haven't seen it. There has been numerous Future Foundation figures which could be mistaken for it though.
    Yes, I have that. He was paired with Future Foundation Spider-Man and a free comic book. In true collector practice, I've never opened it. I've seen the complete set online though, with Reed,Sue Ben and the kids. I think HERBIE was included for some strange reason.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-07-2019 at 03:34 PM.

iMan 42s

I kind of want Neca to take a crack at Doom to be honest. Neca figures are as detailed as Sideshow but not as pricey.

Anybody heard of Xcoser? Turns out they have a Doom half mask which is modeled after the Tim Story Doctor Doom. I got no idea when they initially listed it but I just noticed it. Looks to be better than that Rubies attempt.

Just thought I'd drop this in here....found a screen cap of this tweet from 2016. Sure wish we could see what this unpublished stuff is!

I kind of want Neca to take a crack at Doom to be honest. Neca figures are as detailed as Sideshow but not as pricey.

Anybody heard of Xcoser? Turns out they have a Doom half mask which is modeled after the Tim Story Doctor Doom. I got no idea when they initially listed it but I just noticed it. Looks to be better than that Rubies attempt.
    I checked those out. They have some nice figures at the Neca site. The only Neca products I've seen locally are the Scalers and they were only at Toys R Us. GameStop is just about the only place left in my area that has products of this kind, that an and FYE store in the mall. We recently got a BoxLunch store but it is tiny and mostly focuses on just Marvel clothing. I got a nice Stark Industries sweatshirt from there for my brother's birthday.

The Doom mask from the Tim Story Fantastic Four movie was a good start. I think that the classic style mask with the rivets might be a good start for an origin movie. Even if it's mostly based on Stark's armor, I'd still want to see an Infamous Iron Man action figure or statue and it might be a good look for a movie version of Doom too.... a dark green and silver color scheme.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-08-2019 at 01:26 AM.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I wanted to ask what was everyone's favorite or best written doom-cenric story? I loved triumph and torment and am looking to read something more like that.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I wanted to ask what was everyone's favorite or best written doom-cenric story? I loved triumph and torment and am looking to read something more like that.
    I think the best solo series he had was Doom 2099. Have you checked any of those out yet?

There's short story about Doom done by Christopher Priest in a mini series called Marvel Double Shots that I like quite a bit. It's a bit overshadowed by Unthinkable, which came out maybe 6 months afterward. It's called "Masks" and it involves a reporter who is impersonating Valeria, his first love.

I will have to think of some more.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-08-2019 at 09:36 AM.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I think the best solo series he had was Doom 2099. Have you checked any of those out yet?

There's short story about Doom done by Christopher Priest in a mini series called Marvel Double Shots that I like quite a bit. It's a bit overshadowed by Unthinkable, which came out maybe 6 months afterward. It's called "Masks" and it involves a reporter who is impersonating Valeria, his first love.

I will have to think of some more.
    I had Doom 2099 on my reading list so I will get started on that, and thanks for mask, I will look into that too! Yes, please if you have any others I would love to check them out. Thanks!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

You know which ones I've read alot of.

But besides those ... copying from Doomscribe's Reccs List on page 1:

Did they include this one in Triumph and Torment? If not, definitely read it. It's by the same time that did the Subby 47-49, Doom Masque issues. Gerry Conway is a master of the angst.

Astonishing Tales 8 Oct., 1971 Gerry Conway/ Gene Colan “Though Some Call it Magic!” Mephisto. Doom embarks on a dangerous battle with demons on a midsummer’s eve for the soul of his lost mother. The first telling of this tragic tale. *******

Also, this and its sequel have been collected together in trade and are fun.

Iron Man 149 Aug., 1981 David Michelinie/ John Romita Jr “Doomquest” Iron Man and Dr Doom are sent to England of the past, to King Arthur’s court! ******
    Iron Man 150 Sept., 1981 David Michelinie/ John Romita Jr “Knightmare” Doom seeks to ally himself with Morgan LeFey, as Iron Man sides with King Arthur. But they must work together in order to return to their proper time. ******

Iron Man: Legacy of Doom 1 – 4 (Limited S
    eries) April 2008; Iron Man and Doctor Doom tangle again over fragments of Excalibur, magic and science do battle. ****

See bold for explanation:

DOOM 1 – 3 (Limited Series); October 2000 *** (starts out strong) Remarkable also for the nekkid Doom vs the male African lion in to the death combat!

Doom: The Emperor Returns 1 – 3 (Limited Series); January 2002 ** (ends poorly)

This is a great modern introduction to Doom done by Brubaker, IIRC. What Doomscribe said. Oh, and it has Paolo Rivera covers!

Books of Doom 1 – 6 (Limited Series); November 2005. An expanded re-telling of the rise of Victor Von Doom, and the conquest of Latveria. Great new insights, fabulous art, very well done and highly recommended. *******

I had Doom 2099 on my reading list so I will get started on that, and thanks for mask, I will look into that too! Yes, please if you have any others I would love to check them out. Thanks!
    You could also try Fantastic Four VS. X-Men - the 1987 limited series: after Reed refuses to help, the X-Men's only hope of saving Kitty Pryde from her life-threatening injuries is Doctor Doom. Eventually, Doom and Reed must work together if they are to succeed.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 02-10-2019 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Added a few more words.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    You could also try Fantastic Four VS. X-Men - the 1987 limited series: after Reed refuses to help, the X-Men's only hope of saving Kitty Pryde from her life-threatening injuries is Doctor Doom. Eventually, Doom and Reed must work together if they are to succeed.
    That one also had a nice little flashback to Reed and Victor's college days.

I like the one shot story in Fantastic Four Special #1 (2013) My Dinner With Doom by the late Dwayne McDuffie also.