Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Okay, so, these are all great. Will add my own later.

Why is Jean in that one with Kitty?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Why is Jean in that one with Kitty?
    Gah sorry.

First, I decided to make the entire Grey family Jewish. Then when Rachel comes back from her own dystopian future mutant holocaust, she gets to connect with John & Elaine Grey over Seder dinner and discuss past and future world traumas.

Second, I think the Jean & Wolverine "love story" is weird and gross. Personally, I think Wolverine's most significant relationship model is the kind he has with female sidekicks. I've been entertaining the notion that Jean was practicing her telepathy by helping Wolverine's broken memory and emotional aggressive behavior. Jean, not Kitty, became the first of his surrogate daughters. His animosity toward Scott is not jealousy, but dissatisfaction and disappointment. Logan wishes Jean would be with someone who recognizes her full power, and not some boy scout who insists that she's porcelain and must be protected.

Mighty Member

Magma/Petra =Petra's look except she has Magma's curls.. She is a student at Empire University. A geology major who powers suddenly manifest during a battle between Spiderman and Doc Octopus. She saves many lives as she uses her powers to shield a large crowd of people from debris during the fight. Pete sees her potential and gets in contact with the x men so that she can be trained. Power wise, she would be a terra morph/terrakinetic who at peak can control lava.. So basically an earth bender who finds out they are also a lava bender.

Sway/Tempo- Heather Chan. She is Blasian. Her father is Asian-American and her mother is African American. They were scientist who were consumed with their work. Because of the neglect, when she manifested mutant abilities she ran away from home unsure of what would become of her. She was found by Stryfe who used his telepathic abilities subtly recruit her to his group the MLF. Once his telepathic suggestion wore off, Heather realized she wanted to take tempered approach to the fight for mutant equality. She defected from this group and joined X-force.
    Powers:Temporal manipulation: She manipulates time. She can slow down and speed up time in small temporal pockets.She can use her abilities on herself as well as others. Spatial manipulation: She has the limited ability to manipulate space. So far this ability allows her to fly. Postcognition: She can replay recent events that happened in the past in small localized areas.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Gah sorry.

First, I decided to make the entire Grey family Jewish. Then when Rachel comes back from her own dystopian future mutant holocaust, she gets to connect with John & Elaine Grey over Seder dinner and discuss past and future world traumas.

Second, I think the Jean & Wolverine "love story" is weird and gross. Personally, I think Wolverine's most significant relationship model is the kind he has with female sidekicks. I've been entertaining the notion that Jean was practicing her telepathy by helping Wolverine's broken memory and emotional aggressive behavior. Jean, not Kitty, became the first of his surrogate daughters. His animosity toward Scott is not jealousy, but dissatisfaction and disappointment. Logan wishes Jean would be with someone who recognizes her full power, and not some boy scout who insists that she's porcelain and must be protected.
    Oh I love this. I love this a lot.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Oh I love this. I love this a lot.
    Yeah I was hoping you would :-) Kitty's such an iconic character that removing her is a daunting task, but when you realize she's only a relationship nexus, it's not so bad. Every element of Kitty that moves to other characters only serves to make them better. Wolverine and Colossus instantly become more interesting and less toxic, for starters.

Now let's get back to business.

+

So I've never been a fan of the seeming insistence that Wanda and Pietro's powers are due to the influence of their "fathers"... either the genetic lottery from Magneto, or the experimentation of the High Evolutionary. It takes two to tango, and yet no one seems to know anything about the Maximoff twins' MOTHER. What if their powers were inherited from their mom? What if SHE was a neglected power player?
    Last edited by CRaymond; 08-02-2019 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Rachel Grey-Nate Grey origins. Rachel is the only Dummers kid. Nate and Cable dont exist. Conversely I dont think I have Kitty existing either.

The DOFP timeline leads into Bishop's timeline as well.
    Madelyn Pryor doesnt really exist but is an elaborate illusion created by Martinique Wyngarde working as an agent of Sinister to trick Cyclops and Xmen into believing she's Jean Grey returned.
    Feral-Catseye ( Catseye doesnt exist)
    I'd also do away with the characters of Boom-Boom and Jubilee...
    I like the idea to combine Cable, Nate and Rachel. Maybe Bishop and Cable could also be just one character! (You can tell I hate time travel lol)

Love the idea of combining Boomboom and Jubilee and "dis-convoluting" Madelyne. Mastermind was involved with her story anyway.

About Feral and Catseye, I guess both could be replaced by Rahne !

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I like the idea to combine Cable, Nate and Rachel. Maybe Bishop and Cable could also be just one character! (You can tell I hate time travel lol)

Love the idea of combining Boomboom and Jubilee and "dis-convoluting" Madelyne. Mastermind was involved with her story anyway.

Hold up.. Catseye is to great to be replaced by Rahne.. I would keep feral and make merge Catseye and THornn so that she can be latinx. She can run away from a crazy family only to be found by Emma Frost who grooms her as her personal bodyguard. Catseye had a genuis level intellect and that would be cultivated by Emma.

I would also merge Roulette and Boom Boom. Blond Party girl with a wicked sense of humor but a heart of gold. She would manipulate "luck"via psionic spheres.. golden spheres good luck, dark spheres bad luck. Underneath it all, her ability is the control entropy,it just manifests it self as good "luck" and bad" luck". She would have the origin of growing up in New Jersey. Her mother left her family and she was raised by a single father who was addicted to gambling among other things he was a con artist and a low level employee of the Kingpin. He often played high stakes poker with rich people. He noticed when he took her with him he was lucky and when she wasn't with him he was unlucky.He ended up taking her to a high stakes poker match a hell fire club event where Emma frost encountered her and sense her mutant potential.

+ +

Introducing Pietro Szardos, Quicksilver.

For those still playing along, I'm suggesting a context wherein Azazel/Belasco returns to Earth from Limbo every 25 years like Pennywise. He takes the identity of Herr Wagner, romances Lil Miss Darkholme, and is confronted by the Sorceror Supreme + others(Margali Szardos) in order to send him back. Both he and Mystique are banished, and Margali is determined to rescue the mutant the old fashioned superheroic way. She does so, but Raven has Wagner's blue demon baby, and Margali hatches a plan. Mystique runs off with a bundle of stones while Margali raises her son among the freaks of the circus.

And here's where other people would drop in Magneto. I don't think a father's identity is particularly important. What is important is that Margali has twins and raises all three children in the circus. Unfortunately, the boys don't get along and an accident turns deadly. Kurt bamfs off, and Margali gets to work. Summoning Elder Gods and spirits from beyond, Margali triple- and quadruple- deals in order to chase down her son in the Underworld. She draws a pentagram, uses her daughter as an anchor, and leaps into the afterlife.

Obviously, she's successful, and with Chthon's help, manages to bring her son back to life. The dark god promises Pietro would always run faster than blade and bullet, granting him magical superspeed. I'd use this pact to give Pietro a little bit of super-strength and durability too. And while I acknowledge there's more to Northstar than his homosexuality, his aggressive impatience overlaps with Quicksilver considerably. So hell, why not? Let's have Quicksilver be an alpha gay.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 08-02-2019 at 02:59 PM.

Fantastic Member

Yeah I hate time travel too. Which is why either I would make Rachels Days if Future Past lead right into Bishop's timeline so that they are the only ones from the future or Ive toying with the idea of taking Rachel's hound origins and applying it to Genosha.

So say the story gies as I planned with Rachel being engineered in Sinister's lab and then being stolen by Ahab and his operatives. Ahab creates the hound program and it is instituted in Genosha as a secret organization and part of their government. Rachel hunts her own kind and eventually rebels and is sent to concentration camp like prison run by reporgrammed Sentinels. Ina desperate attempt at rebellion during a purge if you will she locates and flees to the Xmen. Of course everyone shes close to on Genosha is killed as the government decides to wipe out the rebellion once and for all. Just a thought for now

+ +

And Wanda Szardos, the Scarlet Witch.

The pact that returned Wanda's brother back to life had several unforeseen consequences. First, Margali Szardos was imprisoned between mystical planes, in the realm known as the Winding Way. Quicksilver returned to life with white hair, inhuman strength and unholy speed. The superstitious townsfolk thought the adolescent boy was a vampyr. With no mother to protect them in the circus, the twins escaped into the wilds of Eastern Europe.

In time, Wanda exhibited powers of her own. As the Earthly anchor during her mothers' pact, Wanda was magically transformed. The magic of the Dark Gods gave Wanda the ability to magically alter reality, but it also altered her mind. Wanda developed slightly disassociated personalities, each with its own limits.

Due to the fact these powers were gained in adolescence, they were reported to be mutants, and attracted the attention of Xavier & Magneto. While Xavier managed to collect the demon-looking mutant, Magneto collected the mutant-looking "demons".
    Last edited by CRaymond; 08-02-2019 at 04:23 PM.

We've got too many X-Kids these days, it's hard to keep track of them all. A lot of them are pretty underdeveloped, or there's a lot of overlap in their roles/powers. What we need is a culling, to consolidate the students

Hellion and Quentin
    Surge and Armor
    Rockslide and Glob Herman
    Bling! and Mercury
    Anole and Indra
    Loa and Cipher
    Gentle and Graymalkin
    Trance and Blindfold
    Transonic and Sharkgirl
    Velocidad and Tempus
    Oya and Match
    Primal and Morph
    Zero and Hijack
    Triage and Elixir
    Sprite and Nature Girl
    Hindsight and Eye Boy

Fantastic Member

Another one I had......

So im all about trimming down numbers and focusing on less mutants but doing it well. Which is why im all about combining and amalgamting. Streamlining the Xmen is best in my opinion. That said one favorite of mine but also one who I struggle to find her relevance other than the men in her life has been Polaris. I mean sometimes its like just give her feats to Magneto. She never really gets much focus. However I dont want to get rid of her in fact I'd rather get rid of Wanda and just Polaris and Quicksilver be brother and sister. All that said my next combination is

Polaris + Siena Blaze- combination of their powers and even some of the backstory. Especially if Polaris was possessed or brainwashed into joining the Upstarts.

My next one is:
    Sinister+Gamesmaster - Sinister recruits the Upstarts as another version of the Marauders

Seperates Lorna a little more so she's not just the female version of her father Erik.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    We've got too many X-Kids these days, it's hard to keep track of them all. A lot of them are pretty underdeveloped, or there's a lot of overlap in their roles/powers. What we need is a culling, to consolidate the students

Hellion and Quentin
    Surge and Armor
    Rockslide and Glob Herman
    Bling! and Mercury
    Anole and Indra
    Loa and Cipher
    Gentle and Graymalkin
    Trance and Blindfold
    Transonic and Sharkgirl
    Velocidad and Tempus
    Oya and Match
    Primal and Morph
    Zero and Hijack
    Triage and Elixir
    Sprite and Nature Girl
    Hindsight and Eye Boy
    I'm definitely on the same page with you as far as the number of students. Hell I'd probably just kill a bunch of them off as opposed to salvaging any. But I like the concept for sure. Quite a few I can agree with especially Hellion and Quire- Quire doesnt exist
    Triage and Elixir- Triage doesnt exist
    Oya and Match- Matxh doesnt exist
    Trance and Blindfold- Trance doesnt exist

In the future Rachel is artificially created in Sinisters lab from the genetic material of Cyclops and Jean Grey. ... The DOFP timeline leads into Bishop's timeline as well.
    Nope, and yes.

In the Inferno story the baby Nathan is actually sacrificed. This adds a little more tragedy to Scott's story.
    Yikes

Sunspot- Sunfire.
    Rule #1 Never mix minorities with distinct, specific personalities. Kwannon/Karma works because Kwannon is barely a character. Talisman/Moonstar works because they are already pretty similar. Sunspot is a Brazilian hedonist and Sunfire is a Japanese elitist.

Forge-Hijack-Madison Jeffries. ( Hijack and Jeffries dont exist)
    I think there's room to play with Forge, but I'd go a different direction than just slamming all the machinery mutants together.

Dazzler-Aurora (Aurora doesnt exist)
    Dazzler is a very distinct persona, if not distinct appearance. Aurora's powers are negligible compared to her more interesting psychological traits.

Feral-Catseye ( Catseye doesnt exist)
    I don't mind this. I would remove Catseye's weird infantile personality in favor of Feral's Hispanic Morlock origin. I'd keep the name Catseye though. Leave Feral open as an option for another character.

Domino-Tempo-Tempus ( Tempus and Tempo dont exist)
    I'm particularly opposed to mutants with time-travel or time-manipulation powers. They tend to be game-breaking. I DO like Tempo though, and she's a special case. I'd never considered merging Domino with a bunch of timey-wimey mutants. I sort of consider her a cameo ally, a mutant professional merc/spy who we SHOULDN'T know much about, except that she's lucky, fun as hell, and works with SHIELD/SWORD/STRIKE/whoever pays.

Charles Xavier same origin. Faced Shadowking and was crippled, not Lucifer. ... She wants to destroy everything he ever built.
    I like using Shadow King as Charles' archenemy. Cassandra is such a weird, monstrous character, I don't have a clear idea of what I'd do with her.

Sinister
    is a terrible mess of a character. I don't mind him being involved in some clandestine, body horror operations, but I sort of prefer the Weapon X program to be a very human achievement.

Sabretooth
    I prefer a lot of mystery in Logan's backstory. The father/son who's who aspect to he and Creed is terrible boring. My idea with Sabretooth is basically making him a Genoshan U-Man, with mutant grafts. Healing Factor, Super Strength, Super Senses, etc.

Karma ... Jubilee
    See this is another flat Asian girl smash job. Karma is a shy lesbian from war torn Vietnam. Jubilee is a surly teen extrovert with crappy powers. We can discuss a redesign of one or either, but they do not fit together as one character.

Original Xforce/New Mutants actually run by Magneto and not by Cable.
    See, I'd have them led by a very militant and disillusioned Cyclops. Imagine traumatized post-DPS Cyclops turning the remaining Hellions & New Mutants into the fighting force he always thought X-Men could've been. No dumb guns though.

Psylocke
    Eventually we'll get to the Braddocks. I don't like telekinesis with Betsy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Magma/Petra So basically an earth bender who finds out they are also a lava bender.
    Yeah. magma is by far the most neglected New Mutant/Hellion. I think making her a villain might be fun.

Sway/Tempo
    I need to think on this one some more.

Bishop and Cable
    YEP. We'll get there eventually.

Boomboom and Jubilee
    NOPE. Boom Boom's a dumb blond. She's a terrible X-Man and an adorable character.

Feral and Catseye, I guess both could be replaced by Rahne !
    MAYBE. Wolfbane is a Eurotrash werewolf with control of her shapeshifting. Feral is a Latina catperson with no control of her mutation.

merge Catseye and THornn so that she can be latinx.
    More Latinx Morlocks is a yes.

I would also merge Roulette and Boom Boom.
    Yeah this has potential.

I would make Rachels Days if Future Past lead right into Bishop's timeline ... Rachel's hound origins and applying it to Genosha.
    Yeah having one future timeline is better than the 4-5 million we have. Hound tech could come from Genosha's mutate program, I like that.

Rachel being engineered in Sinister's lab
    Ick.

get rid of Wanda and just Polaris and Quicksilver be brother and sister.
    Getting rid of Wanda is bold as hell.

Sinister+Gamesmaster
    Hrmmm maybe.

Seperates Lorna a little more
    Yeah if Erik is fine control of electromagnetic force, maybe Polaris can be devastating explosive force.

Mighty Member

Another one I had......

So im all about trimming down numbers and focusing on less mutants but doing it well. Which is why im all about combining and amalgamting. Streamlining the Xmen is best in my opinion. That said one favorite of mine but also one who I struggle to find her relevance other than the men in her life has been Polaris. I mean sometimes its like just give her feats to Magneto. She never really gets much focus. However I dont want to get rid of her in fact I'd rather get rid of Wanda and just Polaris and Quicksilver be brother and sister. All that said my next combination is

Polaris + Siena Blaze- combination of their powers and even some of the backstory. Especially if Polaris was possessed or brainwashed into joining the Upstarts.

My next one is:
    Sinister+Gamesmaster - Sinister recruits the Upstarts as another version of the Marauders

Seperates Lorna a little more so she's not just the female version of her father Erik.
    I had just thought about something similar..

My take would be to merge Zaladane and Siena Blaze and then merge Phantanzia and Polaris.
    Siena Dane would be the fraternal older twin of Lorna. They would be separated at birth due to their mother's infidelity with Magneto. Siena would have a rough time in foster care while Lorna would go to a loving home. Siena ends up running away and turns to a life of crime to survive. When her abilities manifest in a robbery gone wrong, Gamemaster is alerted and recruits her to the upstarts. Lorna lives a good life and goes to college. She is a late bloomer with magnetic abilities but manifests her empathy as a teen. She is working on a PhD in physics and electrical engineering at MIT. When her powers manifests, she is recruited by Beast who is close friends with her adviser who realized she was a mutant.

Siena would be a Electromagnetic Sledge hammer. She is able to disrupt EM fields. She jams electronics, signals, etc She projects destructive concussive blast that are powered by ambient EM energy. Lorna on the other hand is a EM swiss army knife. She is able to manipulates EM energy with finesse and ease. She is able to " sense, manipulate, and disrupt various fields and wavelengths of various forms of energy". She is especially adept at manipulating the magnetic fields of biological organisms. In part this is due to her low level empathic abilities. She can fly, make her self and others invisible, limited manipulation of gravity, disrupt opponents electrical patterns, etc.

I think merging these four characters would be a great way to tie up loose ends as well as carve out niches for both ladies and Magneto. It would definitely be an interesting for him to maybe have a broader power set but his kids to be proficient in areas he is not. One thing I do not like is the kids having the same powers as the parents.