Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I would say Kamala's absence is a little weird given that she's the character Marvel choose to headline the new Marvel Team-Up (and the co-lead of Marvel Rising with Squirrel Girl).

The real shocker though is no Carol Danvers. With how much they've been pushing her as their main female character you'd think she'd be front and center with the other "core" characters.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I would say Kamala's absence is a little weird given that she's the character Marvel choose to headline the new Marvel Team-Up (and the co-lead of Marvel Rising with Squirrel Girl).

The real shocker though is no Carol Danvers. With how much they've been pushing her as their main female character you'd think she'd be front and center with the other "core" characters.
    Especially since the movie was successful.

Kinda funny that Panther beat Carol .

Yeah, Kamala has FOUR books. She's definitely getting pushed, so her not being on the promo art doesn't make sense.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

While the art piece looks similar to something like Fresh Start or ANADM, do we have any confirmation of a new seasonal name coming up? From what i've seen it just seems to be an art piece to show off Patrick's Chops, so to speak.

And even if it is, it could be just as it was as the Fresh Start piece where Tom Brevoort said not to look too deeply at characters who aren't there

I'm not sure seasonal names are even a thing any more. Fresh Start wasn't official branding, it's just a name that appeared in a press release that the fandom rolled with. It's definitely promoting upcoming new books though.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Zub posted the scripts for pages 13 and 14 of Champions #5. The pages where Kamala realises adult Scott is the same Cyclops she knew.
    https://jimzub.tumblr.com/post/18467...-to-final-page

https://aux.avclub.com/riri-williams...hea-1834672099

Love the connectivity between the Champions books.

Should be more of that in the next Ironheart issue too, as after the Miles team-up, it's straight into another with Nadia.

Extraordinary Member

So...next month in issue 6....(not sure about the spoiler so mods please let me know if I can un-spoil it as it is the solicit)

A global team vs a global threat! The Champions must hold the line or Earth will fall to creatures and chaos! Even if they succeed, these young heroes are about to lose one of their own...

Who do you think or...who do you want...to get shwacked?

Me...I am not liking the new Patriot...give me Eli as Patriot.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 05-11-2019 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Un-Spoilered

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I don't think it's necessary to spoiler text it. Rayshaun was created specifically because of all the legal red tape around Eli, so it's not exactly like Rayshaun is what is preventing Eli from being used.

I'd say if a character were to die on the team, it's probably Joaquin who's the most likely, especially with Marvel backing out of keeping Sam as Captain America.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 05-10-2019 at 06:22 PM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Likely to be Pinpoint or Falcon.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think it's necessary to spoiler text it. Rayshaun was created specifically because of all the legal red tape around Eli, so it's not exactly like Rayshaun is what is preventing Eli from being used.

I'd say if a character were to die on the team, it's probably Joaquin who's the most likely, especially with Marvel backing out of keeping Sam as Captain America.
    What legal issues are there with Eli?? I have not heard anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    What legal issues are there with Eli?? I have not heard anything about it.
    Something to the effect that his original creator holds the rights to the Bradley family and I think Marvel needs to pay their estate to use any of them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Something to the effect that his original creator holds the rights to the Bradley family and I think Marvel needs to pay their estate to use any of them.
    In that case just pull a Henry Blake on the whole family and be done with it.

Can you explain what you mean please? A quick Google search tells me Henry Blake is a M*A*S*H character, but I don't know what you mean by "pull a Henry Blake".